If COD can get a classic game why can't Halo ?

So if you guys haven’t already seen this years Call of Duty - Infinite Warfare will include COD4:Modern Warfare Remastered with 10 multiplayer maps.
This got me thinking as to whether or not this will begin to set a new market trend. With gaming companies changing their games mechanics and dynamics in every subsequent title ,mainly over focus groups’ desire to see a new game innovate in some silly way, fans have been driven away from games they once considered perfect,or timeless classics. COD4 signals a return for a lot of us ,whom had their starts in online gaming with Halo 3 and COD4 ,to classic mechanics.If it ain’t broke don’t fix it.

Could this happen for Halo ? Maybe. MCC was a failure but Halo 3 came out in 2007 just like COD4.Would it be silly to say that if this becomes a market trend that we will see a barebones Halo game release with Halo Wars 2 or Halo 6…it could be a final solution to the complaining from a large portion of the audience to have a classic Halo game. 343i are more than likely not going to add a classic playlist, despite the option being available in custom games, to Halo 5 as they want to sell REQ’s and evolve the new mechanics. I can respect that somewhat, but they have to respect the fact that Halo is straying away from what it originally was with every new release. MCC was meant to be our way of experiencing classic Halo and it failed miserably. A remaster,despite what complaining would be made regarding MCC being left to wither and die, WOULD be a good idea and you all know you’d play it. MCC is gone… it’s a shame but it is dead. This community cannot forgive them on that issue. Our only hope now is a standalone classic mechanics game…it may never happen but I’d like to keep the faith.

What do you guys think ?

Rather than a remaster, I would rather see Halo 6 take the series gameplay back to the simpler gameplay mechanics of the originals.

> 2811398874529013;2:
> Rather than a remaster, I would rather see Halo 6 take the series gameplay back to the simpler gameplay mechanics of the originals.

I don’t think that’s an option man.If they return to the classic feel they push the new fans away…yet old school fans will come back to the game on the other side of the coin.Its a real risk which makes me think why did they even play around with the mechanics in the first place ? If everyone was happy before why go and change things. I’m still hoping for a classic game to come out alongside one of the next installments in the franchise.It would end the bickering and complaining.

I wouldn’t mind a Halo 3 Anniversary.

You can only hope, we are in a era of remasters so you never know what could happen.

TheCODcod 4 is a remaster just like MCC was (improved graphics and such). Except instead of forcing you to buy Halo 5 (and pay extra 20$) in order to play the other Halo games, you got 4 (5 with ODST) campaigns and no Halo 5 purchase necessary.

To me, MCC was a success. I didn;t have enough time to play the MP but I played the hell out of the campaigns. if anything, MCC set a trend - look at Bioshock collection, Uncharted collection and others.

It bizarre that you cannot buy the stand-alone remaster but the cod community will not complain and demand that the remaster be available stand-alone for 20$.

> 2533274818084099;6:
> TheCODcod 4 is a remaster just like MCC was (improved graphics and such). Except instead of forcing you to buy Halo 5 (and pay extra 20$) in order to play the other Halo games, you got 4 (5 with ODST) campaigns and no Halo 5 purchase necessary.
>
> To me, MCC was a success. I didn;t have enough time to play the MP but I played the hell out of the campaigns. if anything, MCC set a trend - look at Bioshock collection, Uncharted collection and others.
>
> It bizarre that you cannot buy the stand-alone remaster but the cod community will not complain and demand that the remaster be available stand-alone for 20$.

I’m sure that CoD 4 remastered will get an independent release date sometime after, and that Activision will say it was because of the “overwhelming positive response” and “fan anticipation” and because they “appreciate the fans”.

I’d appreciate the fans buying the same product every single year too, so at least they’re not wrong.

Unfortunately, to me, the MCC was an utter and colossal failure. I do appreciate having all the campaigns, but I’ve had every Halo campaign that was included in the MCC since 2012. The cutscenes for H2A are wonderful and I cannot complain.

But the handling of the game’s online components and the “burial at sea” after they took 5 months to sort of patch things is inexcusable.

I think it is humorous that you consider CoD 4 to be a classic title.

I would prefer they not remaster Halo 3. There is no need too. If the demand for playing Halo 3 is high (doubtful), people can plug in their 360 and boot it up, or they can play it 1080p/60 FPS on the MCC. Halo could use some new content in between main game launches, not recycled remakes.

I agree with both carnage and nick, I have never had any problems with MCC since a few months out, I do not understand why people would ask for another classic remastering games. I do not think we should see any more remastering of Halo games until whatever the next generation of consoles occurs and we see a dramatic step forward that makes a remastering again necessary (i.e, VR, 4K).

> 2533274907200114;4:
> I wouldn’t mind a Halo 3 Anniversary.

^This.