Idea To buff Decimus Drop

When compared with Omega Team or the Retriever Sentinel, the Decimus drop is hardly worth bringing in. Part of this reason is because his Y ability is so finicky and seems to do whatever it wants. It’s also just a tier 1 cleansing beam that you can’t control. My idea is to buff his Y ability to make it more frightening, much in the way that everyone is terrified of the Anvil round, only this ability will be available late game as opposed to tier 1.

Decimus is the only banished leader that is able to upgrade his glassing beam 3 times. My idea is for each upgrade to the beam, Decimus’ Y ability also gets that color and radius increase as well. I don’t know what the cooldown is on his Y, but having a deadly level 3 red beam be available every minute-ish would make him pretty scary, and make him a worthwhile leader point to choose as well as a priority target in someone’s army. Let’s make Decimus more useful! Because right now I always just choose Boundless Siphon and Fury. This would get me to mix up my LP selection.

> 2533274807562680;1:
> When compared with Omega Team or the Retriever Sentinel, the Decimus drop is hardly worth bringing in. Part of this reason is because his Y ability is so finicky and seems to do whatever it wants. It’s also just a tier 1 cleansing beam that you can’t control. My idea is to buff his Y ability to make it more frightening, much in the way that everyone is terrified of the Anvil round, only this ability will be available late game as opposed to tier 1.
>
> Decimus is the only banished leader that is able to upgrade his glassing beam 3 times. My idea is for each upgrade to the beam, Decimus’ Y ability also gets that color and radius increase as well. I don’t know what the cooldown is on his Y, but having a deadly level 3 red beam be available every minute-ish would make him pretty scary, and make him a worthwhile leader point to choose as well as a priority target in someone’s army. Let’s make Decimus more useful! Because right now I always just choose Boundless Siphon and Fury. This would get me to mix up my LP selection.

I concur he should be stronger as I think he is more of a luxury if you have the LP to spend and resources on top of what you already want/need.

> 2533274807562680;1:
> When compared with Omega Team or the Retriever Sentinel, the Decimus drop is hardly worth bringing in. Part of this reason is because his Y ability is so finicky and seems to do whatever it wants. It’s also just a tier 1 cleansing beam that you can’t control. My idea is to buff his Y ability to make it more frightening, much in the way that everyone is terrified of the Anvil round, only this ability will be available late game as opposed to tier 1.
>
> Decimus is the only banished leader that is able to upgrade his glassing beam 3 times. My idea is for each upgrade to the beam, Decimus’ Y ability also gets that color and radius increase as well. I don’t know what the cooldown is on his Y, but having a deadly level 3 red beam be available every minute-ish would make him pretty scary, and make him a worthwhile leader point to choose as well as a priority target in someone’s army. Let’s make Decimus more useful! Because right now I always just choose Boundless Siphon and Fury. This would get me to mix up my LP selection.

Giving Decimus a fully upgraded glassing beam would be an absolute nightmare. It has a low cooldown so being able to drop two, fully-upgraded glassing beams on an army/base would be way too much. An army trapped in between the two would have nowhere to run, while also having warlord pull them in. It’s just too much. I cold live with having it become a 2nd-tier glassing beam at most, but any more than that and I feel that it would be overpowering.

Shipmaster gets Glassing Beam 3 as well

Decimas is fine. Maybe a buff to his health but that’s it. His Y ability has a quick cool down and calling in two glassing beams is a pretty powerful ability.

You cannot control the aim of the beam though. They have horrible tracking and when I use them they always seem to stray far from your target. Another Caveat is to pick level 3 beam and the drop is you’d miss out on both Boundless passives until very late game. Actually I think you could only get tier 2 beam and then the drop. You’d then have to choose whether to spend your next point on level 3 beam or the passives. Again this powerful utility will only be available past the 15 minute mark, probably won’t have level 3 beam until the 20 minute mark. And skipping siphon is a big deal, especially for the mech as it doesn’t have innate siphon like the Warlord.

Do you guys honestly choose Decimus drop over Boundless fury like ever? What’s the reason behind that? I say it’s because he’s not worth the Leader point or the cost

> 2533274805296986;3:
> > 2533274807562680;1:
> > When compared with Omega Team or the Retriever Sentinel, the Decimus drop is hardly worth bringing in. Part of this reason is because his Y ability is so finicky and seems to do whatever it wants. It’s also just a tier 1 cleansing beam that you can’t control. My idea is to buff his Y ability to make it more frightening, much in the way that everyone is terrified of the Anvil round, only this ability will be available late game as opposed to tier 1.
> >
> > Decimus is the only banished leader that is able to upgrade his glassing beam 3 times. My idea is for each upgrade to the beam, Decimus’ Y ability also gets that color and radius increase as well. I don’t know what the cooldown is on his Y, but having a deadly level 3 red beam be available every minute-ish would make him pretty scary, and make him a worthwhile leader point to choose as well as a priority target in someone’s army. Let’s make Decimus more useful! Because right now I always just choose Boundless Siphon and Fury. This would get me to mix up my LP selection.
>
> Giving Decimus a fully upgraded glassing beam would be an absolute nightmare. It has a low cooldown so being able to drop two, fully-upgraded glassing beams on an army/base would be way too much. An army trapped in between the two would have nowhere to run, while also having warlord pull them in. It’s just too much. I cold live with having it become a 2nd-tier glassing beam at most, but any more than that and I feel that it would be overpowering.

It would be very strong, but shouldn’t Decimus basically be a super unit? I mean, he takes a T5 leader point and 1k of each recourse to drop in. For that amount of investment, he doesn’t even come close to performing. He needs some pretty considerable buffing to be viable, and this might be a good way to do it…

Give him a 300% damage buff

> 2533274924073601;7:
> > 2533274805296986;3:
> > > 2533274807562680;1:
> > > When compared with Omega Team or the Retriever Sentinel, the Decimus drop is hardly worth bringing in. Part of this reason is because his Y ability is so finicky and seems to do whatever it wants. It’s also just a tier 1 cleansing beam that you can’t control. My idea is to buff his Y ability to make it more frightening, much in the way that everyone is terrified of the Anvil round, only this ability will be available late game as opposed to tier 1.
> > >
> > > Decimus is the only banished leader that is able to upgrade his glassing beam 3 times. My idea is for each upgrade to the beam, Decimus’ Y ability also gets that color and radius increase as well. I don’t know what the cooldown is on his Y, but having a deadly level 3 red beam be available every minute-ish would make him pretty scary, and make him a worthwhile leader point to choose as well as a priority target in someone’s army. Let’s make Decimus more useful! Because right now I always just choose Boundless Siphon and Fury. This would get me to mix up my LP selection.
> >
> > Giving Decimus a fully upgraded glassing beam would be an absolute nightmare. It has a low cooldown so being able to drop two, fully-upgraded glassing beams on an army/base would be way too much. An army trapped in between the two would have nowhere to run, while also having warlord pull them in. It’s just too much. I cold live with having it become a 2nd-tier glassing beam at most, but any more than that and I feel that it would be overpowering.
>
> It would be very strong, but shouldn’t Decimus basically be a super unit? I mean, he takes a T5 leader point and 1k of each recourse to drop in. For that amount of investment, he doesn’t even come close to performing. He needs some pretty considerable buffing to be viable, and this might be a good way to do it…

In my opinion, you’re paying that extra amount to be able to have two heroes at once. I his cost is half of a super unit and I think he performs appropriately. Giving Decimus a second tier glassing from the get go without having to upgrade your leader power would be okay, but two fully upgraded glassing beams at once would just wipe whole armies clean. It would be better than a super unit. If you added a third tier glassing beam you would need to increase his cooldown to at least that of the glassing beam for it to be remotely fair.

> 2533274924073601;7:
> > 2533274805296986;3:
> > > 2533274807562680;1:
> > > When compared with Omega Team or the Retriever Sentinel, the Decimus drop is hardly worth bringing in. Part of this reason is because his Y ability is so finicky and seems to do whatever it wants. It’s also just a tier 1 cleansing beam that you can’t control. My idea is to buff his Y ability to make it more frightening, much in the way that everyone is terrified of the Anvil round, only this ability will be available late game as opposed to tier 1.
> > >
> > > Decimus is the only banished leader that is able to upgrade his glassing beam 3 times. My idea is for each upgrade to the beam, Decimus’ Y ability also gets that color and radius increase as well. I don’t know what the cooldown is on his Y, but having a deadly level 3 red beam be available every minute-ish would make him pretty scary, and make him a worthwhile leader point to choose as well as a priority target in someone’s army. Let’s make Decimus more useful! Because right now I always just choose Boundless Siphon and Fury. This would get me to mix up my LP selection.
> >
> > Giving Decimus a fully upgraded glassing beam would be an absolute nightmare. It has a low cooldown so being able to drop two, fully-upgraded glassing beams on an army/base would be way too much. An army trapped in between the two would have nowhere to run, while also having warlord pull them in. It’s just too much. I cold live with having it become a 2nd-tier glassing beam at most, but any more than that and I feel that it would be overpowering.
>
> It would be very strong, but shouldn’t Decimus basically be a super unit? I mean, he takes a T5 leader point and 1k of each recourse to drop in. For that amount of investment, he doesn’t even come close to performing. He needs some pretty considerable buffing to be viable, and this might be a good way to do it…

I think he needs a health buff in a big way. He dies pretty quick imo.

> 2533274857695300;8:
> Give him a 300% damage buff

Here here!

> 2695457991280734;11:
> > 2533274857695300;8:
> > Give him a 300% damage buff
>
> Here here!

Oh god not again!

How about a slight health boost and being able to stun with his hammer? I may be wrong by before the big Decimus buff, didn’t His ultimate unit stun when he swung his hammer? I’ll have to double check on some old vids but that would be an ideal solution for me.

How about you give him his jetpack from the campaign?

It might be good idea to make him more like the decimus drop from Campaign.

I only ever use Decmius drop when I’ve already gotten the passives. On top of that, whenever I use him he seems inconsequential compared to a fully upgraded Warlord.

> 2533274844670962;15:
> It might be good idea to make him more like the decimus drop from Campaign.

So… Give Decimus an Eradication ability?

…I think not.

> 2533274844670962;15:
> It might be good idea to make him more like the decimus drop from Campaign.

If you mean a short shield, then sure.

If you mean eradication???

I don’t agree with eradication that seems to be unique to the campaign and to the story and should still be, but the short shield is OK.

I think for being half the cost of an ultimate unit, being Atriox’s right hand man, brute, whatever, and being a final leader power he should be significantly better than a hero, maybe a 125% damage buff and a 150% health buff.