If chief dies in infinite how should he?

I’m hoping chief doesn’t die just retires or something other than die but if he was to die in halo infinite how should he die?

Choking on the last donut after racing all the other spartans across the mess hall for it. If he hadn’t gloated they might’ve given him the heimlich maneuver.

Halo 3 did it perfectly.

He should get beaten to death by a strong female brute with a golf club in the first hour of the game and then you get to play as that strong female brute for the rest of the game.

He shouldn’t die. He is the Mario equivalent of the Halo franchise and it would kill the franchise to have their biggest mascot dead.

Forerunner enhancements by the Librarian in Halo 4 should be revealed showing him to have a much longer lifespan than intended.

> 2535419393377481;4:
> He should get beaten to death by a strong female brute with a golf club in the first hour of the game and then you get to play as that strong female brute for the rest of the game.

Her name is Domoqa, and was selected through rigorous focus group testing.

I believe he should not die. He is the mascot of the franchise and need to take care of his character.

I’d love a Lone Wolf type of thing where he lives as long as you can fight off enemies.

I think the “hero’s sacrifice” is too predictable and played out. I’d like to see an original twist on the concept or have him survive (and eventually die from old age, to keep this on-topic).

I think it would be more important for a series defined as a “military shooter” to explore Chief after the fight has finished (or he is finished with the fight).

Would he be allowed to quit? Would ONI let him see his parents?Would he feel abandoned by the Military or does the UNSC support their veterans post-retirement? Would he become a farmer? Would he find a job that lets him continue to protect Earth/humanity in a smaller way? Would he ever be called upon again? Would he want to be called upon? Could he ever let go of the fight?

He was a child soldier… who returned to cryo-sleep every chance he got… i think he just plans to keep fighting until he dies… but if he wins the final fight, will he just go into cryo forever?

Maybe he sticks around and trains the next generation of spartans. Then we might see him in future titles and he can continue to develop as a character.

He canonically attempts to swim, and drowns to death

> 2535419393377481;4:
> He should get beaten to death by a strong female brute with a golf club in the first hour of the game and then you get to play as that strong female brute for the rest of the game.

Dude, I died laughing. Awesome response :rofl:

> 2535447697692913;1:
> I’m hoping chief doesn’t die just retires or something other than die but if he was to die in halo infinite how should he die?

I can’t imagine Halo with no Chief
if Chief dead Halo dead

I think the H3 sendoff would be perfect in this case. MC is too legendary to be replaced or killed so an MIA ending might suit him better. That way players can come up with their own scenarios and move onto newer games with different characters. With Jen Taylor, Steve Downes, and Keith David getting older, wrapping up the Chief’s story is inevitable (as well as Cortana’s and Arbiter’s). I personally think this should have been done when 343i took over with the Reclaimer saga acting as a bridge between the Chief and a new protagonist.

> 2533274883108544;3:
> Halo 3 did it perfectly.

Controversies aside, I have had loads of fun with H4 and H5 over the years. Sure, they have their ups and downs, but I’m happy my favorite series didn’t end.

But g** da** it Halo 3 really did have the perfect ending didn’t it!

> 2535453138108435;14:
> I think the H3 sendoff would be perfect in this case. MC is too legendary to be replaced or killed so an MIA ending might suit him better. That way players can come up with their own scenarios and move onto newer games with different characters. With Jen Taylor, Steve Downes, and Keith David getting older, wrapping up the Chief’s story is inevitable (as well as Cortana’s and Arbiter’s). I personally think this should have been done when 343i took over with the Reclaimer saga acting as a bridge between the Chief and a new protagonist.

Well they did try, but we all know how that went…

> 2533274813608672;16:
> > 2535453138108435;14:
> > I think the H3 sendoff would be perfect in this case. MC is too legendary to be replaced or killed so an MIA ending might suit him better. That way players can come up with their own scenarios and move onto newer games with different characters. With Jen Taylor, Steve Downes, and Keith David getting older, wrapping up the Chief’s story is inevitable (as well as Cortana’s and Arbiter’s). I personally think this should have been done when 343i took over with the Reclaimer saga acting as a bridge between the Chief and a new protagonist.
>
> Well they did try, but we all know how that went…

I think it failed because Locke was unknown to the fan base who felt that his entry was too quick. If a character established in the lore had been the protagonist with MC acting as support, H5 might have fared better in terms of acting as a bridge to future games. I’m not too sure if it was canon, but there was scant lore about a second class of Spartan-II soldiers which were to be created towards the end of the Human-Covenant war. I always thought that it would make sense for 343i to expand that lore and find an equal replacement to Chief. I think Jerome faces the same problem as the Chief in that he maybe too old.

> 2535447697692913;1:
> I’m hoping chief doesn’t die just retires or something other than die but if he was to die in halo infinite how should he die?

Like in lone wolf where he fights till he dies

Not with a bang, but a wimper.

If Master Chief were to die in Halo Infinite it should be a sacrifice he makes in order to take out Cortana or Possibly Atriox! In my opinion I feel like Chief sacrificing himself would be a good way to end his story, but it has to be executed well from a story standpoint.