If 343 adds firefight, it needs to be like this

I don’t know if firefight/warzone PVE will be added, but if it is, I have an idea of how it could work. Firefight could utilize existing warzone maps and at the beginning of the game, have the fireteam spawn in the middle base(spire, garage, fortress). Fireteams can consist of 1 to 8 players and the number of enemies per wave is dependent on the number of players in the fireteam. The base will also have a handful of AI marines to make the battle feel like its on a larger scale.

Each wave will have phantoms/spirits/promethean teleports drop enemies off all around the base. These enemies will proceed to attempt to raid the base and the players must defend the base and kill all the attackers. In addition to the base assault, each wave will have one or more warzone style bosses that spawn at various locations throughout the map. These bosses will be guarded by their own squad of AI enemies as well much like in warzone. Players must hunt down and kill these bosses for the wave to end (this will promote movement throughout the map to avoid having players camp in one area the whole game)

A round will have 5 waves with the fifth wave being extra challenging (more enemies, harder bosses, etc). On round 1 players can call in level 1 reqs, on round 2 players can call in level 2 reqs and so on. Players will have a req energy cooldown like in warzone so they can’t spam reqs and actually have to use them smartly. Each round will obviously get progressively harder (more enemies, upgraded versions of enemies, more enemy vehicles, tougher bosses, etc). Each player is given a set number of lives per round. If a fireteam uses up all their lives in that round then game over. Req points and XP are rewarded based on what level your fireteam was able to reach before dying.

Since the req levels only go up to 9, round 10 is where the endgame begins. Each player only gets one life per round and the enemies will be extremely challenging. However, players will be able to call in reqs more frequently with a decreased cooldown time for req energy. These rounds will get even harder and the final round will be round 20 but the difficulty of the endgame rounds will make it nearly impossible for anyone to make it there. Surviving an endgame round will provide a large boost to req points and XP and beating round 20 will give you an awesome armor that cannot be earned through the req system.

Anyway, that’s just what I came up with in my head while my professor was going on about triple integrals (math is gross). If you like my system or have any suggestions on how to make it better let me know.

Halo Reach - Backwards Compatibility, Firefight Arcade works for me…

> 2533274874353940;2:
> Halo Reach - Backwards Compatibility, Firefight Arcade works for me…

I felt like odst firefight was more enjoyable than reach firefight even though reach had more customization for it.

That seems like a very solid idea

I agree that Firefight should use the warzone maps, it would be an easy way for 343 to implement the gametype and also give us more maps when we get DLC for warzone, I want to see them include
-Flood, brutes, drones, skirmishers…seriously throw every enemy we have ever fought in halo at us…it would make the mode soooo diverse and fun to play
-Added incentives / objectives throughout the map to encourage movement and exploration like AA guns that can shoot down a phantom making the next wave easier, things like that
-Bosses for every type of enemy (and some from the lore!) would be great to see a giant flood boss, Tartarus, the Arbiter possibly, and i’ve said it in other threads too all I really want to see in halo is a gigantic grunt stomping on spartan 4’s like they were ants
-somewhere between 8-12 player fireteam for the gamemode, with the rest of the resources dedicated to enemies, imagine a firefight team splitting up so they could hold all armories and stockpile REQ points only for one of them to get overrun, and make the decision to try and send support to keep the armory or abandon it so you don’t risk losing lives
-REQs in firefight…yes please…

man this mode has so much potential in Halo 5

> 2533274874353940;2:
> Firefight Arcade

Gross. Let’s not make that a regular thing again.

> 2684064956505966;5:
> I agree that Firefight should use the warzone maps, it would be an easy way for 343 to implement the gametype and also give us more maps when we get DLC for warzone, I want to see them include
> -Flood, brutes, drones, skirmishers…seriously throw every enemy we have ever fought in halo at us…it would make the mode soooo diverse and fun to play
> -Added incentives / objectives throughout the map to encourage movement and exploration like AA guns that can shoot down a phantom making the next wave easier, things like that
> -Bosses for every type of enemy (and some from the lore!) would be great to see a giant flood boss, Tartarus, the Arbiter possibly, and i’ve said it in other threads too all I really want to see in halo is a gigantic grunt stomping on spartan 4’s like they were ants
> -somewhere between 8-12 player fireteam for the gamemode, with the rest of the resources dedicated to enemies, imagine a firefight team splitting up so they could hold all armories and stockpile REQ points only for one of them to get overrun, and make the decision to try and send support to keep the armory or abandon it so you don’t risk losing lives
> -REQs in firefight…yes please…
>
> man this mode has so much potential in Halo 5

Yea I really like the idea of adding secondary objectives because there needs to be reasons to explore and fight around the entire map. Plus they could be randomized to add more variety.

> 2533274953123640;6:
> > 2533274874353940;2:
> > Firefight Arcade
>
>
> Gross. Let’s not make that a regular thing again.

What I was trying to say is it’s not needed in H5 and can be supplanted by backwards compatibility of previous games with the features players want back. No further development cycles required!

Personally, I’d like it to be like this:

• At the start of the game, 8-12 players vote for a “base” to defend. - Uses the same structure as previous versions, with the Waves/Rounds/Sets. Boss Waves, etc. - The REQ system would work pretty similarly to base Warzone, with the addition of being able to buy Fortifications for the Base such as Turrets, Barriers, Decoys and Marines.