If Halo 4 has a quit ban then I quit Halo

This is along the same line of thinking as a recent post, but since that one is locked I posted this. I’ve ranted about the BS quit ban before, and how I should not be penalized when I am put on a worthless team. When I have to rage quit out of sheer exasperation for lag, idiot teammates, or the constant spawn killing (I’ll rant about that in another post), it is absolute nonsense to prevent me from further play. Every time I get quit banned I turn the game off for good. I simply can’t stand waiting in the lobby for 10 minutes, or worse yet, wasting time in the campaign, esp. when I already have all the campaign comms done. I posed this question in a previous post, and I will ask it again- why did/does Bungie/343 support and condone a system that prevents and, more importantly, discourages playing the game? This is why I’m still not convinced that Halo 4 will be good. If the same members of Bungie that came up with this moronic credit system are now with 343, and if said system is the setup for Halo 4 matchmaking, then count me out.

Okay… deep breath. Getting off my soapbox now.

They probably won’t since games are joinable now

well quitting won’t be as big of a factor as it was in the previous halo games so it would make sense they would be a little more lenient towards people quitting games.

I still think you should be penalized in some way for quitting but I don’t think you should be banned from playing the game, it may be for only a few minutes but its still frustrating.

> They probably won’t since games are joinable now

Sauce?

> well quitting won’t be as big of a factor as it was in the previous halo games so it would make sense they would be a little more lenient towards people quitting games.
>
> I still think you should be penalized in some way for quitting but I don’t think you should be banned from playing the game, it may be for only a few minutes but its still frustrating.

Not getting the credits for completing the game should be penalty enough. I’d even be fine if they had set it up like Halo 3. Quit the match, lose credits. At least that wasn’t a deterrent from playing the game.

If there is NO QUIT BAN the quitting will only get worse.

Even with the join in game there still needs to be a quit BAN.

Think about the other people in your game. Every time you quit a game you make it harder for your team and easier for the other team. If you quit once in a while you don’t get banned, its only if you habitually quit games that you get banned; if you are getting banned then you are quitting too much and thats not right.

Some of us actually want to play games with full teams on each side, slaughtering the last 2 players on the other team is no fun for anyone and a waste of time for everyone in the game.

Quitters ruin Halo matchmaking.

I feel for u but at the same time people who quit aren’t helping the team that sucks esspecially if u get pissy and rage quit

There is no quit ban.

We can leave and enter match at will now.

> Think about the other people in your game. Every time you quit a game you make it harder for your team and easier for the other team. If you quit once in a while you don’t get banned, its only if you habitually quit games that you get banned; if you are getting banned then you are quitting too much and thats not right.
>
> Some of us actually want to play games with full teams on each side, slaughtering the last 2 players on the other team is no fun for anyone and a waste of time for everyone in the game.
>
> Quitters ruin Halo matchmaking.

have to agree with you Foxy, even though quitting won’t be as much of a problem in halo 4 its still a nuisance none the less and shouldn’t be taken lightly.

I think the whole idea of them banning you is kind of stupid because you would think the developers would want the people to play the game as much as possible.

I think the banning is pretty effective but at the same time I think its too effective.

I once had a game of halo: reach were all the enemy team did was camp in the spawn on sword base, some games are better left unplayed.

> There is no quit ban.
>
> We can leave and enter match at will now.

I’m sure that even though we may leave and enter matches at will, because of this active roster, that quitting will still be punished. Otherwise everyone would drop out of games the second they realise that they might not win.

If the rank system is similar to halo 3, then quit=loose a point. If in reach, idk, because just loosing the credits is not enough.

> If there is NO QUIT BAN the quitting will only get worse.
>
>
> Even with the join in game there still needs to be a quit BAN.

Agreed. people done HAVE to rage quit… and if you have a bad team deal with it. If your team is spawn killing then yeah thats a good reason to leave.

But my point is, I’ve only been quit banned once because i know how annoying it is to be on the lower end of a 3v4 match. which usually turns into a 2v4, then 1v4.

And if you were stuck on a bad team, then that means you will either get annihilated or just be that one really awesome guy in the match. either way one match will not dictate the rest of your halo career.
(Not directed at you F U N Z B O B. I’ve seen you around on these forums and think your a great help to them. this is directed to OP)

if you’re getting banned all the time you quit too much i hate players like you
dont pplay halo if youre going to screw your team every round

> Think about the other people in your game. Every time you quit a game you make it harder for your team and easier for the other team. If you quit once in a while you don’t get banned, its only if you habitually quit games that you get banned; if you are getting banned then you are quitting too much and thats not right.
>
> Some of us actually want to play games with full teams on each side, slaughtering the last 2 players on the other team is no fun for anyone and a waste of time for everyone in the game.
>
> <mark>Quitters ruin Halo matchmaking.</mark>
>
>
> No… awful teammates, lag, betrayers, and AFKers ruin matchmaking. I’d love to play a full game with randoms and not have someone lag out, betray me, or simply not know what the hell they’re doing. It just doesn’t happen that way very often it seems. Especially lately.

I love quit ban because I absolutely hate playing with people who quit. I’d love for it to stay in.

> if you’re getting banned all the time you quit too much i hate players like you
> dont pplay halo if youre going to screw your team every round

that’s not entirely true, a lot of the times in halo reach I would get banned because of lag spikes.

plus you have to admit that some games really are just a waste of your time.

> > Think about the other people in your game. Every time you quit a game you make it harder for your team and easier for the other team. If you quit once in a while you don’t get banned, its only if you habitually quit games that you get banned; if you are getting banned then you are quitting too much and thats not right.
> >
> > Some of us actually want to play games with full teams on each side, slaughtering the last 2 players on the other team is no fun for anyone and a waste of time for everyone in the game.
> >
> > <mark>Quitters ruin Halo matchmaking.</mark>
>
> No… awful teammates, lag, betrayers, and AFKers ruin matchmaking. I’d love to play a full game with randoms and not have someone lag out, betray me, or simply not know what the hell they’re doing. It just doesn’t happen that way very often it seems. Especially lately.

See I agree about lag, betrayers, AFKers and griefers also ruining matchmaking. I don’t think that people who are just bad at Halo ruin matchmaking, everyone has to start somewhere after all. But besides lag all of those things, along with quitters, all fall under a bigger category; jerks.

Jerks ruin Halo. We surely can all agree on that.

Dude… -Yoink- you, Original post guy… If that were to shut off ppl would quit often. It’s bad enough we get a -Yoink- load of quits on Reach///

> > if you’re getting banned all the time you quit too much i hate players like you
> > dont pplay halo if youre going to screw your team every round
>
> that’s not entirely true, a lot of the times in halo reach I would get banned because of lag spikes.
>
> plus you have to admit that some games really are just a waste of your time.

ok but you must also admit that, in most cases players like these die a couple times right off that bat, or see their team die a few times or don’t get their favorite power weapon and just decide to quit, because they’ve done it so many times that it’s just reflex for them. Maybe you’re the ten percent, but the other 90 should most certainly -Yoink- off and stop complaining about getting banned, especially when they admit they are rage quitters in their topic