If anyone complains that the.....

If anyone complains that the “red x” is actually white…I will hunt you down and…do something…not sure what I will do…but its something you wont like!!

If you hunt me down in Haven you might not see the white X marker when I die.

Eh white X, who cares. Its not like the color pallet of Halo is white, light gray, silver, and light brown. Oh wait, that is every map ever made. Man I have a feeling a white X will be hard to see in game. I honestly dont care what color it is just make it something easy to see. Which is why it was red in the first place, the colors in Halo are light colors.

There is a valid reason to complain. A white X with the color pallet every halo game has will be tough to see.

I can actually see that happening.

> I can actually see that happening.

Oh I’m sure it will. Thats why I put this topic up.

The X should be red.

Came here to yell at the OP and tell him that would not happen. Then I thought about it, and decided that yeah, people will in fact complain about this.

Edited by Moderator - Please do not use alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.

*Original post, click at your own discretion.

> Eh white X, who cares. Its not like the color pallet of Halo is white, light gray, silver, and light brown. Oh wait, that is every map ever made. Man I have a feeling a white X will be hard to see in game. I honestly dont care what color it is just make it something easy to see. Which is why it was red in the first place, the colors in Halo are light colors.
>
> There is a valid reason to complain. A white X with the color pallet every halo game has will be tough to see.

OMG your actually complaining, are you 12 or just trolling?

> > Eh white X, who cares. Its not like the color pallet of Halo is white, light gray, silver, and light brown. Oh wait, that is every map ever made. Man I have a feeling a white X will be hard to see in game. I honestly dont care what color it is just make it something easy to see. Which is why it was red in the first place, the colors in Halo are light colors.
> >
> > There is a valid reason to complain. A white X with the color pallet every halo game has will be tough to see.
>
> OMG your actually complaining, are you 12 or just trolling?

Really? Every map in game has a light color pallet and with the X being white it will be hard to see. I honestly dont care what color it is just one that will be easy too see on the maps in game. Which is not white, because of white/gray/silver/light brown maps.

> The X should be red.

Sorry guys. I’ll be a bit busy…doing something.

With how bright Halo 4 is I actually see it as an issue.

I did not know about the x being white untill just now., but now that i do, i don’t like it.
People complaining about the complainers, let me point out the obvious and tell you to realize that the whole point of the X system is so your team mates can see where it is you died and go there, thus the phrase, “One shot on my X”

If people can’t see where that X is, whats the point?

Just my 2 cents, there are much more pressing matters that require complaining than this though.

Edited by Moderator - Please do not use alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.

*Original post, click at your own discretion.

> > > Eh white X, who cares. Its not like the color pallet of Halo is white, light gray, silver, and light brown. Oh wait, that is every map ever made. Man I have a feeling a white X will be hard to see in game. I honestly dont care what color it is just make it something easy to see. Which is why it was red in the first place, the colors in Halo are light colors.
> > >
> > > There is a valid reason to complain. A white X with the color pallet every halo game has will be tough to see.
> >
> > OMG your actually complaining, are you 12 or just trolling?
>
> Really? Every map in game has a light color pallet and with the X being white it will be hard to see. I honestly dont care what color it is just one that will be easy too see on the maps in game. Which is not white, because of white/gray/silver/light brown maps.

Look at the gameplay demo with the “X” it looks just fine. I’m truly disgusted at how you(and some of the Halo Community) can complain about everything in Halo 4. This is why I never go on the forums, too many 12 year olds that just whine and -Yoink- all day long here. ugh.

First of all, I love 343 for bringing back the “X”. The colour of the “X” should be customizable though, IMO. Would greatly help some of the colour blind players.

The white “X” I think will be a bit of an issue, but not as bad as everybody here currently makes it out to be. I think that the X will be very hard to see on certain maps though, such as Haven. Halo 4 is a pretty darn, bright game if you haven’t noticed.

> > > > Eh white X, who cares. Its not like the color pallet of Halo is white, light gray, silver, and light brown. Oh wait, that is every map ever made. Man I have a feeling a white X will be hard to see in game. I honestly dont care what color it is just make it something easy to see. Which is why it was red in the first place, the colors in Halo are light colors.
> > > >
> > > > There is a valid reason to complain. A white X with the color pallet every halo game has will be tough to see.
> > >
> > > OMG your actually complaining, are you 12 or just trolling?
> >
> > Really? Every map in game has a light color pallet and with the X being white it will be hard to see. I honestly dont care what color it is just one that will be easy too see on the maps in game. Which is not white, because of white/gray/silver/light brown maps.
>
> Look at the gameplay demo with the “X” it looks just fine. I’m truly disgusted at how you(and some of the Halo Community) can complain about everything in Halo 4. This is why I never go on the forums, too many 12 year olds that just whine and -Yoink!- all day long here. ugh.

Watching game-play and playing the game are two different things. In game it needs too be readily apparent were it is, and with it being white it will be hard to notice it at a quick glance. But considering you are stooping down and trying to insult me I wont bother explaining it anymore.

A little tip, if you ever expect a nice conversation between anyone dont start it off by insulting them.

Well dude, it’s known as “the red X”. But 343 decided to make it white. So yeah, people may not like that. But you’re right. It doesn’t really matter. Maybe 343 is just going to ridiculous lengths to prove that the game is “theirs” now instead of Bungie’s. Even down to changing the color of the red X. I have to wonder…

It’s not even released yet. Wait until you can actually see that it blends in before you Yoink about it. There is already plenty of Yoinking on these forums, we don’t need hypothetical Yoinking on top of that.

Visibility aside, a lighter X looks more aesthetically pleasing on the HUD to me.

> > > > Eh white X, who cares. Its not like the color pallet of Halo is white, light gray, silver, and light brown. Oh wait, that is every map ever made. Man I have a feeling a white X will be hard to see in game. I honestly dont care what color it is just make it something easy to see. Which is why it was red in the first place, the colors in Halo are light colors.
> > > >
> > > > There is a valid reason to complain. A white X with the color pallet every halo game has will be tough to see.
> > >
> > > OMG your actually complaining, are you 12 or just trolling?
> >
> > Really? Every map in game has a light color pallet and with the X being white it will be hard to see. I honestly dont care what color it is just one that will be easy too see on the maps in game. Which is not white, because of white/gray/silver/light brown maps.
>
> Look at the gameplay demo with the “X” it looks just fine. I’m truly disgusted at how you(and some of the Halo Community) can complain about everything in Halo 4. This is why I never go on the forums, too many 12 year olds that just whine and -Yoink!- all day long here. ugh.

White in this game isn’t a color that sticks out. If I saw that X on Haven or any Ravine forged map I wouldn’t notice. You notice things that stick out more, and that red X did exactly that. So instead of being so negative and coming up with a conclusion with a lack of information how about you contribute?

am i the only one who saw this coming?

> It’s not even released yet. Wait until you can actually see that it blends in before you Yoink about it. There is already plenty of Yoinking on these forums, we don’t need hypothetical Yoinking on top of that.
>
> Visibility aside, a lighter X looks more aesthetically pleasing on the HUD to me.

It’s not supposed to be “pleasing” it’s supposed to be an alert…