If factions had theme songs.

I was just listening to the radio in my car, and Immortals by Fallout Boys came on, and it made me think that that song could kinda fit Spartans. You know with the whole “Spartans never die” thing. I’m sure there’s better songs for them, but it kinda works none the less.

Anyway, if other factions in Halo (ODSTs, Grunts, Elites, Forerunners, etc.) had theme songs, what would they be?

Sangheilis/Elites: maybe “Viva la vida” making reference of their ancient story.
Spartans: “Soldiers”
ODSTs: “Eye of the Storm”

> 2535407463625298;2:
> Sangheilis/Elites: maybe “Viva la vida” making reference of their ancient story.
> Spartans: “Soldiers”
> ODSTs: “Eye of the Storm”

Yeah. Those fit, and even thought the tone of Viva la vida does not in ANYWAY fit the Sangheli, it is pretty fitting lyrics wise

For Brutes maybe something by Korn

I figure the benny hill music for suicide grunts running around.

Being as I used to watch montages of Halo on YouTube a while ago, I would suggest “Breaking Benjamin - I Will Not Bow” for Spartans.

I could think of a few;

To pick a specific song would be difficult in some areas, but it wouldn’t be hard to pin down genres for each.

I would split the humans into four main factions:

• Spartans - ODST - Marines - Other UNSC Personnel (Cpt. Keys, Halsey, etc.)Spartans are hard because you can see a good example of how distinguished and unique they can be from one another. Picking one song, or even genre would be difficult to fit each of the Spartans, but overall I think something like hard rock would fit well. Disturbed - Indestructible, or a generic answer as Breaking Benjy would work (the line “only the strongest will survive” comes to mind from blow me away).

ODST seem like tougher marines, people who look badyoink to others and think they’re real tough stuff. Probably something most would find over the top like Five Finger Death Punch.

Marines seem simple. All Ooh-Rah! Butt- kicking covvykillers. Likely very close to their real life counterparts I would imagine they listen to Metallica, AC/DC, and other hard rock.

Other UNSC would probably do best with light background music, like a HALO menu theme or something akin to elevator music. Heck, throw the Mii channel music in there.

Covenant have always been metalheads in my mind. I’m not sure, maybe it’s that death metal seems inherently alien, or that the first death metal band I heard was “Rings of Saturn” which is ALL about aliens. But I’d break up the covenant like this:

• Elites - Brutes, Skirmishers, and Jackals - Grunts - Prophets - Engineers and Drones - HuntersElites would have something sophisticated, complex, with bits of soft or orchestral parts, but also plenty of speed and violence. Born of Osiris as a band i think would be a perfect fit. And I cant leave out the HALO fans themselves, the death metal band known as “Shadow of Intent”!

Brutes, Skirmishers, and Jackals are all more animalistic. Violent music like Spite, Slaughter to Prevail, or creepy music like mentioned before - KoЯn would fit them well.

Benny Hill music as a theme for grunts is too perfect, no need for explanation.

Prophets are crusty old cracks. They probably enjoy choir music or something of the like.

Engineers and Drones strike me as more of a nature-themed music type. Maybe something even slightly tribal for the drones, maybe some piano for the Engineers.

Hunters need boss music. Think of some of your favorite video game boss battle tracks and put that to hunters. The intimidation and rarity of a hunter fight merits boss music in my opinion.

The flood would all go under one category, seeing as they are all controlled by one gravemind. Given that gravemind says that he’s listened through “rock and metal and time” I’m assuming he’s talking about music (not really), but what better band to listen to than the Australian metal band “Gravemind”? Some songs are even about torment, living a different life than your own, and masses of violence.

Lastly, Forerunners. They all seem like the all too easy answer of techno. They even look like something out of Tron! Maybe even to the point of dubstep, if that’s your thing.
Sorry for the mini-book, this is a topic which I’ve dwelt on over many sleepless nights.

> 2533275063920007;1:
> I was just listening to the radio in my car, and Immortals by Fallout Boys came on, and it made me think that that song could kinda fit Spartans. You know with the whole “Spartans never die” thing. I’m sure there’s better songs for them, but it kinda works none the less.
>
> Anyway, if other factions in Halo (ODSTs, Grunts, Elites, Forerunners, etc.) had theme songs, what would they be?

So here’s what I’ve got. I tried to compile a playlist that not only represented the themes but also sounded awesome. I put a great deal of thought to this and organized the songs on Spotify at the link below. I also added two songs that fit the playlist perfectly but aren’t tied to any specific faction. Enjoy!

Elites: Aqueous Transmission - Incubus
Grunts: Panic Song - Green Day
Jackals: Protection - Emma Ruth Rundle
Hunters: Made of Stone(Renholder Remix) - Evanescence
Brutes: Fizgig - Chevelle
Drones: Bum Bum Tam Tam - Tiesto and SWACQ remix
The Arbiter: Kusanagi - ODESZA
Marines: Safari Song - Greta Van Fleet
ODSTs: Young Men Dead - The Black Angels
SPARTAN-IIs: From Birth to Burial - 10 Years
SPARTAN-IIIs: The End - The Doors
SPARTAN-IVs: Outsider(Apocalypse Remix) - A Perfect Circle
John 117 Joke version: Aint No Sunshine - Bill Withers
John 117 Serious version: Beautiful War - Kings of Leon
Cortana: Roads - Portishead (hardest to find on this list, a testament to a complex and brilliant character)
SMAJ Johnson: On The Move - The Record Company
The Flood: The Beginning is The End is The Beginning - Smashing Pumpkins

Bonus: Dust - The Delta Saints, Gosh - Jamiexx

> 2533274814390441;9:
> > 2533275063920007;1:
> > I was just listening to the radio in my car, and Immortals by Fallout Boys came on, and it made me think that that song could kinda fit Spartans. You know with the whole “Spartans never die” thing. I’m sure there’s better songs for them, but it kinda works none the less.
> >
> > Anyway, if other factions in Halo (ODSTs, Grunts, Elites, Forerunners, etc.) had theme songs, what would they be?
>
> So here’s what I’ve got. I tried to compile a playlist that not only represented the themes but also sounded awesome. I put a great deal of thought to this and organized the songs on Spotify at the link below. I also added two songs that fit the playlist perfectly but aren’t tied to any specific faction. Enjoy!
>
> Spotify
>
> Elites: Aqueous Transmission - Incubus
> Grunts: Panic Song - Green Day
> Jackals: Protection - Emma Ruth Rundle
> Hunters: Made of Stone(Renholder Remix) - Evanescence
> Brutes: Fizgig - Chevelle
> Drones: Bum Bum Tam Tam - Tiesto and SWACQ remix
> The Arbiter: Kusanagi - ODESZA
> Marines: Safari Song - Greta Van Fleet
> ODSTs: Young Men Dead - The Black Angels
> SPARTAN-IIs: From Birth to Burial - 10 Years
> SPARTAN-IIIs: The End - The Doors
> SPARTAN-IVs: Outsider(Apocalypse Remix) - A Perfect Circle
> John 117 Joke version: Aint No Sunshine - Bill Withers
> John 117 Serious version: Beautiful War - Kings of Leon
> Cortana: Roads - Portishead (hardest to find on this list, a testament to a complex and brilliant character)
> SMAJ Johnson: On The Move - The Record Company
> The Flood: The Beginning is The End is The Beginning - Smashing Pumpkins
>
> Bonus: Dust - The Delta Saints, Gosh - Jamiexx

Ain’t no sunshine when she’s gone…

But DANG! That is a good job done right!

> 2533274834544247;8:
> To pick a specific song would be difficult in some areas, but it wouldn’t be hard to pin down genres for each.
>
> I would split the humans into four main factions:
> - Spartans - ODST - Marines - Other UNSC Personnel (Cpt. Keys, Halsey, etc.)Spartans are hard because you can see a good example of how distinguished and unique they can be from one another. Picking one song, or even genre would be difficult to fit each of the Spartans, but overall I think something like hard rock would fit well. Disturbed - Indestructible, or a generic answer as Breaking Benjy would work (the line “only the strongest will survive” comes to mind from blow me away).
>
> ODST seem like tougher marines, people who look badyoink to others and think they’re real tough stuff. Probably something most would find over the top like Five Finger Death Punch.
>
> Marines seem simple. All Ooh-Rah! Butt- kicking covvykillers. Likely very close to their real life counterparts I would imagine they listen to Metallica, AC/DC, and other hard rock.
>
> Other UNSC would probably do best with light background music, like a HALO menu theme or something akin to elevator music. Heck, throw the Mii channel music in there.
>
> Covenant have always been metalheads in my mind. I’m not sure, maybe it’s that death metal seems inherently alien, or that the first death metal band I heard was “Rings of Saturn” which is ALL about aliens. But I’d break up the covenant like this:
>
>
> - Elites - Brutes, Skirmishers, and Jackals - Grunts - Prophets - Engineers and Drones - HuntersElites would have something sophisticated, complex, with bits of soft or orchestral parts, but also plenty of speed and violence. Born of Osiris as a band i think would be a perfect fit. And I cant leave out the HALO fans themselves, the death metal band known as “Shadow of Intent”!
>
> Brutes, Skirmishers, and Jackals are all more animalistic. Violent music like Spite, Slaughter to Prevail, or creepy music like mentioned before - KoЯn would fit them well.
>
> Benny Hill music as a theme for grunts is too perfect, no need for explanation.
>
> Prophets are crusty old cracks. They probably enjoy choir music or something of the like.
>
> Engineers and Drones strike me as more of a nature-themed music type. Maybe something even slightly tribal for the drones, maybe some piano for the Engineers.
>
> Hunters need boss music. Think of some of your favorite video game boss battle tracks and put that to hunters. The intimidation and rarity of a hunter fight merits boss music in my opinion.
>
> The flood would all go under one category, seeing as they are all controlled by one gravemind. Given that gravemind says that he’s listened through “rock and metal and time” I’m assuming he’s talking about music (not really), but what better band to listen to than the Australian metal band “Gravemind”? Some songs are even about torment, living a different life than your own, and masses of violence.
>
> Lastly, Forerunners. They all seem like the all too easy answer of techno. They even look like something out of Tron! Maybe even to the point of dubstep, if that’s your thing.
> Sorry for the mini-book, this is a topic which I’ve dwelt on over many sleepless nights.

I think that Drones would have some song that depicts a sort of organized chaos. They’re a hive of insects, but to us it seems they’re just random from each other

I think Spartans fit with two steps from hell’s Protectors of Earth. Since they technically are and its a pretty inspirational song and the Spartans were generally seen as inspirational to the lower ranks in battle.

The UNSC as a whole might fit well with “First Wave” by Jeff Williams. It seems like a pretty general theme but it sort-of fits the UNSC as a basic Space Marine style of ballistic weapons and conventional vehicles. Its also got some pretty upbeat parts which match well with the UNSC’s history of protecting humanity.

Marines / UNSC Army troops I can see fitting with rock (like others have said) such as “Smokin” by Boston, “Danger Zone” by Kenny Loggins and other rock songs

ODST"s I think would fit really well with “Talking That Sh-t” by Jeff Williams (from that Rooster Teeth Skit) just because they seem like badasses and just don’t take anything from anyone

ONI seems like it would have a calm but intimidating theme like “Another One Down” by Jeff Williams

Foreunners are more of a tragic / sad group (nearly losing mantle, killing precursors, losing the entire galaxy they spent 10000’s of years watching, etc.) so I’d say “Heavy Price Paid” (Halo 2 obviously) since its calm, sad and has a choir, all of which feel like the forerunners in my opinion OR “Light of the Seven” from Game of Thrones due to the slow buildup, choir and the powerful 2nd half of the song.

The engineers are super peaceful so they defiantly fit with the Manaan Theme (the surface theme, not the underwater base section) from KOTOR #1

I think elites fit with the Sith/Endar Spire theme from KOTOR #1. Its powerful and has a warrior / battle atmosphere.

Grunts and “Stayin’ Alive” by Bees Gees seem like a great match

… and 2401 PT and 343 Guilty Spark may fit well with “The Humbling River” by Puscifer. Since its pretty slow but builds up to a powerful end and mentions about needing more than power to do stuff . Basically matches them as they both have tons of power on their installations but still failed and lost everything (2401 lost the ring to the flood somehow and ,sadly, is likely dead). Guilty Spark also lost his ring / everything due to lack of humanity / too robotic (devoted to protocol even though 117 gave another option to just destroy the ring to kill the flood) but he became more… human, and made allies in Halo 3 which helped him gain more than he had before (access to Ark and eventually remembering his history before installation 04). - sorry for the long explanation

I think there’s a few Michael Jackson songs that fit, like humanity and “they don’t care about us” or “wanna be starting something” .