Identifying The LARGEST Complaint with Halo 5

I want to identify the complaint that is most common for the future Halo 5 community. I have a feeling it will be a lot of smart scope and and clamber, but think hard. Please leave a comment in the following format

Complaint: Clamber and distance of boost
Explanation: With the incredible boost distance, and clamber, you can now jump from the spawn point on midship straight to the sword platform. Also boost is too far and fast as with the little aim assist it could be extremely hard to keep up with that player while he will have steady aim on you the entire time.
Thank you for your comments

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.</mark>

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Complaint: people on here are complaining about Halo 5

Explanation: They are not even waiting for the game to come out before rashing out on it. It sickens me when people does this and I must not be the only one. I don’t care if you complain when the beta is out. but if you complain before it is released then you don’t deserve to do it afterwards. If people would just look at it with an open mind like a lot of people have started to think already then it would be a lot better. and on top of it, a lot of people are mocking us and making fun of us because of post and things like this.

Compliant: MichaelBucs has the same emblems as me
Explaination: I used to be unique :’(

> 2533274877132092;1:
> I want to identify the complaint that is most common for the future Halo 5 community. I have a feeling it will be a lot of smart scope and and clamber, but think hard. Please leave a comment in the following format
>
> Complaint: Clamber and distance of boost
> Explanation: With the incredible boost distance, and clamber, you can now jump from the spawn point on midship straight to the sword platform. Also boost is too far and fast as with the little aim assist it could be extremely hard to keep up with that player while he will have steady aim on you the entire time.
> Thank you for your comments

Being able to thrust and clamber to sword-plat is really helpful because I hate meeting up at the two side rooms with the other team and instantly dying.

i think its ok because itll be a option for both sides. if say only blue side could do that then sure

> 2533274806462140;5:
> i think its ok because itll be a option for both sides. if say only blue side could do that then sure

Call me old fashioned but it isn’t the way the map played originally which will always be at the back of my head

The following four items will receive the largest complaints, in the approximate order in which they will be hated (in my opinion). Which is too bad . . . because none of then really affect gameplay in a significant fashion.

• SmartScope . . . although it is another largely irrelevant change . . . unless it really does decrease bloom on automatics. Otherwise, it’s a new way of animating the old zoom that blocks a portion of the screen I’d rather not have blocked. A bit irritating, but relatively small impact.- Hover . . . but it will be irrelevant for the most part. It works only while scoped, and with descoping back, it will serve to get in maybe an additional shot. It won’t change gameplay any more than the hang time change from CE to H2 altered play. Much ado about nothing.- Clamber . . . but it will be irrelevant for the most part. It will behave in-game like an increase in jump height. Whether it renders crouch jumping irrelevant is itself an irrelevant question, as most of us reflexively crouch jump anyway. Not a lot of skill in that.- Ground pound / charge . . . but they are just a different mechanism for returning to the uber-lunge from H2 while retaining the power of the melee. Situationally useful . . . but outside the range where most battles will occur…
    The most significant impact to gameplay is universal thruster . . . which I suspect will be largely positively received.

I pretty much agree entirely with the post above. Personally, I think Halo 5 looks extremely promising and hopefully this extremely early beta will help them iron out any potential balance issues that remain.

> 2533274971476153;7:
> - SmartScope . . . although it is another largely irrelevant change . . . unless it really does decrease bloom on automatics. Otherwise, it’s a new way of animating the old zoom that blocks a portion of the screen I’d rather not have blocked. A bit irritating, but relatively small impact.

This is the one that confuses me. I’ve seen more than one person claim that SmartScope, for instance, makes the SMG more accurate. My point of confusion is that 343 has outright stated that SmartScope does NOT impact accuracy in any way, only field of view, essentially like the scoped weapons in previous games (plus the aesthetic changes). Is there any confirmation of that tangible impact or are people just making assumptions and complaining before they have their hands on the beta and actually know?

Clamber no doubt

> 2533274890584596;8:
> I pretty much agree entirely with the post above. Personally, I think Halo 5 looks extremely promising and hopefully this extremely early beta will help them iron out any potential balance issues that remain.
>
>
>
> > 2533274971476153;7:
> > - SmartScope . . . although it is another largely irrelevant change . . . unless it really does decrease bloom on automatics. Otherwise, it’s a new way of animating the old zoom that blocks a portion of the screen I’d rather not have blocked. A bit irritating, but relatively small impact.
>
>
> This is the one that confuses me. I’ve seen more than one person claim that SmartScope, for instance, makes the SMG more accurate. My point of confusion is that 343 has outright stated that SmartScope does NOT impact accuracy in any way, only field of view, essentially like the scoped weapons in previous games (plus the aesthetic changes). Is there any confirmation of that tangible impact or are people just making assumptions and complaining before they have their hands on the beta and actually know?

Smart Scope DOES make the SMG more accurate. In fact, it gives it 0% bloom. If you watch gameplay, the SMG hipfire has an incredibly enormous amount of bloom, while in Smart Scope, there is no bloom. The reticle doesn’t even increase in size.

Complaint:they need to nerf ground pound to take like half your shields

> 2533274993830977;11:
> Complaint:they need to nerf ground pound to take like half your shields

Punches take half off. And you cannot possibly know what the damage tables from a non direct hit yet

> 2533274808984325;10:
> > 2533274890584596;8:
> > I pretty much agree entirely with the post above. Personally, I think Halo 5 looks extremely promising and hopefully this extremely early beta will help them iron out any potential balance issues that remain.
> >
> >
> >
> > > 2533274971476153;7:
> > > - SmartScope . . . although it is another largely irrelevant change . . . unless it really does decrease bloom on automatics. Otherwise, it’s a new way of animating the old zoom that blocks a portion of the screen I’d rather not have blocked. A bit irritating, but relatively small impact.
> >
> >
> >
> > This is the one that confuses me. I’ve seen more than one person claim that SmartScope, for instance, makes the SMG more accurate. My point of confusion is that 343 has outright stated that SmartScope does NOT impact accuracy in any way, only field of view, essentially like the scoped weapons in previous games (plus the aesthetic changes). Is there any confirmation of that tangible impact or are people just making assumptions and complaining before they have their hands on the beta and actually know?
>
>
> Smart Scope DOES make the SMG more accurate. In fact, it gives it 0% bloom. If you watch gameplay, the SMG hipfire has an incredibly enormous amount of bloom, while in Smart Scope, there is no bloom. The reticle doesn’t even increase in size.

Yeah, someone found the statement from the dev that it actually does increase the accuracy.

That will be feedback item #1 from me. I don’t like that at all.