Ideas For Forge Canvas Maps?

In case you do not know what a canvas is, it is the map you use to make a map out of the stuff you have. Canvases include Erosion, Impact, Ravine, Forge Island, etc. Do you have any ideas for a canvas map? If so please include:

Canvas Name:
Theme(Ex. - Plains, Desert, Mountainous, Snowy, etc.):
Unique Objects:
Vehicles:
Terrain(Ex. - Gulch, Ascension rock, Mountain, Hills, etc.):

I would really like to know what you would want for a canvas map. Here is my idea.

Canvas Name: Plateau
Theme: Desert
Unique Objects: Rock coliseum walls, sandstorm FX, Flood gravemind, Pillar of Autumn aesthetics
Vehicles: Mammoth, Hornet, Phantom, Seraph
Terrain: Gulch, Ascension rock, large plateau, ravine, large cave, and open space on a mountainside similar to that of Sanctuary

Canvas map ideas are open to you!

I really loved Sand Box in Halo 3, 3 flat surfaces but each had a different feel and the invisible floor on the sky bit was handy

I’d love a snow map. Its getting hard to make a Christmas special forge map with no snowy environments :stuck_out_tongue:

Name: (Insert catchy name here)
Theme: Space
Unique Objects:
-Programmable Turrets
-UNSC Space Station pieces
-Asteroids
-Space Ships (as pieces)

Vehicles:
-Hornet
-Pelican
-Phantom
-Longsword
-Shortsword
-Broadsword
-Sabre
-Seraph
-Space banshee
-Normal Banshee
-Mongoose
-Warthog
-Scorpion
-Wraith
-Ghost

Terrain: Empty, vast space

a literal Space canvas
Huge

you can Spawn in turrets, like Point-Defense guns, and change certain properties to change how the turret behaves

you can spawn Whole ships (UNSC frigates, Covie Corvettes) and sue them as forge pieces

and you ca build your own space stations

:3

I’d love to see this:

GFX Canvas.

Within it you set up on map whatever canvas you want, within limit of course, say space theme, under-water-theme with actual water flooding you to. Land theme, etc. these themes are canvas’s, so your spartan underwater would just be like halo reach’s, where you could forge & feel like you’re in, on, under whatever the canvas is.
Meteor shower: each meteor that is falling is a forgeable object. or traveling maps.

GFX Element:

It adds environmental hazards to your map,

blizzard
tornado
lightning storm
extreme lightning hazard, so much lighting you’d literally die.

With both settings, you can set them up so it has traits has a player trait zone, both canvas & GFX Element.

your idea is good to op, but this opens halo up to more possibilities in one map as it gives a solid canvas with pieces to forge on within them & you in the GFX ball you can disable them to have a background only thing.

Canvas Name: Oceania
Theme: water/sky
Unique Objects: Above in longevity post
Vehicles: Flying Mongoose
Terrain: A big freakin ocean able to forge underwater & above it & in the clouds for flood maps with water vapor, like a mist.

Canvas Name: Plasma
Theme: A Unique textural planet made up of plasma that is like land, but is energy.
Unique Objects: RGB color palette
Vehicles: lying Mongoose
Terrain: Rocky Rainbow colored mountain rocks with bluish red desert to forge on.

These are the kinds of threads I want to find on the forums. Enough complaining already.

Here’s my contribution.

Canvas Name: Prophesy

Theme: Covenant

Unique Objects: Almost the entire pallet. Ever since the creation of forge, the only Covenant themed objects have basically been scenery, and that has all but been removed in Halo 4 (except grav-lifts). Everything from the building blocks to the walls/windows are all retextured for the covenant. The color is defaulted covenant purple, but changing the team color changes the color of the piece.

Buildings and many of the decoration pieces would be new or redesigned to look covenant.

There will also be a handy selection of LARGE pieces to help create a more dynamic large scale map. Think Silo 3 from impact but with more variety/complexity.

Multiple nature modifying pieces, (cliffs, arches, natural bridges, trees)

**Vehicles:**All vehicles from every halo (even brute because, well, they are covenant too)

Terrain: The canvas has 3 main sections:
1.) Hangar - One side of the map is a docked supercarier with its hangar open. The purpose of this area is to give a flat, large workspace.

2.) a large spacious field. On one side, there is mostly crass/rock, but the other is covenant themed and meant for outdoor covie maps

3.) past the field is a cliff that opens up into a large air expanse for hovering maps or air maps. The cliff drops, but there are no kill barriers. (actually, there are no kill barriers ANYWHERE… I hate them with a passion…)

All this is probably a bit much, but seriously… WHY DON’T WE HAVE ANY COVENANT MAPS IN HALO 4?

ahem… enjoy.

Canvas Name: Highway
Theme(Ex. - Plains, Desert, Mountainous, Snowy, etc.): Desert
Unique Objects: Wrecked vehicles (aesthetic - similar to the hanging Warthog body on Exile); rusted aesthetic vehicles (unable to drive or pilot); rust-red
Vehicles: Desert-Camouflaged UNSC vehicles; Heretic-designed Covenant vehicles
Terrain(Ex. - Gulch, Ascension rock, Mountain, Hills, etc.): Desert plains with rocky formations - similar to Blood Gulch terrain. Mostly flat with small hills and bumps typical to flat land, and a lonely 2-lane highway going down the middle of the map.

Canvas Name: Highlands
Theme(Ex. - Plains, Desert, Mountainous, Snowy, etc.): Snowy, Mountainous
Unique Objects: Icy caves, snowy hills, snow mounds, icicles, Flood aesthetics - virus tubes, lab tables, scientific machinery
Vehicles: Arctic-Camouflaged UNSC vehicles, White/Gray/Black Covenant Vehicles
Terrain(Ex. - Gulch, Ascension rock, Mountain, Hills, etc.): Canyon (not quite mountains, but not Gulch either). A glacial valley, once home to a hidden facility used to study the effects of the Flood virus, was overrun by the Flood during failed field tests. Half of the map would be pristine snow-capped mountains with traces of Forerunner architecture, while the other half would be run-down buildings (similar to science labs) and open areas of Flood-like design (gross mounds, pockets of Flood viral areas, etc).

Short of an actual map editor, I’d love to have Sandbox and Foundry back from Halo 3, complete with all of their objects plus all new ones. Some changes that would be nice for a Sandbox remake include the removal of the barrier between the skybox and the ground and the deactivation of the Guardian towers. For Foundry, it would be door objects replacing the warehouse doors to have them opened to a newly created flat waterfront industrial exterior.

> Short of an actual map editor, I’d love to have Sandbox and Foundry back from Halo 3, complete with all of their objects plus all new ones. Some changes that would be nice for a Sandbox remake include the removal of the barrier between the skybox and the ground and the deactivation of the Guardian towers. For Foundry, it would be door objects replacing the warehouse doors to have them opened to a newly created flat waterfront industrial exterior.

Actually, both those sound like and AMAZING idea.

What would be nice, though, is if they pulled developers from the TimeSplitters and Farcry teams to help with the next Forge. Imagine Cognative AI, trigger/switch mechanics, and terrain editing with a higher emphasis on natural objects.

Map: Snowstorm (or whatever)
Theme: Snow and ice
Terrain: a very snowy Island in the middle of a half frozen lake, at its center is a giant volcano which burns bright red against the white-blue surroundings. In the mountain is an icy cave which leads to a lava infested belly of the volcano. Streams of cold water allow for remakes of Beaver’s Creek as well as many classics in a new snowy theme. There’s plenty flat space aswel on the icy lake.
New Objects: the Snowstorm effect- makes seeing far away hard, makes snow constantly fall down. New pallet- ice. Along with the standard pallet, players can play around with pure ice blocks, walls and shapes which are crystal clear and beautiful. The map also allows a variety of “snowed in” standard pallet objects such as rocks, trees and buildings.
Vehicles: new vehicles would be great if possible. They could at least port the pelican so we can screw around with it.

> Map: Snowstorm (or whatever)
> Theme: Snow and ice
> Terrain: a very snowy Island in the middle of a half frozen lake, at its center is a giant volcano which burns bright red against the white-blue surroundings. In the mountain is an icy cave which leads to a lava infested belly of the volcano. Streams of cold water allow for remakes of Beaver’s Creek as well as many classics in a new snowy theme. There’s plenty flat space aswel on the icy lake.
> New Objects: the Snowstorm effect- makes seeing far away hard, makes snow constantly fall down. New pallet- ice. Along with the standard pallet, players can play around with pure ice blocks, walls and shapes which are crystal clear and beautiful. The map also allows a variety of “snowed in” standard pallet objects such as rocks, trees and buildings.
> Vehicles: new vehicles would be great if possible. They could at least port the pelican so we can screw around with it.

I always felt a snowy Forge map would be pretty cool. I still have more feelings towards a desert-themed map :slight_smile:

I want a remake of Sandbox. All of it, the outside ring (only not blocked off this time), the skybox, the main level, the crypt,and the sandstone themed parts.

Unfortunately all of these sound awesome except to 343i so I would not expect anything special. I never ever get what I ever want, so when others get what they want, I just go shrug it off & say, “Maybe someday”. Of course my want would implement my awesome idea’s along with the communities awesome idea’s in one.

> I always felt a snowy Forge map would be pretty cool. I still have more feelings towards a desert-themed map :slight_smile:

We’ve never had a snowy Forge map and we’ve had plenty desert ones. Though a remake of Sandbox with the option to Forge all around the dunes would be perfect. But I think I’d still go with snow if I’d have to choose.