If Halo 5 Is Buggy As MCC (You Can Now Get Refund)

About time the UK law introduced refund on digital content now! Now game developers that try to take the cheap route by releasing game knowing it faulty, we’ll think again now!

Interesting, I wonder if Irish law has something similar.

it better works proper…

Really, damm that’s good to hear being from the UK.

Thought there would be a clause developers could use and so it seems:

> It is the norm to encounter some bugs in a complex game or piece of software on release so a reasonable person might not expect that type of digital content to be free from minor defects. Consequently the application of the quality aspect ‘freedom from minor defects’ to digital content will depend on reasonable expectations as to quality.

Queue lots of debates over what counts as a “minor defect” and “reasonable expectation as to quality”. Also:

> For an expensive, complicated piece of software which may require a patch to bring it in line with the contract (i.e. it may need to be repaired rather than replaced) the process might be expected to take longer.

suggests that gamers have to give developers a chance to fix the product first. Queue lots of debates over what counts as “reasonable time”

Lazy Link

Even if i could, mostly i wouldn’t do that except after a year they didn’t fix it. I’m realistic, and know how complex the technology today is. How far/how much, we will see, but i know there will be some problems with Halo 5. The main difference will be, that Halo 5 will be much sooner fixed, because they show more passion for Halo 5 than for TMCC. Also - i hadn’t any Problem with Halo TMCC at all(guess you can call me a lucky one) - so yeah…

It’l be interesting on how they this will work tbh. not only just with halo but anything bought digitally online, are they going to develop a system to block your xbox from playing that game via the digital version?

I’m buying my Halo 5 from Game UK and will have a digital code… makes me wonder how I will give them the product back…

I don’t think 343 did that on purpose anyways…

> 2533274877058740;8:
> It’l be interesting on how they this will work tbh. not only just with halo but anything bought digitally online, are they going to develop a system to block your xbox from playing that game via the digital version?
>
> I’m buying my Halo 5 from Game UK and will have a digital code… makes me wonder how I will give them the product back…

They’d probably give you the refund and you’d keep the game and then Game would seek refunds from MS.

At a guess anyway. Seeing as it’s MS’ product that doesn’t work they’d be the ones to pay for it.

As long as the consumer gets their refund though it probably doesn’t matter either way.

Since the beta was like a year ago, I hope we don’t run into those issues /:

I would give them a week or two to fix the issues. They should have some idea at launch what might happen and prepare for it.

The beta worked better than MCC does now, A YEAR AGO. So I’m sure it will be fine.

I want this in Canada ! Seriously we need to submit this to Ottawa.

> 2533274860318030;9:
> I don’t think 343 did that on purpose anyways…

No, they didn’t make the MCC glitchy on purpose, but that have done little to fix it lately, and are leaving it in its current state.

It’s going to be a long time until it is available on Xbox.