Idea for Pulse Grenades

Had an idea to make them slightly more useful. Have players who are hit by them be slowed down slightly for a few seconds in addition to the damage they do.

I like it. The pulse grenades are nearly useless as they are now.

Mhm… making them slow down like after hijacked when they are inside the range of it? Sounds nice, even if would be over used to get assassinations (throw one to an enemy and run to get him back…)

On the bright side, you’d slow yourself and take more time going for an assassination kill, so it’s a high risk/high reward tactic.

Only kills I ever got with them was by accident. It’d be great to have a warthog coming at you and throw a Pulse down in front of you, slowing it to a crawl as it goes through.

> Had an idea to make them slightly more useful. Have players who are hit by them be slowed down slightly for a few seconds in addition to the damage they do.

Why are they even ordinance?

I have no idea. I’d like to see the percentage of how often pulse grenades are picked as an ordnance.

the pulse grenade(s) in my opinion are meant to be area-of-denial, although your suggestion isn`t what I would of preferred (imagine that) I will say that it at least makes it more useful, and in my opinion that grenade is just useless as of right now.

It’s funny, you put Pulse grenades in your loadout and you only get one even though they are practically useless. Put Frags or Plasma on and you get two when they are a 1000x more useful, especially Plasmas for their use against vehicles. Honestly you should get 2 Pulse and one Frag or Plasma.

I don’t like the idea. The pulse grenade is really good once you figure out how to use it. It’s my favorite grenade, I don’t want it to seem OP.

> It’s funny, you put Pulse grenades in your loadout and you only get one even though they are practically useless. Put Frags or Plasma on and you get two when they are a 1000x more useful, especially Plasmas for their use against vehicles. Honestly you should get 2 Pulse and one Frag or Plasma.

although that is a very fundamental issue I will stand by my opinion, one thing that halo has always had a shortage of is area-of-denial weapons, to me changing the pulse nade into an AoD weapon is not only the best route (given the way it was made) but it is also the most needed change aswell.

but yeah Im sure 343i will do SOMETHING to balance out the game, the question though is HOW?

Wish they’d give us a clue what they’re working on.

It seems there is a way to control the pulse on these grenades, but I can’t use it effectively. How do you guys use the dang thing? What damage do they even do?

> the pulse grenade(s) in my opinion are meant to be area-of-denial, although your suggestion isn`t what I would of preferred (imagine that) I will say that it at least makes it more useful, and in my opinion that grenade is just useless as of right now.

I agree with this, more ideal for objective type matches where you want to keep the enemy away from a flag or a skull or something. And they are useless, I have no clue how I will even get close to Mastery.

OP’s idea seems like a good buff to them.

> > It’s funny, you put Pulse grenades in your loadout and you only get one even though they are practically useless. Put Frags or Plasma on and you get two when they are a 1000x more useful, especially Plasmas for their use against vehicles. Honestly you should get 2 Pulse and one Frag or Plasma.
>
> although that is a very fundamental issue I will stand by my opinion, one thing that halo has always had a shortage of is area-of-denial weapons, to me changing the pulse nade into an AoD weapon is not only the best route (given the way it was made) but it is also the most needed change aswell.
>
> but yeah Im sure 343i will do SOMETHING to balance out the game, the question though is HOW?

Don’t get me wrong I have no problem with what they do but AoD is all they are good for, your not getting much kills with them. The utility for the other two are much greater particularly Plasmas.

> It seems there is a way to control the pulse on these grenades, but I can’t use it effectively. How do you guys use the dang thing? What damage do they even do?

Well, a pulse grenade can easily take out an enemy’s shields, and it sticks to the first surface it touches(walls,ceilings,floors). So you just need to through the pulse grenade infront of someone,then they walk into it, and they are an easy 1 shot. The pulse grenade is fine the way it is.

I prefer we play with a gentleman’s agreement, that if you’re hit by one that you stand in its area of effect until you expire.

> > > It’s funny, you put Pulse grenades in your loadout and you only get one even though they are practically useless. Put Frags or Plasma on and you get two when they are a 1000x more useful, especially Plasmas for their use against vehicles. Honestly you should get 2 Pulse and one Frag or Plasma.
> >
> > although that is a very fundamental issue I will stand by my opinion, one thing that halo has always had a shortage of is area-of-denial weapons, to me changing the pulse nade into an AoD weapon is not only the best route (given the way it was made) but it is also the most needed change aswell.
> >
> > but yeah Im sure 343i will do SOMETHING to balance out the game, the question though is HOW?
>
> Don’t get me wrong I have no problem with what they do but AoD is all they are good for, your not getting much kills with them. The utility for the other two are much greater particularly Plasmas.

youre not supposed to get kills with AoD weapons, theyre used to block key locations from enemies, I mean sure it still wouldn`t give you as many kills but at least they would have a strategic use.

It should emp vehicles.

I’ve been working on the Forerunner loadout alot lately in Regicide. I shoot a player 4 times from the hip with the LR, then throw the pulse grenade. I average about 3-4 kills a game, tough but manageable.