ideas for moving forward without AA'S

I feel like halo reach tried to improve the franchise by giving more variety to the battlefield but when they did this they not only sucked some fun out but made it more noob friendly. The gap between skilled players and noobs should be increased. i believe the more effort a player puts into a game the better he should be. Theres a few things i think could identify the difference between a noob and a pro. Heres some of my ideas.

1. DODGE ABILITY. i don’t mean an actual ability but give the player better ways to dodge incoming attacks (whether that means keep evade or increase movement speed doesn’t matter to me)

2. LOWER HEALTH AND MAKE MAPS MORE COVER ORIENTED. The way i see it noobs running down the middle of the map will get picked off while the players sticking to cover will have a big advantage.

3. IMPROVE DUCKING. ducking should be used for more than just hiding in the radar and jumping higher. if you actually used duck to hide under cover it would, once again, give key advantages to people playing with more tactical styles of gameplay. You cant duck in a 1 on 1 dmr battle or you lose, however if they changed it so it was actually a means of escaping bullets for quarter of a second or so. There would be more options than just strafing and jumping

.4.SHIELD FLARE. Give every player the ability to take more damage for a fraction of a second. This is not armor lock by any means. make it so when activated it doesn’t make you invincible, only flares up for a small period of time (like 1 second or even half a second), and don’t switch to third person. You could time this to absorb grenade damage, counter a rocket, save you from a snipe, or bounce off a vehicle instead of splatter. For this to work it’d have to be able to be activated exactly when you needed it but would show who has master this part of the game.

once again these are just my opinions if you don’t agree with them thats fine but i think the key to showing who has more skill is to give players many choices in a fight and whoever utilizes them the best comes out on top.

I agree with everything i hate AA’s and NO SPRINT ISN’T A AA! its just running any military combat fighter can run! specially if they are spartans. I don’t agree with shield flare tho, seems like a different kind of armor lock basically, block a rocket? no…

sorry i didn’t mean block a body shot rocket but maybe a poorly aimed one. the shield flare i wouldn’t mind if it was left out just a last minute idea i thought i’d share

> I feel like halo reach tried to improve the franchise by giving more variety to the battlefield but when they did this they not only sucked some fun out but made it more noob friendly. The gap between skilled players and noobs should be increased. i believe the more effort a player puts into a game the better he should be. Theres a few things i think could identify the difference between a noob and a pro. Heres some of my ideas.
>
> 1. DODGE ABILITY. i don’t mean an actual ability but give the player better ways to dodge incoming attacks (whether that means keep evade or increase movement speed doesn’t matter to me)
>
> 2. LOWER HEALTH AND MAKE MAPS MORE COVER ORIENTED. The way i see it noobs running down the middle of the map will get picked off while the players sticking to cover will have a big advantage.
>
> 3. IMPROVE DUCKING. ducking should be used for more than just hiding in the radar and jumping higher. if you actually used duck to hide under cover it would, once again, give key advantages to people playing with more tactical styles of gameplay. You cant duck in a 1 on 1 dmr battle or you lose, however if they changed it so it was actually a means of escaping bullets for quarter of a second or so. There would be more options than just strafing and jumping
>
> .4.SHIELD FLARE. Give every player the ability to take more damage for a fraction of a second. This is not armor lock by any means. make it so when activated it doesn’t make you invincible, only flares up for a small period of time (like 1 second or even half a second), and don’t switch to third person. You could time this to absorb grenade damage, counter a rocket, save you from a snipe, or bounce off a vehicle instead of splatter. For this to work it’d have to be able to be activated exactly when you needed it but would show who has master this part of the game.
>
>
> once again these are just my opinions if you don’t agree with them thats fine but i think the key to showing who has more skill is to give players many choices in a fight and whoever utilizes them the best comes out on top.

1. I’m all for keeping evade. It seems to compliment Halo very well.

2. I disagree with cover based maps. I’ve always loved Halo because a truely skilled player against maderatly skilled players will never have to hide. Halo (for me) has always been about raw skill, not pocking in and out of cover to pick of an opponent.

3. It wouldn’t be hard to implement maps that utilize crouching more. Who know, it could be awesome. Unfortunatly, ducking shouldn’t be an effective way to dodge bullets. The reason it currently doesn’t work is because of aim-assist- games without aim-assist kind of suck.

4. Please no. I have rockets, solid aim with a sniper, or a ghost at ramming speed- you should die. Otherwise we have the same problem we currently have with the sword, power weapons will become nearly useless.

> I feel like halo reach tried to improve the franchise by giving more variety to the battlefield but when they did this they not only sucked some fun out but made it more noob friendly. The gap between skilled players and noobs should be increased. i believe the more effort a player puts into a game the better he should be. Theres a few things i think could identify the difference between a noob and a pro. Heres some of my ideas.
>
> 1. DODGE ABILITY. i don’t mean an actual ability but give the player better ways to dodge incoming attacks (whether that means keep evade or increase movement speed doesn’t matter to me)
>
> 2. LOWER HEALTH AND MAKE MAPS MORE COVER ORIENTED. The way i see it noobs running down the middle of the map will get picked off while the players sticking to cover will have a big advantage.
>
> 3. IMPROVE DUCKING. ducking should be used for more than just hiding in the radar and jumping higher. if you actually used duck to hide under cover it would, once again, give key advantages to people playing with more tactical styles of gameplay. You cant duck in a 1 on 1 dmr battle or you lose, however if they changed it so it was actually a means of escaping bullets for quarter of a second or so. There would be more options than just strafing and jumping
>
> .4.SHIELD FLARE. Give every player the ability to take more damage for a fraction of a second. This is not armor lock by any means. make it so when activated it doesn’t make you invincible, only flares up for a small period of time (like 1 second or even half a second), and don’t switch to third person. You could time this to absorb grenade damage, counter a rocket, save you from a snipe, or bounce off a vehicle instead of splatter. For this to work it’d have to be able to be activated exactly when you needed it but would show who has master this part of the game.
>
>
> once again these are just my opinions if you don’t agree with them thats fine but i think the key to showing who has more skill is to give players many choices in a fight and whoever utilizes them the best comes out on top.

thank you for voicing everything that iv’e been thinking. But that would be taking halo to a more tactical shooter but there has to be some kind of balance, or mabye a whole seprate game series? I really like the shield flare idea, amor lock is quite annoying but shield flare is a great idea :slight_smile: