IF HALO 4 HAS ARMOR EFFECTS

I will not be buying it. They destroyed the multiplayer for me. the constant yays and rainbow confetti everywhere killed the immersion and just made me feel like i was at a kids birthday party…Ive loved every halo and even reach until those damn yays…even the “inclement weather” got annoying to look at. I mean come on, how can a guy in bad -Yoink- armor running around with thunder clouds for shoulders be cool? childish and gimmicky if you ask me…

i know im probably the minority on these forums but the majority of my friends feel the same. they need atleast a toggle for players to view them or not. we shouldnt be forced to see and hear something that is mostly irritating.

bro, while I kind of liked Armor Effects, I can almost guarantee there wont be any in Halo 4. This is my personal opinion, no one working on the game said that, but reach was Bungie’s last halo game, they could almost do whatever they wanted, and 343 is trying to please everyone, and while some people enjoyed the effects, no one will really miss them, and since 343 is even going into detail enough to explain why red and blue spartan’s are fighting, I don’t think they could have a reason as to why there heads are on fire or filled with confetti.

It’s silly you would not buy a game over armor effects but I do agree that it should not be in the game. The only effect I would like to see is flames.

I see where you are coming from. And I am glad you didnt flame me either. It just got frustrating in reach seeing all these childish things when bungie kept claiming it was the darkest halo ever…I have high high hopes for halo 4, especially after the doc. hopefully see you guys when it releases!

I retort I was wrong. But isn’t it still silly to not buy a game because of something that small. I agree with your toggle it on or off idea like blood in other shooters.

> It’s silly you would not buy a game over armor effects but I do agree that it should not be in the game. The only effect I would like to see is flames.

Yeah, Only Head Based Effects. Like Inclement and Pestilence but only for your Head, Not too flashy (4 Types of Head Effects 1 Red Flames, 2 Blue Flames, 3 Inclement, 4 Pestilence)

> It’s silly you would not buy a game over armor effects but I do agree that it should not be in the game. The only effect I would like to see is flames.

even the flames irritated me after a while. nothing about it even fit the universe other than bungie employees had it to stand out. they were out of place and just looked stupid. Ive been a halo fan since CE and the books are extremely dark and gritty. so were the games until 3 when it decided to become all lighthearted then reach exploded with blue flames and hearts and then it lost all seriousness…IMO armor effects should be how new or used the armor is, or even how polished the metal is. in what way does a helmet on fire serve any purpose?

> I will not be buying it. They destroyed the multiplayer for me. the constant yays and rainbow confetti everywhere killed the immersion and just made me feel like i was at a kids birthday party…Ive loved every halo and even reach until those damn yays…even the “inclement weather” got annoying to look at. I mean come on, how can a guy in bad -Yoink!- armor running around with thunder clouds for shoulders be cool? childish and gimmicky if you ask me…
>
> i know im probably the minority on these forums but the majority of my friends feel the same. they need atleast a toggle for players to view them or not. we shouldnt be forced to see and hear something that is mostly irritating.

I sort of agree with the sound effect part, they do kinda distract me from the seriousness of the game, but I’m sure they can find better, more bad -Yoink- looking ones that actually make you look awesome. Black flames anyone?

I loved the armor effects. If anything, there should just be an option to disable them, should you not want to see them. I’d love to see a lot more armor effects than there were in Reach.

Amour effects are cool, I don’t see that it’s anything to get upset about.

If you don’t like the effect, you don’t have to wear it.

Inclement weather is awesome!

I like the toggle idea

Im sorry but that was a really dumb thing to say… Your not going to buy a game because of armor effects… Good halo doesn’t need people like you that won’t buy the game for a dumb reason…

I agree they were silly…but not buying the game over that?

I don’t see why these things are annoying you that much? They’re just affects people want to use to make the game a little funny. Halo’s never been about true seriousness every moment. If that were true then Sergeant Johnson and the grunts have no role in the games.

Armor effects should return with more effects! If your that mad about it then bag them after you kill them and make them your noob.

They really aren’t THAT annoying.

> Amour effects are cool, I don’t see that it’s anything to get upset about.
>
> If you don’t like the effect, you don’t have to wear it.
>
>
> Inclement weather is awesome!

the issue isnt me wearing it, its seeing everyone else wear it! did you not read my post? theyre annoying to a LOT of people. One major factor in halos dying popularity is the FACT that it became known as a game for children and the armor effects did not help any!

They need an option to toggle whether the player can view other peoples armor effects, exactly like games have the option to turn gore on and off. It wont effect anyone else but the person who has the option off. Ex - Armor Effects Visible? Yes or No. therefor if I select no only I wouldnt see them but the people using them still would. It harms no one and makes everyone happy. If you like them u can see them. if you dont like them you wouldnt be forced to stare at them.

Your argument is invalid, game for children? Isn’t that what people call CoD?
It is silly indeed to not buy the game for such a thing.
To miss out on so much for so little…

> Im sorry but that was a really dumb thing to say… Your not going to buy a game because of armor effects… Good halo doesn’t need people like you that won’t buy the game for a dumb reason…

its people like you that make people like me NOT want halo. It’s full of nasty people like you. And no it isnt dumb to say something like that because it IS a legitimate issue. i know a lot of people who can not stand the multiplayer because of the effects. i get halo multi isnt serious but why FORCE players to see/hear things they may not want to see? they literally serve no purpose.

While I’m not a fan of armour effects, I do understand why some people like them and I don’t see how it’s a reason to not buy the game. Saying that you won’t buy the game if there are armour effects is like saying you won’t buy the game if you can’t choose black as a colour for your multiplayer character.

don’t buy it then…

/thread

facepalm

Well, you can’t please everyone.

Some people like to have things to show off.

Armour permutations is one way to do that.

Armour effects is one step further. I don’t find them annoying at all. In fact I would like to see more, interesting takes on armour effects.

What ever happened to just showing off your emblem.