Idea to Ease Frustration from Quitting

So we ALL get frustrated when team mates quit out. Especially when we are winning. This is a big problem in ranked considering that you end up being punished because you inevitably lose since you’re a man down.

My solution would be that if either 1 or 2 team mates quit or DC, then a loss doesn’t de rank you. This is obviously for the people still in the game and the quitter still gets punished. At the end, if the team that is a person down loses, then it doesn’t drop their rank. If they somehow manage to win then it still counts.

If equal number of players from both team quit or DC (leaving it a 3v3 or 2v2) then it still counts for the win, but doesn’t lose rank in a loss for either team. This was the only way I could make it fair since a team could be playing for 7 minutes up a man and lose him right at the end and it’s still technically a win/loss.

I know this won’t stop quitting but it would at least ease the frustration of losing because of people quitting or a DC. Maybe use this in conjunction with a req/xp bonus for sticking through a game while being a man down. I don’t know any more but they need to do something to help those of us that don’t quit.

I look forward to hearing what you guys think!

I bet almost eveyone agrees with this since there is a quitter in EVERY game no matter what. Halo 5 is badly plagued by quitters and AFKers

But its up to 343 to decide which i know they won’t agree to this or will release the update too late

<mark>Do not purposely bypass the profanity filter.</mark>

> 2533274823625840;1:
> So we ALL get frustrated when team mates quit out. Especially when we are winning. This is a big problem in ranked considering that you end up being punished because you inevitably lose since you’re a man down.
> My solution would be that if either 1 or 2 team mates quit or DC, then a loss doesn’t de rank you. This is obviously for the people still in the game and the quitter still gets punished. At the end, if the team that is a person down loses, then it doesn’t drop their rank. If they somehow manage to win then it still counts.
> If equal number of players from both team quit or DC (leaving it a 3v3 or 2v2) then it still counts for the win, but doesn’t lose rank in a loss for either team. This was the only way I could make it fair since a team could be playing for 7 minutes up a man and lose him right at the end and it’s still technically a win/loss.
> I know this won’t stop quitting but it would at least ease the frustration of losing because of people quitting or a DC. Maybe use this in conjunction with a req/xp bonus for sticking through a game while being a man down. I don’t know any more but they need to do something to help those of us that don’t quit.
> I look forward to hearing what you guys think!

I’ve got an idea… how about… YOU GIVE US A PHKN VOTING OPTION FOR MAPS! I quit and im not afraid to admit it. I’m sick of playing the same bloody maps over and over and over and over far out. On top of the constant lag? No thank you son. Quitter and proud.

> 2533274975021613;3:
> > 2533274823625840;1:
> > So we ALL get frustrated when team mates quit out. Especially when we are winning. This is a big problem in ranked considering that you end up being punished because you inevitably lose since you’re a man down.
> >
> > My solution would be that if either 1 or 2 team mates quit or DC, then a loss doesn’t de rank you. This is obviously for the people still in the game and the quitter still gets punished. At the end, if the team that is a person down loses, then it doesn’t drop their rank. If they somehow manage to win then it still counts.
> >
> > If equal number of players from both team quit or DC (leaving it a 3v3 or 2v2) then it still counts for the win, but doesn’t lose rank in a loss for either team. This was the only way I could make it fair since a team could be playing for 7 minutes up a man and lose him right at the end and it’s still technically a win/loss.
> >
> > I know this won’t stop quitting but it would at least ease the frustration of losing because of people quitting or a DC. Maybe use this in conjunction with a req/xp bonus for sticking through a game while being a man down. I don’t know any more but they need to do something to help those of us that don’t quit.
> >
> > I look forward to hearing what you guys think!
>
>
> I’ve got an idea… how about… YOU GIVE US A PHKN VOTING OPTION FOR MAPS! I quit and im not afraid to admit it. I’m sick of playing the same bloody maps over and over and over and over far out. On top of the constant lag? No thank you son. Quitter and proud.

Then why play the game if you are sick of playing the same maps over and over? But honesty is good and I do wish they brought the old lobbies back, give the choice of what we want to play again.

I just thought it would be a good idea to try to ease the frustration of those that get team mates that quit. That way we aren’t pulling our hair out because some moron that decided he didn’t want to play The Rig backs out and leaves us a man down.

If they allowed deranking people wouldn’t be quiting as much. The way it is now if you get ranked too high you’re basically f***** until next season.

  • Fix server selection for EU Players.
  • Make some -Yoinking!- playlists like Objective, Hardcore, Sniper, Team Doubles. If i Wanna play Team Arena i DONT wanna play Breakout. -.-
  • Voting System like H3
  • The points you brought up should be in the game from the begining. Its a simple and logical thing to not punish people down 2 players. Additionally to that, players who quit as second, third or fourth shouldn’t be punished at all. But you still trigger the banhammer if you quit even if you already down by 2 men. Thats how smart 343 is…
  • Give people a ping indicator. A lot of quitting comes from “he killed me just because of a better connection, -Yoink- that -Yoink-.”. If you clearly see all play under the same conditions, you take the beating much easier.
  • Social Gamelists without tracking stats
  • Forfeit Option
  • Get rid of bans, the are wothless. Let People only join games they recently quit out.
  • If you play as a party and someone lags out, let them rejoin. If i’m playing with my mate in a 4vs4 and he loses connection i quit as well because we wanna play together.

Doing that would eliminiate at least 80% of the quitters.

Going a little further would be looking at 15 years old PC Games. What i mean:

  • Give people Custom Game Browser.
  • Let them Host their games on nearby Dedicated Server.
  • Eliminate the visible Ranking System
  • Come up with some features like “mic only, no parties, ping not higher than 80, and so on”
  • Let people play WHAT the want, WHEN they want it. Ranking is a fine motivation but in the end its useless if you don’t offer some alternatives.
  • Let people play more matches. If 8 guys found a match and it went 50-30, let them change teams to get a more fair experience.

343 had 3,5 years to come up with ideas and all the got was a absolutely ludicrous ban system which decimates the already small playerbase even more. Bans of 3 days, mostly triggered because of their fault to fix essential things (lag etc.).

343 lacks some fundamental design skills. Beside the fact, that the comeplete head staff like Frankie, Kiki, Bonnie and Josh don’t belong in a studio developing AAA Games. Its a shame to see the most important xbox franchise beeing “developed” by some third class guys…

> 2533274792003229;7:
> - Fix server selection for EU Players.
> - Make some -Yoinking!- playlists like Objective, Hardcore, Sniper, Team Doubles. If i Wanna play Team Arena i DONT wanna play Breakout. -.-
> - Voting System like H3
> - The points you brought up should be in the game from the begining. Its a simple and logical thing to not punish people down 2 players. Additionally to that, players who quit as second, third or fourth shouldn’t be punished at all. But you still trigger the banhammer if you quit even if you already down by 2 men. Thats how smart 343 is…
> - Give people a ping indicator. A lot of quitting comes from “he killed me just because of a better connection, -Yoink- that -Yoink-.”. If you clearly see all play under the same conditions, you take the beating much easier.
> - Social Gamelists without tracking stats
> - Forfeit Option
> - Get rid of bans, the are wothless. Let People only join games they recently quit out.
> - If you play as a party and someone lags out, let them rejoin. If i’m playing with my mate in a 4vs4 and he loses connection i quit as well because we wanna play together.
>
> Doing that would eliminiate at least 80% of the quitters.
>
> Going a little further would be looking at 15 years old PC Games. What i mean:
>
> - Give people Custom Game Browser.
> - Let them Host their games on nearby Dedicated Server.
> - Eliminate the visible Ranking System
> - Come up with some features like “mic only, no parties, ping not higher than 80, and so on”
> - Let people play WHAT the want, WHEN they want it. Ranking is a fine motivation but in the end its useless if you don’t offer some alternatives.
> - Let people play more matches. If 8 guys found a match and it went 50-30, let them change teams to get a more fair experience.
>
> 343 had 3,5 years to come up with ideas and all the got was a absolutely ludicrous ban system which decimates the already small playerbase even more. Bans of 3 days, mostly triggered because of their fault to fix essential things (lag etc.).
>
> 343 lacks some fundamental design skills. Beside the fact, that the comeplete head staff like Frankie, Kiki, Bonnie and Josh don’t belong in a studio developing AAA Games. Its a shame to see the most important xbox franchise beeing “developed” by some third class guys…

You make some good points. The social playlists (which shouldn’t be given bans for) and forfeit options would GREATLY reduce the quitting I feel (although I may be wrong).

I agree that something needs to be done, but I’m not sure this is going to be a priority for 343. Quitting has always been a problem and they just havent been able to figure out anything that works. As much as I would like 343 to do something like the game doesnt count against your rank or your w/l, I think they have other priorities. I’m a huge fan of the ban hammer and I think they should really start swinging it. these little 5-10 mins bans dont do anything, ban them for 3, 6 hours, then if they do it again when they come back make it 3-6 days…really make sure that they understand that quitting is unacceptable and you need to finish the match.

They can play with the ban times right now, but asking them for new solutions is going to take development time and honestly I dont think they’d spend time on it. Throw the hammer down and make sure these little -Yoink- understand that if you quit, you will not be playing this game.

> 2533274823625840;5:
> I just thought it would be a good idea to try to ease the frustration of those that get team mates that quit. That way we aren’t pulling our hair out because some moron that decided he didn’t want to play The Rig backs out and leaves us a man down.

That I understand, it would make sense to implement that into the game.

Had a fire team the other night, and one of us was constantly booted. It was random on which one of us, but this was as the game was loading and pass the leave option. We always stayed in the fire team. So how about if one is removed from the game the whole fire team goes with them. There’s more issue than just people quiting. Before anyone says about the connection, it’s the server issues. These need to be sorted before any punishment is given out. Sort this out first so quitters are just that and not being affected by shoddy servers.

> 2533274863232329;11:
> Had a fire team the other night, and one of us was constantly booted. It was random on which one of us, but this was as the game was loading and pass the leave option. We always stayed in the fire team. So how about if one is removed from the game the whole fire team goes with them. There’s more issue than just people quiting. Before anyone says about the connection, it’s the server issues. These need to be sorted before any punishment is given out. Sort this out first so quitters are just that and not being affected by shoddy servers.

Yea that’s one option. The other would be that you can join mid game if invited or you select to join (not thrown into it half over by MM, but if you want to join your friends game).

Sigh, to all the kids adoring the banhammer: whats the point in this? You always claim they are ruining the game for others.
How do they do that? I’m with you that, people idling, teamkilling and dropping out of matches without even trying should be punished. But if i’m getting crushed due to whatever reasons in the first 3 minutes, getting no kills (mostly because of poor connections), how am i ruining the game for others if i quit? I’d rather have the guy going -8 out of my team than losing because of him.

Beside that: even if it ruins you game. Just quit yourself and start the searching all over again.
You know, people have lifes and by that i don’t mean people have to get to the door, walking the dog or something else. No, what i mean:
If i have 2 hours to play, i’m not gonna waste 10 minutes on matches i don’t have fun or having clearly no chance to win.

Beeing once again connected on a US Server which leads to huge disadvanteges? QUIT
Having players on my team who clearly are not on the same levels as everyone else, running in their deaths instead of playing passive to maybe only going -3? QUIT
Having teamkiller on my team? QUIT
Beeing down 20:5 because of whatever reasons (poor matchmaking, poor connections, whatever…)? QUIT

Video games are about to have fun. If i don’t have fun, i see no point in playing
You are always acting like all the quitters are going positive, are a big contribution to your game, you are winning the game and suddenly they quit and causing you a loss. Thats -Yoink-. People quit for a reason, they quit if the match can’t be won. So in most cases you are better off without them.

A better solution. Just add JIP in all game types. The player(s) who joined the JIP won’t have their rank affected if the team ends up losing but if they win they get credit for the win and rank up.

Quitting in ranked games should be punished, but I am more concerned with not hurting the people on the quitters team than with punishing the quitter.

This seems like a reasonable proposal, however I can see people taking advantage of the system. With this system, I forsee organized teams taking turns leaving games, so they won’t derank. Like you said, the quitters would still get punished, but it takes a while to be banned. We’d need a stricter ban-hammer, if this were implemented.

> 2533274823625840;1:
> So we ALL get frustrated when team mates quit out. Especially when we are winning. This is a big problem in ranked considering that you end up being punished because you inevitably lose since you’re a man down.
>
> My solution would be that if either 1 or 2 team mates quit or DC, then a loss doesn’t de rank you. This is obviously for the people still in the game and the quitter still gets punished. At the end, if the team that is a person down loses, then it doesn’t drop their rank. If they somehow manage to win then it still counts.
>
> If equal number of players from both team quit or DC (leaving it a 3v3 or 2v2) then it still counts for the win, but doesn’t lose rank in a loss for either team. This was the only way I could make it fair since a team could be playing for 7 minutes up a man and lose him right at the end and it’s still technically a win/loss.
>
> I know this won’t stop quitting but it would at least ease the frustration of losing because of people quitting or a DC. Maybe use this in conjunction with a req/xp bonus for sticking through a game while being a man down. I don’t know any more but they need to do something to help those of us that don’t quit.
>
> I look forward to hearing what you guys think!

This is a terrible idea, its skill rank not experience rank. If you lose you go down if you win you go up. Whats stopping players abusing your system and just having someone quit at the end if theyre gonna lose to stop them losing rank?

Surely its easier for you to find other people to play with rather than change the whole system to suit single players that play in team playlist?

> 2533274975021613;3:
> > 2533274823625840;1:
> > So we ALL get frustrated when team mates quit out. Especially when we are winning. This is a big problem in ranked considering that you end up being punished because you inevitably lose since you’re a man down.
> >
> > My solution would be that if either 1 or 2 team mates quit or DC, then a loss doesn’t de rank you. This is obviously for the people still in the game and the quitter still gets punished. At the end, if the team that is a person down loses, then it doesn’t drop their rank. If they somehow manage to win then it still counts.
> >
> > If equal number of players from both team quit or DC (leaving it a 3v3 or 2v2) then it still counts for the win, but doesn’t lose rank in a loss for either team. This was the only way I could make it fair since a team could be playing for 7 minutes up a man and lose him right at the end and it’s still technically a win/loss.
> >
> > I know this won’t stop quitting but it would at least ease the frustration of losing because of people quitting or a DC. Maybe use this in conjunction with a req/xp bonus for sticking through a game while being a man down. I don’t know any more but they need to do something to help those of us that don’t quit.
> >
> > I look forward to hearing what you guys think!
>
>
> I’ve got an idea… how about… YOU GIVE US A PHKN VOTING OPTION FOR MAPS! I quit and im not afraid to admit it. I’m sick of playing the same bloody maps over and over and over and over far out. On top of the constant lag? No thank you son. Quitter and proud.

Lag??? BWHAHAHA -Yoink-

The Dedicated servers run fantastically well. The netcode is solid. Your internet is likely garbage. The fact that you quit because you cannot vote on a map disgusts me. Go play COD or Destiny or some other garbage shooter. You don’t deserve to play Halo and I hope you get crushed by the Ban hammer the next time you quit SON.

Another US boy with no clue at all^^

> 2535430035566453;18:
> > 2533274975021613;3:
> > > 2533274823625840;1:
> > > So we ALL get frustrated when team mates quit out. Especially when we are winning. This is a big problem in ranked considering that you end up being punished because you inevitably lose since you’re a man down.
> > >
> > > My solution would be that if either 1 or 2 team mates quit or DC, then a loss doesn’t de rank you. This is obviously for the people still in the game and the quitter still gets punished. At the end, if the team that is a person down loses, then it doesn’t drop their rank. If they somehow manage to win then it still counts.
> > >
> > > If equal number of players from both team quit or DC (leaving it a 3v3 or 2v2) then it still counts for the win, but doesn’t lose rank in a loss for either team. This was the only way I could make it fair since a team could be playing for 7 minutes up a man and lose him right at the end and it’s still technically a win/loss.
> > >
> > > I know this won’t stop quitting but it would at least ease the frustration of losing because of people quitting or a DC. Maybe use this in conjunction with a req/xp bonus for sticking through a game while being a man down. I don’t know any more but they need to do something to help those of us that don’t quit.
> > >
> > > I look forward to hearing what you guys think!
> >
> >
> > I’ve got an idea… how about… YOU GIVE US A PHKN VOTING OPTION FOR MAPS! I quit and im not afraid to admit it. I’m sick of playing the same bloody maps over and over and over and over far out. On top of the constant lag? No thank you son. Quitter and proud.
>
>
> Lag??? BWHAHAHA -Yoink-
>
> The Dedicated servers run fantastically well. The netcode is solid. Your internet is likely garbage. The fact that you quit because you cannot vote on a map disgusts me. Go play COD or Destiny or some other garbage shooter. You don’t deserve to play Halo and I hope you get crushed by the Ban hammer the next time you quit SON.

American?

Halo 5 is borderline unplayable for anyone outside of the US.
We’re all forced to play on servers in the US. The latency issues are horrendus. Check the 94 page long thread on it (y)