The “Bosses” in Halo Infinite were pretty much just bullet sponges with different armor and weapons.
If the game is gonna have Boss Battles, I want it to actually feel like a powerful entity that I’m fighting, and that defeating them has real consequences for the game, not some Brute 2.0 with Extra Health and Shields and a grenade launcher. Beating Revolver Ocelot, Vamp, The End, and other bosses in MGS had importance to the story, whereas the Brutes you fight in Infinite were just insignificant goons.
Even fighting the Hunters in the game felt more like a real boss battle than most of the actual bosses.
I’m sorry but the boss battles in Infinite were pretty weak and need to be more like Ninja Garden, Elden Scrolls, MGS, and Other Open world games
Examples how they can be improved:
Animations like Armor pieces falling off the Brute
Battles that just Only take place in a room or “Arena”, cause this isn’t WWE
They utilize environmental advantages better
They don’t just die each time you fight them, that’s predictable
The ability to use CQC or Melee combos on them
You actually gain something from them , such as:
– an Index to open up new map sections
– access to Brute Ships
– Intel on troop positions
– An upgraded usable vehicle
– A captured forerunner Cartographer that Brutes we’re using to navigate Halo’s Interior ( like the Metroid Prime maps )
– Elements of their suit or armor that you can integrate into yours
– Unique Banished equipment
– Weapon upgrades
– Ability to use captured Banished fortresses as commandeered Bases for the UNSC