IDEA-Ranking System for all.

Halo is filled with all sorts of players, good, bad, serious, care-free…
I see myself as a usually care-free player, as I usually play Customs.
But I do also enjoy playing SWAT and 4v4 TS.
Now, though most prefer the H3 ranking system, there are those who like Reach’s.
Usually, the skilled players prefer the 1-50.
While your average 12 year old prefers Credits.
Now, why should skilled playes get what they want and not the rest?
““CAUSE THEY SUCK!””
No. If they enjoy playing Halo as much as us, they deserve to get what they want also.
Now, onto the solution.

Halo 3 had a Ranked Playlist, and Social Playlist, both seperated by ranking system, gametypes, and some maps.
This worked very well.
"“BUT WHERE DO CREDITS COME IN?”
This is. Combine the two.
Keep the Halo 3 Ranked Playlist 1-50 system seperated from
the Social Credit system.
So that experienced players can show off their experience and skill like in H3.
And the inexperienced players can still rank-up and unlock armor, but slower.

““WAIT! HOW WOULD WE GET THE SAME ARMOR WITHOUT CREDITS?””
Well, in Reach, you would get so many CR per game and eventually be able to buy armor.
But in Halo 3, you unlocked armor through certain ranks and achievements.
I’m not entirely sure about this…
I think the best way to do this is that you can only unlock certain types of armor through achievements, 1-50 rank, etc.
And you can only buy certain types of armor with CR, but you can wear the armor in either Multiplayer division.
I don’t know if that last part is so good, you guys tell me what you think.

Also, players can only play as Elites in Social, since Elites came with many glitches in Halo 3, such as sticking their heads through walls and other things.

Sounds like a good idea. Perhaps they should show a players Win/Loss on their Service Record aswell so as a simple gauge to a player who prefers social.

Also perhaps have armour unlocked through achievements and credits only, having to be a certain skill level seems slightly unfair.

Does your system have it where a player has to reach a certain skill level before he ranks up? I personally would want to keep the 1-50 separate from the actual tank of a player (eg. I could be an Inheritor, but have a highest skill of 38).

> Sounds like a good idea. Perhaps they should show a players Win/Loss on their Service Record aswell so as a simple gauge to a player who prefers social.
>
> Also perhaps have armour unlocked through achievements and credits only, having to be a certain skill level seems slightly unfair.
>
> Does your system have it where a player has to reach a certain skill level before he ranks up? I personally would want to keep the 1-50 separate from the actual tank of a player (eg. I could be an Inheritor, but have a highest skill of 38).

Yes, I agree with the Win/Loss idea.

In Halo 3, you unlocked ODST and Mark V through rank, that’s what I meant.

No. The 1-50 rank and Social rank are completely seperate, so you could be Inheritor with skill level of 2… lol.

Read and Comment, for ranking system…

I agree. It annoyed me how 12 year olds could be inheritor because they played too much and would only be a 20 on halo 3.
The ranking needs to be seperate. It could be like halo 3 in that you got ur skill level up to rank up but then you need xp to go further. Halo 4 might work like that but you unlock armour through campaign, trueskill ranking and credit ranking.

> Halo is filled with all sorts of players, good, bad,
> While your average 12 year old prefers Credits.
> Now, why should skilled playes get what they want and not the rest?
> ““CAUSE THEY SUCK!””
> No. If they enjoy playing Halo as much as us, they deserve to get what they want also.

because there is only 2 console FPS that take skill anymore. That would be Halo and Section 8. The skilled players should get what they want because skilled based games are rare. They all keep crumbling to this casual audience. Look at GoW3, the game takes no skill anymore because they listened to the 12 year olds when they were making GoW2 and GoW 3. Those 12 years old don’t even play the game anymore and the only games they play now is the new CoD or madden.

Compare the amount of skilled games to casual games.

halo 3 had the perfect balance. They had matchmaking to fit the needs of the skilled players. With a competetive matchmaking and a skill based system, it was fun for the skilled gamers. They had custom games and forge for the kids. Thats why most people in custom game parties were 8 and most people in level 30+ matchmaking where abour 16-24.

then reach completely switched it. Make the MLG players go into custom games and compare stats there becuase custom games is a reliable source for stat and no one could ever just boost their stats on there. Then had the casuals run matchmaking with there 0.50mbps connection.

nutshell: Make matchmaking for skilled players and Custom games for casuals.

Sounds good

How about we make it even more basic.

1-50 playlist ranks.
EXP ranks in each playlist.
cR in all playlists.

You have your 1-50 playlist rank (YAY)
You can get a 5 star general in Social Slayer (If you really want it)
and you can have something like your Reach rank.

I honestly don’t see why some people don’t want ranked playlists.