Ideas for Halo Wars 2

So I had some free time and I decided to come up with some leaders that I’d like to see brought to Halo Wars 2. I came up with 2 unique units for each leader, as I think that each leader should have at least that to make the play experience more different for each. I also went back to some of the already existing leaders and added unique units that I would like to see for them. I only did this for the UNSC for now, but I’m planning on doing it for characters from The Covenant, Prometheans, etc. that I think would make cool leaders. Also, I didn’t come up with leader powers or the tech level required for each unit or anything as these are just basic ideas. I had some fun doing this, so i hope that anyone who reads it enjoys it as much as I enjoyed writing them down.

Proposed Leader 1: Master Chief
Unique Unit 1: Anti-Infantry Spartan Exoskeleton-Would replace Hellbringers in the barracks
Unique Unit 2: Anti-Vehicle Spartan Exoskeleton-Would replace cyclops in the barracks
Hero: Master Chief-Weapon would be an Assault Rifle and would have increased damage and health compared to other Spartan heroes.
I saw some concept art for Halo Wars 2 involving spartans in what looked like exoskeleton suits, and I thought that it would be just awesome to bring these into the game, that’s where i got the exoskeleton idea from.

Proposed Leader 2: Cortana
Unique Unit 1: Guardian-Would replace the Condor Gunship as Cortana’s Super Unit
Unique Unit 2: CQC Marines-Would either serve as a first tier upgrade for marines or would replace marines from the start. Would be more affective at close range.
Hero: Wasn’t sure what Hero to give Cortana. What do you guys think? Should it be Master Chief again?

Proposed Leader 3: Captain Lasky
Unique Unit 1: Pelican Gunship-Think pelican in Halo 4. Would replace the Vulture in the Airpad.
Unique Unit 2: Mammoth-Would replace the Condor Gunship as Lasky’s Super Unit. (Can lock it down similar to the elephant, and produce infantry and ground vehicles)
Hero: Fireteam Crimson-4 Spartans with various weapons in one squad, similar to the ODST’s in the DLC.

Proposed Leader 4: Noble 6 (or Carter)
Unique Unit 1: Falcon-Would be able to garrison 3 infantry squads, and would have frontal and side turrets. Built in Airpad
Unique Unit 2: Mongoose-Would replace the Jackrabbit in the command center
Hero: Noble Team- Spawn in All 6 Members of Noble Team separately in order, 1-6. Each member has their signature weapon.

Proposed Leader 5: Edward Buck
Unique Unit 1: Scout Warthog-Would replace Jackrabbit in command center. Could be upgraded to add a passenger with grenade launcher, but no turret.
Unique Unit 2: Needler Warthog-As seen in WarZone. Would replace the basic warthog with a final upgrade in the vehicle depot.
Hero: Alpha-Nine ODST Squad: Buck’s squad from the ODST game, 5 ODST’s in one squad with various weapons. (Buck, Dutch, Romeo, Mitch and Rookie)

Proposed Leader 6: Sarah Palmer
Unique Unit 1: Spartan IV Fireteams-Would replace Marine squads in command center, but only start with two. Must be upgraded to add more spartan IV’s to squad.
Unique Unit 2: Wasp-Would replace Hornet in Airpad.
Hero: Spartan Palmer-Armed with dual-wielding pistols.
Power 1: We can still destroy the enemy core… Nah just kidding XD

I would also like to see Captain Jacob Keyes and Commander Miranda Keyes, but I couldn’t come up with unique units for them at this time.

Some additions I’d like to see to already existing leaders…

Captain Cutter:
Add an upgrade for Marines to turn them to ODST’s like in HW1.
Add the Elephant as a unique unit. Same use as HW1.

Professor Anders:
Add an upgrade for her hornets to turn into Hawks like HW1 as unique unit 1.
Add the Gremlin for purchase at command center, as unique unit 2.

Sergeant Forge:
Add Repair cyclops’ as his second unique unit. To be built in command center.

Isabel:
Add Cobra from HW1 as her first unique unit, replacing the Kodiak.
Add Gungoose as her second unique unit, replacing the Jackrabbit.

Kinsano:
Add Incendiary Sniper as second unique unit. Shoots sniper rounds that set enemies on fire. Serves as last upgrade for sniper.

And that is all I have for now. How do you like these ideas? Any changes you’d make with regards to the unique units? Would you like to see these leaders be added? I know I would! Anyway, if you made it this far, thanks for reading, and I hope that you enjoyed.

I see the time an passion you put on it. But honestly I would rather to see new faces and character than just using the all we already known. Just like Voridus and Pavium… Those are muuuuch better than any old character to come out with a leader. Just a personal opinion… I dont want to see Cortana, I would rather having some kind of Warden as a Leader, with a name like Ultimaten or Takem… dunno…

> 2553380145882876;2:
> I see the time an passion you put on it. But honestly I would rather to see new faces and character than just using the all we already known. Just like Voridus and Pavium… Those are muuuuch better than any old character to come out with a leader. Just a personal opinion… I dont want to see Cortana, I would rather having some kind of Warden as a Leader, with a name like Ultimaten or Takem… dunno…

Thanks, as I said, I had some fun with it, but I know that it’s probably a pipe dream to get them all in there. Personally, out of all the leaders I came up with here, I’d probably enjoy Lasky the most because of the Mammoth. That would be amazing imo.

I get what you’re saying though. New faces would be cool and all, but I just think that getting to play as an already established character in a different way from first person would just be awesome. I agree, Voridus and Pavium were definitely cool additions.

Guys, guy…we need more Sangheili leaders. We have four Brutes, two AI, five humans, one Grunt, one Hunter, and only two Elites.

And 0 Flood, mind you…

But we need another Elite.