[IDEA] UNSC Trojan - Mech Armor Suit

Again I drop by to offer an idea for a vehicle and be on my way.

Something I’ve noticed is the evolutionary chain of Halo vehicles. For the UNSC the evolution goes from Mongoose/Gungoose, Warthog, Scorpion, and then a VTOL aircraft. The Covenant go from Ghost, Wraith, then Banshee. There’s usually a vehicle class between Ghost and Wraith but they change between games. However there’s one vehicle for humanity that has no middle evolution. The Mantis. The walking assault robot, while it could blend into my listed evolution of UNSC vehicles, stands on its own due to it’s bi-pedal design and multiple methods of attack. In a way it could be seen more as an evolution to a player/soldier, possessing two weapons and a melee attack. With this in mind there’s no middle ground between a Spartan and the Mantis. I think including one new mech-based vehicle could fill this gap hence why I propose a unit of my own imagination - The Trojan.

I will spare extensive details but I will summarize for context. (In-universe) The Trojan is seen as the rival/successor to the original Cyclops (seen in Halo Wars). It was commonly used as a suit for underground excavation with individual pilots before being modified to serve as military mech suits. The design takes cues from the experimental armor suit seen in The Prototype but with a concealed cabin for pilot protection at the cost of resemblance to designs of Mjolnir armor. (Gameplay) The Trojan is equipped with a burst chain gun with explosive shells (ONI grade) and a grenade mortar. The chain gun operates as normal with the only difference is the burst of dispelled ammunition similar to weapons such as the Battle Rifle. The grenade mortar launches a single grenade that disperses upon hitting its target generating several smaller explosives. There is also a claw arm used for melee attacks. The suit also possesses built in thrusters designed to provide a burst of speed similar to Covenant boost functions. The duration of the boost is short but if well timed the Trojan can destroy light vehicles in head-on collisions. The suit possessed energy shielding similar to Spartans and the Mantis but with health/armor in between the two. Against armored tanks the Trojan can only take two consistent shots of Scorpion or Wraith projectiles before facing destruction.

> 2533275031327034;1:
> Something I’ve noticed is the evolutionary chain of Halo vehicles. For the UNSC the evolution goes from Mongoose/Gungoose, Warthog, Scorpion, and then a VTOL aircraft.

“Congratulations, your Scorpion evolved into a VTOL aircraft!”

Your idea for a mech suit is neat but you know what would be really neat? A Promethean mech suit! In any case, I think we could use more Promethean vehicles.

Multiple man’d mech would be awesome!

> 2533274847563380;3:
> Multiple man’d mech would be awesome!

Form feet and legs!
Form arms and body!
And I’ll form the head!

Wait, no, wrong franchise.

> 2535437652903765;4:
> > 2533274847563380;3:
> > Multiple man’d mech would be awesome!
>
>
> Form feet and legs!
> Form arms and body!
> And I’ll form the head!
>
> Wait, no, wrong franchise.

For some reason this made me think of Transformers haha

> 2535418851574306;5:
> > 2535437652903765;4:
> > > 2533274847563380;3:
> > > Multiple man’d mech would be awesome!
> >
> >
> > Form feet and legs!
> > Form arms and body!
> > And I’ll form the head!
> >
> > Wait, no, wrong franchise.
>
>
> For some reason this made me think of Transformers haha

I was going more for Voltron, but that works too.

We just need a flying Ground Vehicle

This is an awesome idea.

Don’t you think we have enough mechs already in halo now? Maybe if you pitched this 5 years ago but now it’s kind of late. So late that the grunts have mechs.

So something along the lines of the prototype mech? Heck yeah.

> 2533274904158628;2:
> > 2533275031327034;1:
> > Something I’ve noticed is the evolutionary chain of Halo vehicles. For the UNSC the evolution goes from Mongoose/Gungoose, Warthog, Scorpion, and then a VTOL aircraft.
>
>
> “Congratulations, your Scorpion evolved into a VTOL aircraft!”
>
> Your idea for a mech suit is neat but you know what would be really neat? A Promethean mech suit! In any case, I think we could use more Promethean vehicles.

Not to ruin your fun, as a Promethean Mech suit sounds interesting, but the Trojan is in some way the UNSC’s answer to armored enemies like Hunters and Knights. I did propose some ideas similar to the Trojan some time ago so perhaps those will be to your liking. I included a Covy mech but I think Halo Wars 2 Reaver works better. https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/f9237adeaf1742c09de144d7bf3f7507/topics/ideas-for-promethean-vehicles/40805967-2dbb-431b-99cf-b619f6a4f24b/posts

> 2535426003987045;9:
> Don’t you think we have enough mechs already in halo now? Maybe if you pitched this 5 years ago but now it’s kind of late. So late that the grunts have mechs.

I see your point. There are Covenant walkers including the Locust, Scarab, and Harvesters but they either appear as bosses or in RTS games. Not as piloted vehicles. I would like to see new tanks and other vehicles besides mechs but those are a bit trickier to come up with without being overpowered or replacing an existing vehicle. The only new vehicles I can see working for gameplay purposes are the Megabloks Siege Bike or the Kestrel. The Siege Bike could work as a counterpart to the Brute Chopper in maneuverability while the Kestrel could work as a closer counterpart to the Covenant Ghost.

> 2533274973681092;10:
> So something along the lines of the prototype mech? Heck yeah.

Pretty much. :slight_smile:

This would be a monster of a mech. Though my Laser Mantis won’t go down without a fight.

Questions…

1. Could the Trojan hijack other vehicles?
  2. can it jump?
  3. can it sprint?
  4. can it be EMP’d frozen?
  5. is there head protection? Or can the driver be killed without destroying the vehicle?
  6. will active camo make it invis?
  7. can it clamber?
  8. can it ground pound?
  9. can it be hijacked or assassinated?
  10. and most importantly… Can. It. -Yoink!-?

I think the name should be changed to some kind of animal to fit in with the rest of the UNSC vehicles in game.

How does Puma sound?

> 2535437652903765;14:
> I think the name should be changed to some kind of animal to fit in with the rest of the UNSC vehicles in game.
>
> How does Puma sound?

The unsc operates almost exclusively with bug or bird names. What about the Beetle?

> 2533274894783242;15:
> > 2535437652903765;14:
> > I think the name should be changed to some kind of animal to fit in with the rest of the UNSC vehicles in game.
> >
> > How does Puma sound?
>
>
> The unsc operates almost exclusively with bug or bird names. What about the Beetle?

I think Grasshopper feels more appropriate.

> 2535437652903765;16:
> > 2533274894783242;15:
> > > 2535437652903765;14:
> > > I think the name should be changed to some kind of animal to fit in with the rest of the UNSC vehicles in game.
> > >
> > > How does Puma sound?
> >
> >
> > The unsc operates almost exclusively with bug or bird names. What about the Beetle?
>
>
> I think Grasshopper feels more appropriate.

Agreed. And you can’t use Puma, it’s the honorary name of the Warthog.

> 2535464801356957;7:
> We just need a flying Ground Vehicle

Something like the anime MACROSS?? that would be cool.

I’m thinking it should be like titanfall. You’re piloting a mech and you’re very low on hp, Bam! You eject a hundred feet into the air and you have a wasp or something.
Transformers, roll out!

> 2533274894783242;13:
> Questions…
> 1) Could the Trojan hijack other vehicles?
> 2) can it jump?
> 3) can it sprint?
> 4) can it be EMP’d frozen?
> 5) is there head protection? Or can the driver be killed without destroying the vehicle?
> 6) will active camo make it invis?
> 7) can it clamber?
> 8) can it ground pound?
> 9) can it be hijacked or assassinated?
> 10) and most importantly… Can. It. -Yoink!-?

1. No. Trojan’s are too massive and cannot hijack other vehicles.
  2. Unlikely. Though perhaps the thrusters can be augmented to generate vertical thrust instead of horizontal. It was designed to scale cliffs before being repurposed.
  3. The built in boosters function as a sprint of sorts. It’s more applicable to Covenant vehicle boosters, examples such as the Wraith and Brute Chopper which are short bursts.
  4. Yes.
  5. The cabin is concealed. There is no possibility of exposing the pilot.
  6. No.
  7. See answer #2. The suit has a built-in claw that can attach to any surface. Instead of clambering it would hang from the cliff’s side.
  8. No. But it can melee.
  9. The Trojan can be boarded like other heavy vehicles but not hijacked. If on low health it can be assassinated. It can also perform assassinations against players and other Trojans.
  10. Yes.

If you want a showcase of ideas for assassinations check the link here: Section 8 Prejudice: All Fatality Kills - YouTube