If Bungie made Halo 4..

If Bungie made Halo 4, I really don’t think it would anything like what it is. I think the graphics would still be in the same ODST/REACH/Halo 3 style.

I really don’t think they would have spend as much time as 343i did, maybe half the time. Multiplayer definitely would not be what it is today (IMO)

Don’t get me wrong, Bungie makes great games (Obviously) and I’m a tried and true fan, but I’m really glad 343i has taken over and directed it in the path the Halo universe is on now.

At first I thought 343i wouldn’t set the Bungie standards, but now it seems they have passed it.

Of course Bungie will always be Mother and Father of the Halo universe, and no one can take their spots there.

Campaign wise… Well, Bungie’s Halo campaigns have always been fascinating. But I’m glad now 343i is going in a new direction with the Forerunners. Because I don’t think Bungie would have. They would have just left us wondering without answers.

Thank you 343i and Bungie for making brilliant games. I can’t wait to see what comes in the Future.

• <3 Frothingslosh.

I love the direction 343i’s taken. That being said, I haven’t played Halo 4. I have no idea how Bungie would have developed it. I don’t see where you get the idea that they would have spent half the time that 343i did. This post just seems a bit irrelevant and full of unfounded speculation. I don’t see the point, to be honest. We haven’t even played H4 yet, so why not wait before we start comparing it to hypothetical Bungie games that weren’t made.

Both are great developers as proven thus far. However you have to remember Bungie has a lot of talent that basically worked on only Halo for long periods of time. 343i have talent from many other game/movie/audio/effects genres and industries so they have a wider talent pool to build from.

I think that’s the main difference is the diversity in talent at 343i and the resources thrown at that studio from MS to delivery the AAA-grade title that is Halo 4.

I’m actually happy Bungie moved away from Halo, I’m curious what they’re next game is about too.

They all look like nerds to me regardless which brings me comfort. If you watched any of Bungie Vidocs holy crap some of those dudes need sunlight and a good night’s sleep. 343 seems to have more of a new-school nerd style going on.

Bungie would have probably made the multiplayer a whole lot better. I can’t speak just yet, as I haven’t played it, but I highly doubt we’d be seeing a progression system that’s revolved around unlocking weapons.

Bungie gave up Halo because they didn’t like what Microsoft was forcing them to do. They wanted money, and the way they earn money is by copying COD and other shooters. Thus, Reach was born. Bungie tried to hide the fact that they were moving towards this direction, but ultimately, Microsoft made them do it. Then they said “f*ck it” and left, so now Microsoft is bossing 343i around. This is why we have a progression system in an Arena (or what should be an Arena) shooter.

DON’T YOU DARE INSULT BUNGIE. They would have made the game 1000000x better than whatever 343i can do.

> Bungie would have probably made the multiplayer a whole lot better. I can’t speak just yet, as I haven’t played it, but I highly doubt we’d be seeing a progression system that’s revolved around unlocking weapons.
>
> Bungie gave up Halo because they didn’t like what Microsoft was forcing them to do. They wanted money, and the way they earn money is by copying COD and other shooters. Thus, Reach was born. Bungie tried to hide the fact that they were moving towards this direction, but ultimately, Microsoft made them do it. Then they said “f*ck it” and left, so now Microsoft is bossing 343i around. This is why we have a progression system in an Arena (or what should be an Arena) shooter.

No, Bungie just didn’t want to keep doing Halo.

They signed a 10 year contract. When those 10 years approached the end, Bungie made Reach and left. During that time Microsoft had been building 343i to continue the Halo franchise when Bungie left to work on a new project.

> They all look like nerds to me regardless which brings me comfort. If you watched any of Bungie Vidocs holy crap some of those dudes need sunlight and a good night’s sleep. 343 seems to have more of a new-school nerd style going on.

If all they did was create games, as nerds, then in the end they are doing what they should be doing. It’s not very often I see hurr derp super models work on AAA games…

> Bungie would have probably made the multiplayer a whole lot better. I can’t speak just yet, as I haven’t played it, but I highly doubt we’d be seeing a progression system that’s revolved around unlocking weapons.
>
> Bungie gave up Halo because they didn’t like what Microsoft was forcing them to do. They wanted money, and the way they earn money is by copying COD and other shooters. Thus, Reach was born. Bungie tried to hide the fact that they were moving towards this direction, but ultimately, Microsoft made them do it. Then they said “f*ck it” and left, so now Microsoft is bossing 343i around. This is why we have a progression system in an Arena (or what should be an Arena) shooter.

ACtually, no. They rushed the game out so they could meet their contractual bonds and then be free of the franchise and Microsoft’s imposing hand.

> DON’T YOU DARE INSULT BUNGIE. They would have made the game 1000000x better than whatever 343i can do.

Works both ways.

DON’T YOU DARE INSULT 343i. They are making a game many times better than what Bungie would have continued with.
(Just saying that, not exactly my thoughts).

Story-wise, thats quite clear. Multiplayer… it would be interesting to see where Bungie would have gone after Reach.
I’m interested to see what they’re doing now, considering that the last thing I knew about them and project Destiny was that they signed a contract with Activision and will be expected to roll out main games every two years with a sort of spin off/D!C type thing every year.

> DON’T YOU DARE INSULT BUNGIE. They would have made the game 1000000x better than whatever 343i can do.

I don’t know about that, seeing how reach turned out not the greatest to a few people.

Well we wont know who would have made halo 4 better, but i hope 343 makes it just as mysterious and cryptic bungie made the past halo games. I hope we have to find some kind of terminal or data pad with text and has those creepy backward voices.

What i loved about what bungie did was the eerie story of the didact and the libarian, i loved it how bungie made it really interesting like how the librarian spoke to the didact about firing the rings and that its the only hope left. And also how she would die along with everything else as she spent her last moments on mount kilimanjaro.

That was one of my favorite parts in the halo universe, i always wondered why 343 or greg bear have hinted the librarian may be alive after all. Bungie seemed to have made it clear that she died when the rings were fired, why did they change it that?

I think for the time being Bungie did the best they could with what they had! To each his own, but sometimes it takes a new perspective to open the door way to innovations.

343 is going to an amazing job with what tools they have at their disposal.

> > They all look like nerds to me regardless which brings me comfort. If you watched any of Bungie Vidocs holy crap some of those dudes need sunlight and a good night’s sleep. 343 seems to have more of a new-school nerd style going on.
>
> If all they did was create games, as nerds, then in the end they are doing what they should be doing. It’s not very often I see hurr derp super models work on AAA games…

I know its just Bungie in particular looks for the lack of a better word like they have alot of nerds on their team. You are right you have to be at least a semi-nerd to work on most AAA games but I am just saying it really stands out when you see their Vidoc’s like the Making of H2 Vidoc

The Halo 4 OST would probably be orchestra.

If cow poop was butter people would spread that on bread too.

Who cares? Just be happy you are getting to play another halo with people who are fan of the franchise themselves.

Where’s Bungies game? Havent heard a peep out of those dudes. Because the are making a fps world of the warcraft.

Could you be any more of a fanboy? Stop praising a game that you haven’t even played so much. That’s the same as saying “Looper was the best movie ever!” and only watching the commercials.

> If cow poop was butter people would spread that on bread too.
>
> Who cares? Just be happy you are getting to play another halo with people who are fan of the franchise themselves.
>
> Where’s Bungies game? Havent heard a peep out of those dudes. Because the are making a fps world of the warcraft.

LMAO FPS of WoW, that rumor was shot down long ago.

They are making a Sci-fi shooter series named “Destiny” with maybe some MMO elements.

Its going to be awesome because then we will have Halo and Destiny and that is going to be Sci-fi nerd heaven. A new Half-life might be coming around that time as well!

> > If cow poop was butter people would spread that on bread too.
> >
> > Who cares? Just be happy you are getting to play another halo with people who are fan of the franchise themselves.
> >
> > Where’s Bungies game? Havent heard a peep out of those dudes. Because the are making a fps world of the warcraft.
>
> LMAO FPS of WoW, that rumor was shot down long ago.
>
> They are making a Sci-fi shooter series named “Destiny” with maybe some MMO elements.
>
> Its going to be awesome because then we will have Halo and Destiny and that is going to be Sci-fi nerd heaven. A new Half-life might be coming around that time as well!

Yeah, i know. I was thrownin out my line to see if i could hook anything, and you bit. Good for you.

I’m less enthusiastic about Halo 4 but I still think 343 is the lesser of two evils.

On the other hand, at least Bungie would have changed the AI drastically. But then again, the new enemies (Prometheans) are like 70% of the reason why I want to play Halo 4 campaign.

I’d rather have new enemies then unbalanced, less interesting, uglier old enemies.