Ideas for New Halo Gametype

So I’ve been thinking about a very different style gametype that i think would be cool for the new Halo. It would play differently than typical Halo battles. It would be more focused on teamwork and squad-play. These would be on Large scale maps.

It would be Covenant vs Humans. There would be different classes randomly assigned. (You can vote for which you want but you may not get it.)

Classes – There are four different classes that are all very similar but have loadouts that would work better for a specific function. But they’re not so varied that you’d have major advantages or handicaps. Humans would have three Spartan classes and Covenant would have three Elite classes, and both sides would have a commander class.

Squad class – The basic class. Designed to work in groups. They are equipped with basic weapons that would be perfect to battle in groups. They have no specific advantages or disadvantages.
They can save up solo points to spawn as with different stronger loadout sets as well as spawn as an ODST and have the ability to drop in at any location.

Vehicle class - Designed for vehicle use. Has several advantages with durability of vehicle use and such. They also have added damage towards vehicles. They aren’t equipped with the best weapons for battling outside of their vehicles though.
Vehicle classes can save up individual points to build vehicles at their base.

Lone Wolf class – Designed for battling alone. They have longer range weapons, added range of sight on radar, quicker health regeneration etc. They have the disadvantage of spawning farther from their team, and they do not show up on their team’s radar or have any indicators on teammates’ huds.
Lone Wolfs can save up individual points to spawn with Snipers, or abilities such as Active Camo.

Commander class – The most special class. They have the ability to call in groups of AI to help. When their team gets enough points they can call in squads of AI to storm a specific area of the map. They do not have individual points that they can spend. Instead they use points from the team as a whole.

Teams will work together to gain points for these specific functions. They will gain points in a number of ways (Group specific missions, and individual specific things like double kills, headshots, etc…)

For humans they can call in Marines (basic squad of weak human AI. Will spawn from base), ODST (can drop in at any location on map. More durable than marines), a Sniper squad (three sniper Marines), and lastly Hornets (Vehicles that will give support from the air around a specific location)

For covenant they can call in a group of covenant (grunts and Jackals. Weak AI. Spawn from base), a swarm of Drones (flying bugs to swarm an area), a pair of Hunters (Very strong and durable), and lastly Banshees (Vehicles that will give support from the air around a specific location)

Victory
To win you must capture the enemy’s base or destroy it. It will have a lot of health. It will drop in health in two ways: by killing enemy troops and by bringing bombs over to be planted inside. (Kind of like Assault. Your base always has bombs that you can pick up and take with you. But you will not be able to fire a weapon while holding one. It will take 5 bombs to destroy a base.) To capture, it will take at least 3 people to capture a base. It will take less and less time to capture a base the less health it has.

That is all.

Sounds like a giant mix of Assault, Firefight, KOTH, Invasion, Dominion, and a whole lot of predefined loadout/perk settings. Intriguing!

But definitely not for 360’s hardware. Maybe a cool experiment for the X1, but again you’re likely looking at some significant netcode and processing horsepower to pull it off. Probably just not possible even for the next gen platform.

Kill confirmed-esque game type

Killing enemies doesn’t give you points, instead you have to run up to their dead body and crouch up and down and afterwards you will be awarded a point. You would only have a 15-30 second window of time after the kill to gain points. The bodies would have a ‘glowing’ effect or something to notify you that they still have a point in them, after the time is up though the glow fades and the point is lost.

50 points to win.

> Kill confirmed-esque game type
>
> Killing enemies doesn’t give you points, instead you have to run up to their dead body and <mark>crouch up and down and afterwards you will be awarded a point.</mark> You would only have a 15-30 second window of time after the kill to gain points. The bodies would have a ‘glowing’ effect or something to notify you that they still have a point in them, after the time is up though the glow fades and the point is lost.
>
> 50 points to win.

Gametype: -Yoink!- fest.

> > Kill confirmed-esque game type
> >
> > Killing enemies doesn’t give you points, instead you have to run up to their dead body and <mark>crouch up and down and afterwards you will be awarded a point.</mark> You would only have a 15-30 second window of time after the kill to gain points. The bodies would have a ‘glowing’ effect or something to notify you that they still have a point in them, after the time is up though the glow fades and the point is lost.
> >
> > 50 points to win.
>
> Gametype: -Yoink!- fest.

Yeah, in a nutshell. I’m being serious though, I think it would be a great idea. I much prefer Kill Confirmed to TDM in CoD so I thought Halo could definitely benefit with a game mode similar. Teabagging has been an integral part of Halo (Hell, they even had the Mantis teabagging in that one video) so I thought it would be a funny way to incorporate it into an already existing game type whilst giving it a “Halo” spin.

You’ve obviously put quite a bit of thought into this, and I think it sounds quite interesting actually.
I certainly hope that the Xbox One can handle things like this.

What about a gametype similiar to gmod’s Trouble in Terrorist Town, (if you don’t know what that is, you have the internet at your fingertips[I suggest starting with Seannaners on youtube.]) I do know about “clue” the custom gametype, but its just not the same.

> Kill confirmed-esque game type
>
> Killing enemies doesn’t give you points, instead you have to run up to their dead body and crouch up and down and afterwards you will be awarded a point. You would only have a 15-30 second window of time after the kill to gain points. The bodies would have a ‘glowing’ effect or something to notify you that they still have a point in them, after the time is up though the glow fades and the point is lost.
>
> 50 points to win.

I prefer head hunter. It’s more difficult.

> What about a gametype similiar to gmod’s Trouble in Terrorist Town, (if you don’t know what that is, you have the internet at your fingertips[I suggest starting with Seannaners on youtube.]) I do know about “clue” the custom gametype, but its just not the same.

If halo had trouble in terrorist town I would poop dodge challengers.

> > Kill confirmed-esque game type
> >
> > Killing enemies doesn’t give you points, instead you have to run up to their dead body and crouch up and down and afterwards you will be awarded a point. You would only have a 15-30 second window of time after the kill to gain points. The bodies would have a ‘glowing’ effect or something to notify you that they still have a point in them, after the time is up though the glow fades and the point is lost.
> >
> > 50 points to win.
>
> I prefer head hunter. It’s more difficult.

You know, even though they’re somewhat similar in design, I never really liked Headhunter. I think this idea would be a lot more fun (cover me while I -Yoink!- this guy!) but to each their own.