Ideas for a Spartan Ops Update

Ok, so I was thinking about how we no longer have Firefight. Personally, I’m much more pleased with Spartan Ops, but there are a couple things that I miss, customization with skulls, and Gruntpocalypse. Then I thought about how awesome it would be if they updated skulls into Spartan Ops.

You could have your basic skulls that we already have for campaign:
(I removed Iron, and replaced it with something else further down the list)
Famine, Tilt, Mythic, Catch, Black Eye, Tough Luck, Thunderstorm, Cloud, Cowbell, IWHBYD, Grunt Birthday Party, Blind

Then we could take some of the skulls that were unique to Halo Anniversary:
Bandanna, Malfunction, Recession, Eye Patch, Pinata, Grunt Funeral

Can’t forget Halo 2 skulls! (even though i initially did >.<)
Angry, Assassins, Ghost, Sputnik, Whuppopotamus

And then finally, we can add some that are new:
Gruntpocalypse - Turn all enemies into Grunts.
Shrink Ray - Turn all enemies tiny. (like the glitch that already does this)
Nine Lives - You only have 9 lives.

I think this could increase the longevity of Spartan Ops, and help cater more to those players who enjoyed playing Firefight. What do you guys think? Have any more ideas for new skulls? I might add them to the list later if I like them enough!

I actually would like more options in Firefight, I think adding Skulls and Lives would make it interesting. I mean you could do it in campaign.

> Then we could take some of the skulls that were unique to Halo Anniversary:
>
> Bandanna
> Malfunction
> Recession
> Eye Patch
> Pinata
> Grunt Funeral

I’d rather see skulls from Halo 2.

CEA skulls would absolutely kill the experience.

so skulls.

yeah that would be awesome.

campaign scoring too.

neat Idea but it would definitely break the game. I hope in halo 5 the have both

This is one of the few ideas I’ve seen on the forum I agree with. It would be really cool actually.

> > Then we could take some of the skulls that were unique to Halo Anniversary:
> >
> > Bandanna
> > Malfunction
> > Recession
> > Eye Patch
> > Pinata
> > Grunt Funeral
>
> I’d rather see skulls from Halo 2.
>
> CEA skulls would absolutely kill the experience.

I completely forgot about Halo 2’s skulls, I’ll add those to the list as well.

Also, how would CEA’s skulls kill the experience if they are an option? You don’t have to use them, you can pick and chose which ones you want active like in campaign.

> neat Idea but it would definitely break the game.

Care to explain how it would break the game? Skulls are already in campaign, and they don’t break the game. This would simply allow people to further customize their gameplay experience. And again, it is only an optional type deal, you don’t have to use them if you don’t want to.

> > > Then we could take some of the skulls that were unique to Halo Anniversary:
> > >
> > > Bandanna
> > > Malfunction
> > > Recession
> > > Eye Patch
> > > Pinata
> > > Grunt Funeral
> >
> > I’d rather see skulls from Halo 2.
> >
> > CEA skulls would absolutely kill the experience.
>
> I completely forgot about Halo 2’s skulls, I’ll add those to the list as well.
>
> Also, how would CEA’s skulls kill the experience if they are an option? You don’t have to use them, you can pick and chose which ones you want active like in campaign.

Oh I thought you meant like in ODST Firefight.

In that case, sure. But then everyone would be playing with the easier skulls. XP payment would have to be adjusted.

But I guess that’s where scoring comes in.

Give it customization like FireFight.