Idea to write story: Bungie plot and Halo 4 depth

People are wondering how the writing team is gonna approach writing Infinite; will they make it more about the plot and big story, or the more character-focused emotion centric narrative of Halo 4. Now yes, the Bungie weren’t without some emotion and depth, especially in Halo 2 and ODST. Likewise, Halo 4 has some cool big plot moments, however for the most part it’s central focus is on the characters, specifically Chief and Cortana. I think for Infinite, a good option would be to try to bring the different approaches together. Have there be a big epic plot where there’s a lot of stuff going on, but at the same time, there is an emotional core with the characters, especially Chief. What’d you think?

Sounds good, but they’d need to retcon Halo 5
I hope they do

> 2535419407820013;2:
> Sounds good, but they’d need to retcon Halo 5
> I hope they do

They’re not gonna retcon Halo 5, as they’ve confirmed Infinite will be indeed set after Halo 5.

I’m honestly expecting a simple story like Halo CE. Large scale battles, but it terms of plot, CE didn’t really have much. 2 was where the plot really kicked off. Given this is a “spiritual reboot” looking to hook new players and bring back Bungie die-hards, I’m guessing they’re going to push most of the plot and character stuff off for whatever comes after Infinite. I hope I’m wrong, cause I don’t want to wait that long, but I think they’re gonna be playing it really safe. Can’t blame them for that after their risks in 4 and 5 didn’t work for a lot of people.

> 2535411561717249;4:
> I’m honestly expecting a simple story like Halo CE. Large scale battles, but it terms of plot, CE didn’t really have much. 2 was where the plot really kicked off. Given this is a “spiritual reboot” looking to hook new players and bring back Bungie die-hards, I’m guessing they’re going to push most of the plot and character stuff off for whatever comes after Infinite. I hope I’m wrong, cause I don’t want to wait that long, but I think they’re gonna be playing it really safe. Can’t blame them for that after their risks in 4 and 5 didn’t work for a lot of people.

Yeah, I’m suspecting they’re gonna play it pretty safe and not have a ton going on. As you said, there’s a good chance more stuff really kicks off with Halo 7.

I would hope for a strong story yet simpler plot, akin to Halo: CE. No switching between main characters like Halo 5. Chief is the sole protagonist but maybe pull back a bit on him being the center of attention like the previous two games. We need good characters in Halo again. What made the Bungie trilogy so great, in my opinion, is that while Chief was the hero, he was surrounded by a great supporting cast of characters that 343i hasn’t been able to replicate. Keyes (both of them), Johnson, Cortana, the handful of memorable Marines, Arby, the Prophets, hell, even the Gravemind, etc. No one really stuck out in 4 or 5 for me so I hope that since ‘The Reclaimer Trilogy’ is now just a series of games, they can create a great roster of characters to have moving forward. Honestly, I didn’t care about Fireteam Osirus, Lasky, Palmer, any new Spartans, and whoever else. Those characters meant nothing to me and the central plot (in my opinion).

Also, since it appears we may be going back to another Halo, I cannot wait to see how it looks. There’s so much they could do. Installation 04 is iconic and the little we got to explore of Installation 05 in Halo 2 made it looks different enough to distinguish between the two.