If boost cards return...

If the xp and rp (or whatever infinites equivalent to this is) boost cards return. I think they should make cards with multiple objectives. For instance the current kills card can have players run around with reckless abandon. But if the boost was least deaths then players would hide. Why not have card with multiple objects that contrast each other. Most kills and least deaths on a card for instance. You get xp for completing either one. But if you achieve both you get a large bonus. Things like this will make players play smarter. Least ammo used/most head shots…etc. if ya like this drop a 2 or 3 objective combo card you think would be great in the comments

> 2793974233130299;1:
> If the xp and rp (or whatever infinites equivalent to this is) boost cards return. I think they should make cards with multiple objectives. For instance the current kills card can have players run around with reckless abandon. But if the boost was least deaths then players would hide. Why not have card with multiple objects that contrast each other. Most kills and least deaths on a card for instance. You get xp for completing either one. But if you achieve both you get a large bonus. Things like this will make players play smarter. Least ammo used/most head shots…etc. if ya like this drop a 2 or 3 objective combo card you think would be great in the comments

The Monster Energy promotion seems to indicate the new set-up is a timed one (though I’m unclear on if that’s real time or game time)

No card is ever going to be a net positive if you are given a specific game type. If I get a card that gets more valuable for kills and fewer deaths, then either it needs to be locked to slayer or people will try to farm objective modes.

The game needs to already reward players based on performance (Damage done, kills, low deaths, assists) and then add a multiplier to that. Anything else is going to influence the way people play, and that doesn’t tend to be good for the other players.

> 2806037446402987;3:
> No card is ever going to be a net positive if you are given a specific game type. If I get a card that gets more valuable for kills and fewer deaths, then either it needs to be locked to slayer or people will try to farm objective modes.
>
> The game needs to already reward players based on performance (Damage done, kills, low deaths, assists) and then add a multiplier to that. Anything else is going to influence the way people play, and that doesn’t tend to be good for the other players.

I agree. But it’s clear that boost are returning so unfortunately let’s talk about what they are doing.

> 2793974233130299;4:
> > 2806037446402987;3:
> > No card is ever going to be a net positive if you are given a specific game type. If I get a card that gets more valuable for kills and fewer deaths, then either it needs to be locked to slayer or people will try to farm objective modes.
> >
> > The game needs to already reward players based on performance (Damage done, kills, low deaths, assists) and then add a multiplier to that. Anything else is going to influence the way people play, and that doesn’t tend to be good for the other players.
>
> But it’s clear that boost are returning

You have a link for that ? I cannot find any confirmation from 343i about boost cards. I agree with Mongerty too. Boosts are something that can influence the way people play and can negatively affect another player’s experience. Boosts are something I was hoping they would pass on. The promotional or in game 2 x XP boosts are ok I suppose, but boost cards tied to objectives like most kills or fewest deaths sounds like a very bad idea imo.

> 2592250499819446;5:
> > 2793974233130299;4:
> > > 2806037446402987;3:
> > > No card is ever going to be a net positive if you are given a specific game type. If I get a card that gets more valuable for kills and fewer deaths, then either it needs to be locked to slayer or people will try to farm objective modes.
> > >
> > > The game needs to already reward players based on performance (Damage done, kills, low deaths, assists) and then add a multiplier to that. Anything else is going to influence the way people play, and that doesn’t tend to be good for the other players.
> >
> > But it’s clear that boost are returning
>
> You have a link for that ? I cannot find any confirmation from 343i about boost cards. I agree with Mongerty too. Boosts are something that can influence the way people play and can negatively affect another player’s experience. Boosts are something I was hoping they would pass on. The promotional or in game 2 x XP boosts are ok I suppose, but boost cards tied to objectives like most kills or fewest deaths sounds like a very bad idea imo.

Absolutely agree here. The only evidence we have of any form of boosts are the 30 minute timed 2XP ones from the Monster promotion and that’s strictly timed.

The Monster promotion Ts&Cs state “Halo Waypoint Tokens provide ‘Double XP’ or ‘2XP’ which will allow you to double the number of experience points accumulated for thirty (30) minutes from the time of redemption within the Game client. Only one (1) Double XP can be used at a time within the Game.” Interesting to see how that will work in practice: is it a case of if you complete one game and start but don’t complete another you only get the boost for the first game, or for only the part of the second match where the boost was active, or for any games you enter while it’s active - in which case if you burn through games quickly you might get 3 or 4 games within your boost window?

> 2793974233130299;4:
> > 2806037446402987;3:
> > No card is ever going to be a net positive if you are given a specific game type. If I get a card that gets more valuable for kills and fewer deaths, then either it needs to be locked to slayer or people will try to farm objective modes.
> >
> > The game needs to already reward players based on performance (Damage done, kills, low deaths, assists) and then add a multiplier to that. Anything else is going to influence the way people play, and that doesn’t tend to be good for the other players.
>
> I agree. But it’s clear that boost are returning so unfortunately let’s talk about what they are doing.

If they are returning I want them to be straightforward, which I thought was clear in my response. The game needs to add a simple multiplier to the overall performance without trying to dictate how you play a match.

> 2806037446402987;7:
> > 2793974233130299;4:
> > > 2806037446402987;3:
> > > No card is ever going to be a net positive if you are given a specific game type. If I get a card that gets more valuable for kills and fewer deaths, then either it needs to be locked to slayer or people will try to farm objective modes.
> > >
> > > The game needs to already reward players based on performance (Damage done, kills, low deaths, assists) and then add a multiplier to that. Anything else is going to influence the way people play, and that doesn’t tend to be good for the other players.
> >
> > I agree. But it’s clear that boost are returning so unfortunately let’s talk about what they are doing.
>
> If they are returning I want them to be straightforward, which I thought was clear in my response. The game needs to add a simple multiplier to the overall performance without trying to dictate how you play a match.

Entirely agree. Simple is better. The challenges can provide week-to-week modifiers and encourage certain game modes as we see in MCC