Idea to buff Honor Guard

As it stands, the Honor Guard is likely tied with Arbiter for least effective hero. So with this in mind, I think I may have a solution.

Seeing as the Honor Guard is all about stealth with attacking sneakily and unseen, what if we changed his upgrade so so instead of a personal cloak he has an area cloak, much like the Shrouds do. At tier 1 it could have a small radius and still be his Y ability, I’m thinking a radius about as large as Jerome’s tier 1 inspire aura. Then at Tier 3 this radius would be largely increased, only slightly smaller than Jerome’s aura, and it would be permanent as the current upgrade already makes his personal cloak.

The power cost of this upgrade could be in teased to compensate. Also right now most shipmasters get to tier 2 and stay there just to spam locusts/hunters. This could convince some players to push for a fast tier 3, diversifying Shipmaster’s playstyle.

What do you guys think? Would having permanently cloaked armies at tier 3 break Shipmaster? With the prevalence of detect units I think not.

I like that idea, but, I think he might still suffer because cloak isn’t great in this game.

Also, his grunts can already cloak with an upgrade, so it wouldn’t change T1 very much. Unless you planned on keeping ghosts or jump brutes close to him.

I think all the honor guard needs is improved AI and unit tracking. having to stop to attack fleeing foes really harms it’s viability, and it’s pathfinding is laughable. Should those issues be fixed, it would be a very solid hero unit.

> 2533274807562680;1:
> As it stands, the Honor Guard is likely tied with Arbiter for least effective hero. So with this in mind, I think I may have a solution.
>
> Seeing as the Honor Guard is all about stealth with attacking sneakily and unseen, what if we changed his upgrade so so instead of a personal cloak he has an area cloak, much like the Shrouds do. At tier 1 it could have a small radius and still be his Y ability, I’m thinking a radius about as large as Jerome’s tier 1 inspire aura. Then at Tier 3 this radius would be largely increased, only slightly smaller than Jerome’s aura, and it would be permanent as the current upgrade already makes his personal cloak.
>
> The power cost of this upgrade could be in teased to compensate. Also right now most shipmasters get to tier 2 and stay there just to spam locusts/hunters. This could convince some players to push for a fast tier 3, diversifying Shipmaster’s playstyle.
>
> What do you guys think? Would having permanently cloaked armies at tier 3 break Shipmaster? With the prevalence of detect units I think not.

I prefer he keeps his personal cloak and intsead the range to for detection to unloak him is signifsnctly smaller

alos I think the arbiter should deal more reflect damage

I think the honor guard and arbiter should be able to lunge with their swords to close the gap with oncoming or fleeing foes… to beat the honor guard now, literally all you have to do is micro.