If 343 were in it for the money...

We would already have killstreaks, less vehicular focus, return of Arcade FF, no shields, and the main enemy wouldn’t be an ancient threat: It would be terrorists.

-OR-

We would have a carbon copy of Halo 2/3 in our laps.

But neither of the above are even remotely true, are they? They’re planning on improving and re-implimenting ideas brought in Halo Reach, which is argued to be the least-liked “main” Halo game as compared to CE, 2, 3.

They’re making a Halo game. They’re taking ambitious twists- Didn’t Halo start with ambition? Didn’t it build off ambition? Give them your faith, until you have sufficient evidence to take it all back. If they were in it for the money, we would already know that. Taking these risks and going out on these limbs does -not- sound like going straight for the money, now does it.

Exactly. If they were ‘soulless game developers tasked by Microsoft with milking Halo as much as possible’, then they’d have taken the exact opposite route they have done.

> We would already have killstreaks, less vehicular focus, return of Arcade FF, no shields, and the main enemy wouldn’t be an ancient threat: It would be terrorists.
>
> -OR-
>
> We would have a carbon copy of Halo 2/3 in our laps.
>
>
>
>
> But neither of the above are even remotely true, are they? They’re planning on <mark>improving</mark> and re-implimenting ideas brought in Halo Reach, which is argued to be the least-liked “main” Halo game as compared to CE, 2, 3.
>
> They’re making a Halo game. They’re taking ambitious twists- Didn’t Halo start with ambition? Didn’t it build off ambition? Give them your faith, until you have sufficient evidence to take it all back. If they were in it for the money, we would already know that. Taking these risks and going out on these limbs does -not- sound like going straight for the money, now does it.

Improving. Haha that is a good one.

You sir just nailed it +100 for you.

Great, no like some players who are afraid of changes, great views!

In the words of B.O.B. (no relation to BOBs from marathon or Reach) “-Yoink- the money!”.

> > We would already have killstreaks, less vehicular focus, return of Arcade FF, no shields, and the main enemy wouldn’t be an ancient threat: It would be terrorists.
> >
> > -OR-
> >
> > We would have a carbon copy of Halo 2/3 in our laps.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > But neither of the above are even remotely true, are they? They’re planning on <mark>improving</mark> and re-implimenting ideas brought in Halo Reach, which is argued to be the least-liked “main” Halo game as compared to CE, 2, 3.
> >
> > They’re making a Halo game. They’re taking ambitious twists- Didn’t Halo start with ambition? Didn’t it build off ambition? Give them your faith, until you have sufficient evidence to take it all back. If they were in it for the money, we would already know that. Taking these risks and going out on these limbs does -not- sound like going straight for the money, now does it.
>
> Improving. Haha that is a good one.

Well, they removed armor lock and did away with bloom altogether- those alone are improvements, no? Just because a system is bad in one game (and I’ll admit- I hate AA’s with a passion in Reach for the most part. Sprint’s alright.) doesn’t mean that it’s not capable of being salvaged and made better.

[deleted]

I agree 100 percent and besides “Spartan Ops” sounds like one of the best features they put in Halo right now it’s a side campaign and i really enjoy Halo’s campaign so it will be nice to play different story based missions every week.

@Gristlystew

Aye, that’s what I’m getting at in referring to your last two sentences. I know they’re certainly going to try and make money off the game, but a major focal point (however erroneous) in this community is that they seem to think the new direction Halo is going is to imitate a CoD-esque FPS so that they can make the money CoD is making at the expense of the Halo name and fanbase.

> You sir just nailed it +100 for you.

> Exactly. If they were ‘soulless game developers tasked by Microsoft with milking Halo as much as possible’, then they’d have taken the exact opposite route they have done.

which would be a good thing

> > Exactly. If they were ‘soulless game developers tasked by Microsoft with milking Halo as much as possible’, then they’d have taken the exact opposite route they have done.
>
> which would be a good thing

You don’t understand. Try not looking down your narrow tunnel, and open your mind a bit. How can you be so quick to make a final judgement on something that doesn’t come out till the holiday’s, a half year away?

OP, adding stuff like killstreaks requires WORK because they have never done it in halo before, adding sprint takes hardly any work at all i bet.

> OP, adding stuff like killstreaks requires WORK because they have never done it in halo before, adding sprint takes hardly any work at all i bet.

Would you know anything about video game designing?

> OP, adding stuff like killstreaks requires WORK because they have never done it in halo before, adding sprint takes hardly any work at all i bet.

Psh. Aside from ODST, they’ve had to technically ‘gut’ parts of the engine for every Halo game. I’ll say it out front I’m not very savvy on game design, but I’m pretty sure if you’re getting paid, you’re going to work hard. Double-y so if this is your company’s first game.

That said- I’m pretty sure Spartan Ops, which has no set precedent in Halo, would take a -lot- more work than simply going for killstreaks, or bringing back a rehashed firefight, etc.

Sure, the re-introduced Sprint mechanic takes little to no work, but you’re grasping at thin straws if you’re suggesting they’re going to make a game based off the effort of the simple mechanics as compared to the complex map-testing, A.I. design, and so forth.

I don’t recall anybody of importance saying that 343i was ever in it for the money, so, point of thread?

If you let a few people who say ignorant stuff like that push you into making a thread then you’re so easily trolled.

No, because they aren’t -Yoinks!-.

They know that if they BLATANTLY copied CoD, they’d be screwed.

ALSO: If 343 was in it for the money…

SPARTAN OPS WOULDN’T BE FREE!

> ALSO: If 343 was in it for the money…
>
> SPARTAN OPS WOULDN’T BE FREE!

Sorry that 343 doesn’t want to be constantly bashed and lose tons of sales.

Second of all, where’s your time machine?