If Halo 5 Had More Arena Gametypes...

Do you think if the gametypes such as KoTH, Oddball, VIP, Ricochet, and so on, were added to Halo 5, would you want them to be individual playlists or all be put in Team Arena? Or would you have some split? Remember the more individual playlists, the more the divided players are. Which one would you hope to play the most?

So give me your thoughts!

Thank you for your time.

I’d want them in a “Team Objective” playlist that didn’t include Slayer. Ideally, I’d like to vote on which game type we’re about to play as well.

First put them in a playlist where it’s only for showcasing the gametype and them put it team arena after a month.

> 2533274845430275;3:
> First put them in a playlist where it’s only for showcasing the gametype and them put it team arena after a month.

Doubt they’d put it in Team Arena unless it was being considered for the HCS. I could be wrong but isn’t that what it is “based off”

> 2614366390845858;2:
> I’d want them in a “Team Objective” playlist that didn’t include Slayer. Ideally, I’d like to vote on which game type we’re about to play as well.

I personally would rather have a veto system if anything.

> 2614366390845858;2:
> I’d want them in a “Team Objective” playlist that didn’t include Slayer. Ideally, I’d like to vote on which game type we’re about to play as well.

This is a good idea. Maybe voting on gametype but not on maps?
Hard to tell because we might end up playing endless CTF.

There should be two playlists;

1. Team Arena (Ranked) modeled after the Halo Championship Series and Halo Pro League; and
  2. Team Arena (Social) modeled with the intention of playing all the maps and gametype combinations, this includes HCS and DLC. Or possibly Team Arena (classic) with the old Halo gametypes?

The Team Arena (Social) being a social playlist would mean it would feature join-in-progress and be entirely unranked. The playlist would be 4v4 and also include a vetoing system to allow majority rules for the maps and gametypes. The idea is basically make social a Arena playlist to test any new additions to HCS and bring Halo back to its social roots. :slight_smile:

Gametypes (not including other variants) should feature a collection of what follows below;

• Slayer - Capture The Flag - Strongholds - Oddball - Assault - Arena Breakout - VIP - King Of The Hill - Ricochet - Regicide - Extraction - Headhunter - Juggernaut - Territories - Dominion - Stockpile

> 2533274873873545;4:
> > 2533274845430275;3:
> > First put them in a playlist where it’s only for showcasing the gametype and them put it team arena after a month.
>
>
> Doubt they’d put it in Team Arena unless it was being considered for the HCS. I could be wrong but isn’t that what it is “based off”

Then team objective

> 2533274873172929;7:
> There should be two playlists;
> 1. Team Arena (Ranked) modeled after the Halo Championship Series and Halo Pro League; and
> 2. Team Arena (Social) modeled with the intention of playing all the maps and gametype combinations, this includes HCS and DLC. Or possibly Team Arena (classic) with the old Halo gametypes?
>
> The Team Arena (Social) being a social playlist would mean it would feature join-in-progress and be entirely unranked. The playlist would be 4v4 and also include a vetoing system to allow majority rules for the maps and gametypes. The idea is basically make social a Arena playlist to test any new additions to HCS and bring Halo back to its social roots. :slight_smile:
>
> Gametypes (not including other variants) should feature a collection of what follows below;
>
> - Slayer
> - Capture The Flag
> - Strongholds
> - Oddball
> - Assault
> - Arena Breakout
> - VIP
> - King Of The Hill
> - Ricochet
> - Regicide
> - Extraction
> - Headhunter
> - Juggernaut
> - Territories
> - Dominion
> - Stockpile

The more social playlists, the better.

> 2533274939961451;1:
> Do you think if the gametypes such as KoTH, Oddball, VIP, Ricochet, and so on, were added to Halo 5, would you want them to be individual playlists or all be put in Team Arena? Or would you have some split? Remember the more individual playlists, the more the divided players are. Which one would you hope to play the most?
>
> So give me your thoughts!
>
> Thank you for your time.

Have an objective playlist and a team slayer playlist…No team Arena playlist

> 2533274830166194;10:
> > 2533274939961451;1:
> > Do you think if the gametypes such as KoTH, Oddball, VIP, Ricochet, and so on, were added to Halo 5, would you want them to be individual playlists or all be put in Team Arena? Or would you have some split? Remember the more individual playlists, the more the divided players are. Which one would you hope to play the most?
> >
> > So give me your thoughts!
> >
> > Thank you for your time.
>
>
> Have an objective playlist and a team slayer playlist…No team Arena playlist

No. This will just ruin the population, at least having two team arenas with the aspect of ranked and social both of the above can be satisfied. :slight_smile:

Strongholds and Capture The Flag needs their own individual playlist before adding stuffs to the game. If Halo 5 has population as much as Halo 3, what is the problem with doing that?

> 2535456165221911;12:
> Strongholds and Capture The Flag needs their own individual playlist before adding stuffs to the game. If Halo 5 has population as much as Halo 3, what is the problem with doing that?

I hear that the EU players have trouble getting into matches, so I wanted to keep that in mind. I’m not certain if population has a part of that problem to be honest.

> 2533274873172929;11:
> > 2533274830166194;10:
> > > 2533274939961451;1:
> > > Do you think if the gametypes such as KoTH, Oddball, VIP, Ricochet, and so on, were added to Halo 5, would you want them to be individual playlists or all be put in Team Arena? Or would you have some split? Remember the more individual playlists, the more the divided players are. Which one would you hope to play the most?
> > >
> > > So give me your thoughts!
> > >
> > > Thank you for your time.
> >
> >
> > Have an objective playlist and a team slayer playlist…No team Arena playlist
>
>
> No. This will just ruin the population, at least having two team arenas with the aspect of ranked and social both of the above can be satisfied. :slight_smile:

Team Arena doesn’t need to be its own playlist anyways,u already have team slayer by itself so why have slayer ranked twice?

> 2533274830166194;14:
> > 2533274873172929;11:
> > > 2533274830166194;10:
> > > > 2533274939961451;1:
> > > > Do you think if the gametypes such as KoTH, Oddball, VIP, Ricochet, and so on, were added to Halo 5, would you want them to be individual playlists or all be put in Team Arena? Or would you have some split? Remember the more individual playlists, the more the divided players are. Which one would you hope to play the most?
> > > >
> > > > So give me your thoughts!
> > > >
> > > > Thank you for your time.
> > >
> > >
> > > Have an objective playlist and a team slayer playlist…No team Arena playlist
> >
> >
> > No. This will just ruin the population, at least having two team arenas with the aspect of ranked and social both of the above can be satisfied. :slight_smile:
>
>
> Team Arena doesn’t need to be its own playlist anyways,u already have team slayer by itself so why have slayer ranked twice?

Team Arena is the HCS playlist. Read the description.

> 2533274970658419;15:
> > 2533274830166194;14:
> > > 2533274873172929;11:
> > > > 2533274830166194;10:
> > > > > 2533274939961451;1:
> > > > > Do you think if the gametypes such as KoTH, Oddball, VIP, Ricochet, and so on, were added to Halo 5, would you want them to be individual playlists or all be put in Team Arena? Or would you have some split? Remember the more individual playlists, the more the divided players are. Which one would you hope to play the most?
> > > > >
> > > > > So give me your thoughts!
> > > > >
> > > > > Thank you for your time.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Have an objective playlist and a team slayer playlist…No team Arena playlist
> > >
> > >
> > > No. This will just ruin the population, at least having two team arenas with the aspect of ranked and social both of the above can be satisfied. :slight_smile:
> >
> >
> > Team Arena doesn’t need to be its own playlist anyways,u already have team slayer by itself so why have slayer ranked twice?
>
>
> Team Arena is the HCS playlist. Read the description.

Are we in the championship series though?

They need a team objective and a team slayer playlist. No need to have a bunch of individual playlist for those games.

Heres how I’d do it:

Have the popular modes such as CTF, Oddball, and Team Snipers be their own playlists. Then have a solely team objective playlist, which would be unranked and hosts game modes such as KoTH, Assualt, Regicide, Juggernaut, VIP, Headhunter, Dominion, Ricochet, and VIP. This playlist would also poses a voting system similar to COD, in which modes that are voted on once, will be unavailable for selection the next game, unless you leave that lobby.

I may have mixed up the popular modes but what I’m trying to say is that popular modes should be separated from the objective playlist because it may skew votes, as well as make people complain and leave a lot. Personally I’d like all the modes to be in separate playlists but the population is probably too small for that.

As I said one playlist with all gametypes and maps… without the ranks. If everyone can only play one playlist, then everyone is in the one playlist… population solved. The only ranked playlists should be Team Arena (HCS), Free-For-All and Team Slayer.

All I know is that every Halo game, for one reason or another, simply was unable to have tons of playlists. So I would want them all to be placed into Team Arena and a Team Objective playlist.