If 343 DOESN'T fix everything in the TU...

I really don’t want this forum to explode on them.

We all have very high expectations for the Title Update, but I’d like to take a moment for everyone to realize that in reality…They will not fix everything we want them to. We may get a few bones thrown at us, but unless 343 is REALLY different from Bungie, we will NOT get everything we want.

Tempers will flare high if we don’t get an Armor Lock nerf, or if they don’t remove Bloom, or if they don’t make the Classic Update “classic enough”. Frankie said recently on the HBO forums: "You should always temper expectations to avoid disappointment and enable delight."

Believe me…I understand the rage, frustration, and even hate that a lot of you feel towards Halo Reach. 343 has an opportunity to fix a lot of the problems Reach has…But please do not expect too much. The vibe I’m getting from these forums over the last few weeks has been “OMG YES! 343 WILL FIX EVERYTHING!”…While I enjoy that notion and hope for it to be true, the last thing I am expecting is that 343i will do everything we ask of them.

There will be improvements, count on that. But please, guys. Don’t give up and rage at 343 just because they don’t see things your way. If you aren’t happy with the Title Update, continue to express your thoughts maturely, as most of us are currently doing. Don’t get angry…

Don’t turn into Bnet.

Thanks all!

> I really don’t want this forum to explode on them.
>
> We all have very high expectations for the Title Update, but I’d like to take a moment for everyone to realize that in reality…They will not fix everything we want them to. We may get a few bones thrown at us, but unless 343 is REALLY different from Bungie, we will NOT get everything we want.
>
> Tempers will flare high if we don’t get an Armor Lock nerf, or if they don’t remove Bloom, or if they don’t make the Classic Update “classic enough”. Frankie said recently on the HBO forums: "You should always temper expectations to avoid disappointment and enable delight."
>
> Believe me…I understand the rage, frustration, and even hate that a lot of you feel towards Halo Reach. 343 has an opportunity to fix a lot of the problems Reach has…But please do not expect too much. The vibe I’m getting from these forums over the last few weeks has been “OMG YES! 343 WILL FIX EVERYTHING!”…While I enjoy that notion and hope for it to be true, the last thing I am expecting is that 343i will do everything we ask of them.
>
> There will be improvements, count on that. But please, guys. Don’t give up and rage at 343 just because they don’t see things your way. If you aren’t happy with the Title Update, continue to express your thoughts maturely, as most of us are currently doing. Don’t get angry…
>
> Don’t turn into Bnet.
>
> Thanks all!

The only ? I have is, When is the TU!

I hope so too. Then all the good threads will fall underneath the rage and complaints.

Still though, there’s going to be a lot of crestfallen people because this TU will not cover as much as people want it to, but I hope I’m wrong on that note.

If your given a piece of cake, and not the whole thing, people will complain unfortunately. No matter how much you are given. The ragers will come, and they will probably turn this into a flame fest. :frowning:

> > I really don’t want this forum to explode on them.
> >
> > We all have very high expectations for the Title Update, but I’d like to take a moment for everyone to realize that in reality…They will not fix everything we want them to. We may get a few bones thrown at us, but unless 343 is REALLY different from Bungie, we will NOT get everything we want.
> >
> > Tempers will flare high if we don’t get an Armor Lock nerf, or if they don’t remove Bloom, or if they don’t make the Classic Update “classic enough”. Frankie said recently on the HBO forums: "You should always temper expectations to avoid disappointment and enable delight."
> >
> > Believe me…I understand the rage, frustration, and even hate that a lot of you feel towards Halo Reach. 343 has an opportunity to fix a lot of the problems Reach has…But please do not expect too much. The vibe I’m getting from these forums over the last few weeks has been “OMG YES! 343 WILL FIX EVERYTHING!”…While I enjoy that notion and hope for it to be true, the last thing I am expecting is that 343i will do everything we ask of them.
> >
> > There will be improvements, count on that. But please, guys. Don’t give up and rage at 343 just because they don’t see things your way. If you aren’t happy with the Title Update, continue to express your thoughts maturely, as most of us are currently doing. Don’t get angry…
> >
> > Don’t turn into Bnet.
> >
> > Thanks all!
>
> The only ? I have is, When is the TU!

The title update is set to release in August. More details will drop as we approach that date.

You have just stated exactly what I thought when the TU was announced.

Here’s hoping for some good stuff from it, not everything but even a little will satisfy me

Ω

Im pretty sure most of the TU will just be them adding more options so it can be played more like ce. And then people will be swarming crying over things like bloom.

I will not be mad at 343 :slight_smile:
I mean,I am happy that they actually announced a title update! i was thinking
-A Title update för reach will never happen -_-
But now :smiley:
And august? i thaugt it was in november :o

To be honest, I don’t expect anything from the TU. Not that I’m not happy and grateful that there’ll actually be one, but I don’t want to get my hopes up in case that the things I’d like to see fixed/changed are left untouched. So I’ll just wait until the TU arrives and (hopefully) will be pleasantly surprised.

What happens for the people that love the game just the way it is? Do we get what “we all” want, too?

I don’t mind any changes. I’ll just learn to cope with the gameplay that comes along with it, which is what should have been done by everyone in the first place.

But seriously, it’s impossible to make everyone happy. It just can’t be done.

> I will not be mad at 343 :slight_smile:
> I mean,I am happy that they actually announced a title update! i was thinking
> -A Title update för reach will never happen -_-
> But now :smiley:
> And august? i thaugt it was in november :o

August is when they’ll be revealing the details, I think. I doubt we’ll see the update until CEA comes out.

“If you build it, they will come…”

If 343 don’t fix everything, there’s always the next title update. This doesn’t have to be the first and last one that will get everything just right for everyone, and I personally don’t expect it to be either.

> Don’t turn into Bnet.

Dont ever compare a community like this to that scum

There’s no way this TU can make Reach any worse. Even if it did, I’ve already given up on Reach’s MP, so I’m perfectly fine with playing Firefight. If they happen to mess that up, well… I don’t know what to do.

Yeah I really hope that everyone can stay a civil as possible about this TU

And if they don’t… we’ll just have to take care of it. [>:)] “Activates red energy sword”

> Yeah I really hope that everyone can stay a civil as possible about this TU

Seriously, yesterday I was watching a forum about the top 5 things we want to be fixed in the TU, and not EVEN A SINGLE TROLL! I was like “Woah, if this was in B.net, the first comment and the rest would have been trolls…”. I hope people don’t go rage mode if many things aren’t fixed in the TU, 'cause let’s face it, this community here is far more superior than the reach forums filled with trolls…

<343

I’m pretty sure that there will be at least a few complaints and expressions of disappointment after the TU, but I can’t imagine that turning into a troll fest and not staying civil.

knocks on wood