If Del Rio arrested Chief...

What would have happened to MC once the Infinity got back to Earth? I mean MC was thought to be dead for 4-5 years and then suddenly he comes back to Earth in handcuffs?

Del Rio would have gotten the Axe.

Then the Composer would have put everyone for sale on Itunes

The same thing that happened in the game. Some one would have flown a bunch of nukes into the Composer.

Hood probably would have fired Del Rio on the spot, and if the Didact showed up, Master Chief would have been freed/sent to take him out right away.

Lord Hood would have Pimped Slapped him and shot him in the knee.

I think Del Rio would’ve been within his rights to detain Chief, who clearly disobeyed orders. I think he is reasonably iffy about working with a supersolider who vanished 5 years ago and suddenly reappears on a Forerunner planet babbling about living Forerunners and having a rampant AI going crazy.

Can you imagine what Del Rio must’ve been thinking when Chief told him of the Librarian and all that? He basically said he learned of all of this from a -Yoinking!- ghost.

I still laugh at how he “left Chief behind on Requiem” when Lasky is the one who was told to keep him on the ship and provided Chief with a Pelican off the Infinity.

> Then the Composer would have put everyone for sale on Itunes

FTW

> I think Del Rio would’ve been within his rights to detain Chief, who clearly disobeyed orders. I think he is reasonably iffy about working with a supersolider who vanished 5 years ago and suddenly reappears on a Forerunner planet babbling about living Forerunners and having a rampant AI going crazy.
>
> Can you imagine what Del Rio must’ve been thinking when Chief told him of the Librarian and all that? He basically said he learned of all of this from a -Yoinking!- ghost.
>
> I still laugh at how he “left Chief behind on Requiem” when Lasky is the one who was told to keep him on the ship and provided Chief with a Pelican off the Infinity.

Good points. Even though Del Rio came across as a -Yoink- personality-wise, his actions regarding the Chief were legitimate. Without the certainty Chief was correct, and Cortana’s obvious rampancy, he had good reasons for his doubts. He could have just been less of a -Yoink- about it

> > I think Del Rio would’ve been within his rights to detain Chief, who clearly disobeyed orders. I think he is reasonably iffy about working with a supersolider who vanished 5 years ago and suddenly reappears on a Forerunner planet babbling about living Forerunners and having a rampant AI going crazy.
> >
> > Can you imagine what Del Rio must’ve been thinking when Chief told him of the Librarian and all that? He basically said he learned of all of this from a -Yoinking!- ghost.
> >
> > I still laugh at how he “left Chief behind on Requiem” when Lasky is the one who was told to keep him on the ship and provided Chief with a Pelican off the Infinity.
>
> Good points. Even though Del Rio came across as a -Yoink!- personality-wise, his actions regarding the Chief were legitimate. Without the certainty Chief was correct, and Cortana’s obvious rampancy, he had good reasons for his doubts. He could have just been less of a Yoink! about it

I think he was made that way just so Chief could look good by contrast. After all, it is easier to be disobedient to an -Yoink- than a well-manner, logical captain.

Guillotine for Del Rio if that happened. He is basically responsible for saving humanities *** a bazillion times. Although Halsey could be attributed to that as well, and look where she is now. No, he’s still the Chief, and he didn’t do anything wrong morally.

> Guillotine for Del Rio if that happened. He is basically responsible for saving humanities *** a bazillion times. Although Halsey could be attributed to that as well, and look where she is now. No, he’s still the Chief, and he didn’t do anything wrong morally.

So you would punish Del Rio for following military protocol and let Chief off free for breaking military protocol? Seems legit.

Chief would be released and Del Rio would have a lot to answer for.

Del Rio was still in the wrong, not just about Chief but in leaving such an important find as Requiem in the hands of the Covenant. The UNSC Infinity has 10 Frigates in her cargo bay, she could have easily sent one of them to Earth and then stayed behind. Hell if he was adamant about leaving he could have left a Frigate behind at least to assist the Chief.

Fist to the chest!

Del rio has a good point to arrest chief,but someone might bypass this and del rio could get the axe

> Del Rio was still in the wrong, not just about Chief but in leaving such an important find as Requiem in the hands of the Covenant. The UNSC Infinity has 10 Frigates in her cargo bay, she could have easily sent one of them to Earth and then stayed behind. Hell if he was adamant about leaving he could have left a Frigate behind at least to assist the Chief.

Course if the Infinity wasn’t at Earth, I doubt Chief would’ve been able to get inside Mantle’s Approach.

If Captain Del Rio had actually tried to arrest the Chief, the Chief would just resist it. Protecting the entire human race is more important to him than following some Captain’s orders. Besides, handcuffs couldn’t hold the Chief anyways.

Well, humanity would have been doomed if Chief did come back to earth in hand-cuffs. They would have no idea how to deal with the Didact and the composer and thus humanity would have fallen.

> Well, humanity would have been doomed if Chief did come back to earth in hand-cuffs. They would have no idea how to deal with the Didact and the composer and thus humanity would have fallen.

Um, how? Chief didn’t learn anything important during the missions of Shutdown and Composer. Had he been on the Infinity they would’ve arrived at Earth sooner or just as Mantle’s Approach arrived.