IDEA: Other Spartan types in Halo 5

Everyone seems to dislike the Spartan-IV’s personality, i don’t mind it, but here’s an idea: WHAT IF YOU COULD CHANGE YOUR SPARTAN TYPE?! There should be 3 spartan types to choose from: The Spartan II’S, The III’s, and the IV’S and each should have distinct traits (That don’t effect gameplay to a major extent).

Spartan II’s should be taller than the other two types and more silent, I’m not saying they won’t talk at all but they’ll only talk when needed (So no calling out headshots or saying what weapon they picked up.) They should only say important things like: "Hostile Located (Location)! Or “Incoming Frag, heads down Spartans” but in a cool voice (Noble Six, Chief, any cool spartan)

The Three’s should be a little more talkative than the II’s but not spitting out a mouthful like the IV’s. They’ll be shorter than the II’s and probably around the same height as the IV’s. Team Chatter Wise, they’ll speak when it’s important just like the II’s.

Now at the “Bro” scene after every match, every spartan should have a different one, and each will react to each other differently. Example: If an S:IV tries to hive five a S:II, the S:II will just glance at the IV, rejecting his/her hive five.

So what do you guys think of this idea? If you have any recommendations, please leave a comment and please, FAVORITE this post so you may now that i replied back to any of you. Thanks!

That line you said about the II glaring at the IV and rejecting the high five reminded me of the end of Halo 4. Palmer was all “Chief what up! High five!” and Chief stared at her and walked by, that was funny. Should totally happen.

> 2533274807529575;2:
> That line you said about the II glaring at the IV and rejecting the high five reminded me of the end of Halo 4. Palmer was all “Chief what up! High five!” and Chief stared at her and walked by, that was funny. Should totally happen.

Thanks! I really hope that 343 implements this mechanic

How tall? Spartan IV’s aren’t really that short. Anyways LOVE this idea. If elites are in MP they should do the same, choosing from Halo 3,Reach, or Halo 4 player models.

> 2533274896651902;4:
> How tall? Spartan IV’s aren’t really that short. Anyways LOVE this idea. If elites are in MP they should do the same, choosing from Halo 3,Reach, or Halo 4 player models.

WOW! Great idea with the Elites man! I should add this to the post!

From a multiplayer perspective, this would be a nightmare. Who remembers the controversy about the change in hitbox sizes when you changed helmet in Halo 3? Perhaps not a height change, but I love the idea of the dialogue and behaviour changes.

Noble Six was a Spartan 3 btw, Jorge was the Spartan 2 in Reach.

> 2533274805118013;6:
> From a multiplayer perspective, this would be a nightmare. Who remembers the controversy about the change in hitbox sizes when you changed helmet in Halo 3? Perhaps not a height change, but I love the idea of the dialogue and behaviour changes.
>
> Noble Six was a Spartan 3 btw, Jorge was the Spartan 2 in Reach.

I thought that over last night, yeah the hitboxs would be a nightmare for a spartan 2 (considering how tall they are) so the II’s may get only a little height change. Also, i am aware of Noble Six being 3, but seeing there aren’t many spartans in the GAME itself to choose a voice, i was kinda limited

This just a post to make this thread be new again

Spartan III’s and IV’s aren’t really shorter. Jorge is just a towering 7’4’. John’s 6’10", and both Sarah Palmer and noble 6 are 6’9". Jun is 6’10.9", making him taller than chief.

Unless of course everyone is listed by their height with armor (which would be really weird, considering their weight definitely is not), where john is listed as 7’2".

I can see an option to customize personality though.

> 2533274964189700;9:
> Spartan III’s and IV’s aren’t really shorter. Jorge is just a towering 7’4’. John’s 6’10", and both Sarah Palmer and noble 6 are 6’9". Jun is 6’10.9", making him taller than chief.
>
> Unless of course everyone is listed by their height with armor (which would be really weird, considering their weight definitely is not), where john is listed as 7’2".
>
> I can see an option to customize personality though.

Yeah, personality’s maybe. Most people really don’t like the Spartan IV’s (for some odd reason) so it would be nice to go back to the silent killing machines that we loved in Halo CE, 2, and 3

I just want a game that brings the Spartan-IIs back into play. I love the Spartan-IIs after reading the Fall of Reach. They are part the reason I loved the franchise so much.

> 2533274964480967;1:
> Everyone seems to dislike the Spartan-IV’s personality, i don’t mind it, but here’s an idea: WHAT IF YOU COULD CHANGE YOUR SPARTAN TYPE?! There should be 3 spartan types to choose from: The Spartan II’S, The III’s, and the IV’S and each should have distinct traits (That don’t effect gameplay to a major extent).
>
> Spartan II’s should be taller than the other two types and more silent, I’m not saying they won’t talk at all but they’ll only talk when needed (So no calling out headshots or saying what weapon they picked up.) They should only say important things like: "Hostile Located (Location)! Or “Incoming Frag, heads down Spartans” but in a cool voice (Noble Six, Chief, any cool spartan)
>
> The Three’s should be a little more talkative than the II’s but not spitting out a mouthful like the IV’s. They’ll be shorter than the II’s and probably around the same height as the IV’s. Team Chatter Wise, they’ll speak when it’s important just like the II’s.
>
>
> Now at the “Bro” scene after every match, every spartan should have a different one, and each will react to each other differently. Example: If an S:IV tries to hive five a S:II, the S:II will just glance at the IV, rejecting his/her hive five.
>
> So what do you guys think of this idea? If you have any recommendations, please leave a comment and please, FAVORITE this post so you may now that i replied back to any of you. Thanks!

I am with this guy! Great idea :smiley:

Yes that is an awesome idea, I hate spartan 4s and I just love spartan 2s and 3s(halo reach had the best customization). This seems like an idea that could work with the “next gen” tech.

> 2533274964480967;1:
> Everyone seems to dislike the Spartan-IV’s personality, i don’t mind it, but here’s an idea: WHAT IF YOU COULD CHANGE YOUR SPARTAN TYPE?! There should be 3 spartan types to choose from: The Spartan II’S, The III’s, and the IV’S and each should have distinct traits (That don’t effect gameplay to a major extent).
>
> Spartan II’s should be taller than the other two types and more silent, I’m not saying they won’t talk at all but they’ll only talk when needed (So no calling out headshots or saying what weapon they picked up.) They should only say important things like: "Hostile Located (Location)! Or “Incoming Frag, heads down Spartans” but in a cool voice (Noble Six, Chief, any cool spartan)
>
> The Three’s should be a little more talkative than the II’s but not spitting out a mouthful like the IV’s. They’ll be shorter than the II’s and probably around the same height as the IV’s. Team Chatter Wise, they’ll speak when it’s important just like the II’s.
>
>
> Now at the “Bro” scene after every match, every spartan should have a different one, and each will react to each other differently. Example: If an S:IV tries to hive five a S:II, the S:II will just glance at the IV, rejecting his/her hive five.
>
> So what do you guys think of this idea? If you have any recommendations, please leave a comment and please, FAVORITE this post so you may now that i replied back to any of you. Thanks!

343 MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!!

> 2533275000655959;11:
> I just want a game that brings the Spartan-IIs back into play. I love the Spartan-IIs after reading the Fall of Reach. They are part the reason I loved the franchise so much.

II’s are the best

> 2533274873310189;12:
> > 2533274964480967;1:
> > Everyone seems to dislike the Spartan-IV’s personality, i don’t mind it, but here’s an idea: WHAT IF YOU COULD CHANGE YOUR SPARTAN TYPE?! There should be 3 spartan types to choose from: The Spartan II’S, The III’s, and the IV’S and each should have distinct traits (That don’t effect gameplay to a major extent).
> >
> > Spartan II’s should be taller than the other two types and more silent, I’m not saying they won’t talk at all but they’ll only talk when needed (So no calling out headshots or saying what weapon they picked up.) They should only say important things like: "Hostile Located (Location)! Or “Incoming Frag, heads down Spartans” but in a cool voice (Noble Six, Chief, any cool spartan)
> >
> > The Three’s should be a little more talkative than the II’s but not spitting out a mouthful like the IV’s. They’ll be shorter than the II’s and probably around the same height as the IV’s. Team Chatter Wise, they’ll speak when it’s important just like the II’s.
> >
> >
> > Now at the “Bro” scene after every match, every spartan should have a different one, and each will react to each other differently. Example: If an S:IV tries to hive five a S:II, the S:II will just glance at the IV, rejecting his/her hive five.
> >
> > So what do you guys think of this idea? If you have any recommendations, please leave a comment and please, FAVORITE this post so you may now that i replied back to any of you. Thanks!
>
>
> I am with this guy! Great idea :smiley:

Thanks!

> 2533274977797582;14:
> > 2533274964480967;1:
> > Everyone seems to dislike the Spartan-IV’s personality, i don’t mind it, but here’s an idea: WHAT IF YOU COULD CHANGE YOUR SPARTAN TYPE?! There should be 3 spartan types to choose from: The Spartan II’S, The III’s, and the IV’S and each should have distinct traits (That don’t effect gameplay to a major extent).
> >
> > Spartan II’s should be taller than the other two types and more silent, I’m not saying they won’t talk at all but they’ll only talk when needed (So no calling out headshots or saying what weapon they picked up.) They should only say important things like: "Hostile Located (Location)! Or “Incoming Frag, heads down Spartans” but in a cool voice (Noble Six, Chief, any cool spartan)
> >
> > The Three’s should be a little more talkative than the II’s but not spitting out a mouthful like the IV’s. They’ll be shorter than the II’s and probably around the same height as the IV’s. Team Chatter Wise, they’ll speak when it’s important just like the II’s.
> >
> >
> > Now at the “Bro” scene after every match, every spartan should have a different one, and each will react to each other differently. Example: If an S:IV tries to hive five a S:II, the S:II will just glance at the IV, rejecting his/her hive five.
> >
> > So what do you guys think of this idea? If you have any recommendations, please leave a comment and please, FAVORITE this post so you may now that i replied back to any of you. Thanks!
>
>
> 343 MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!!

MAKE IT HAPPEN NOW!!!

> 2533274807529575;2:
> That line you said about the II glaring at the IV and rejecting the high five reminded me of the end of Halo 4. Palmer was all “Chief what up! High five!” and Chief stared at her and walked by, that was funny. Should totally happen.

LOL same thought here

> 2533274915983628;18:
> > 2533274807529575;2:
> > That line you said about the II glaring at the IV and rejecting the high five reminded me of the end of Halo 4. Palmer was all “Chief what up! High five!” and Chief stared at her and walked by, that was funny. Should totally happen.
>
>
> LOL same thought here

No I think it was more along the lines of:

Palmer: Woah Chief lookin swole today brah

Chief: Not interested.

Spartan IVs watch in amazement as Chief walks off into the sunset.

Honestly, another idea that comes to mind with this idea of yours.
If they bring back Spartan Ops for H5 or think to anyway; What if you get to choose between the three and get a different perspective and story all-together with each Spartan.
Spartan II:
A callback to the older HALO experience you get flown in to the Infinity, you are given your mission in mission briefing then you ready up to head out. A sorta Chief-esque story, if you will.

Spartan III:
It shows you on the Infinity already, you are an operative of ONI as a Spartan III and you are tasked with the higher-end, dangerous missions that state you won’t be coming back. Your objective is to gather intel (intel that is reflected in operations and gameplay for both SII’s and SIV’s) and at times you will end up playing in a operation with some SIV’s or SII’s.

Spartan IV:
Original H4 Spartan-Ops experience, you are still Crimson Team. You have been tasked with multiple on the ground operations as Infinity’s best, you fight through multiple operations, deal with some political espionage or even gather intel with the SIII and perhaps fight alongside the SII. Ultimately, this is the soldier experience.

Thoughts?