Idea to improve Dominion.

I started playing Dominion last night and I like it, but I noticed one change that needs to be made. The gametype is largely a vehicular gametype, but the fact that anyone can spawn with a plasma pistol kills your time in a vehicle and makes them much less of a threat than vehicles used to be. I got into a Wraith on Vortex and lasted about 30 seconds due to 3 guys on the other team spamming me with plasma pistols and boarding me.

My solution to that problem is to ban plasma pistols from loadouts in Dominion and make them spawn in bases after you capture the base. That will make it so vehicles can still be stopped, but it will actually take some teamwork like it used to. The way it is now everyone can be a one man wrecking crew if you spawn with plasma pistol and grenades and just spam a vehicle.

I don’t understand why 343 would let us use all of these vehicles on this gametype when they don’t even last more than 30 seconds? Isn’t the point of a vehicle to be a power weapon of sorts?

Base defense turrets could use a damage/rate of fire buff too. At the moment they’re little more than fancy decorations.

I haven’t played much Dominion yet, but do the base turrets target vehicles only, or player as well? I think they should only target vehicles.

The turrets do need a buff in damage and fire rate but vechile only is a bad idea. They already have an EMP blast built in.

Really? I rarely ever have an issue with plasma pistols. The thing that gets me is the fact that every player on the other team seems to have some kind of power weapon that I have no hope of defending against. I hate the ordnance system with a passion.

There is no need for a ban of the PP. I’ve had running riots. Capturing the bases allow fortification and resupplies. To counter this do not try and take a vehicle when the enemy is nearby. The PP is simply a counter to vehicles. I’ve had running riots and made the team rage quit because they lacked one simple thing, communication. If you’re in vehicle or if a teammate is one. Give him support. I’ve gotten several easy kills when enemies attack my teammates vehicles.

The mode is fine.

I do agree the turrets need a damage/health boost as I simply go attack them for easy points.

> Really? I rarely ever have an issue with plasma pistols. The thing that gets me is the fact that every player on the other team seems to have some kind of power weapon that I have no hope of defending against. I hate the ordnance system with a passion.

The personal ordinance system is not active in Dominion games, the power weapons might just be the ones that spawn during the base resupply intervals.

All those campers in dominion will be mad! You have someone camping and waiting for a resupply so he can get another power weapon and all he gets is a plasma pistol

> > Really? I rarely ever have an issue with plasma pistols. The thing that gets me is the fact that every player on the other team seems to have some kind of power weapon that I have no hope of defending against. I hate the ordnance system with a passion.
>
> The personal ordinance system is not active in Dominion games, the power weapons might just be the ones that spawn during the base resupply intervals.

I never said anything about personal ordnance. I said ordnance system(weapons given for base control) which pretty much litters the game-space with power weapons. You ever wonder why weapons despawn so fast? I can think of a few reasons…