idea for matchmaking

now, this is something that I’m sure most of us have had happen, you’re in a matchmaking game, and your controller disconnects,
now, what this would be is when your controller disconnects in halo 4 matchmaking, a little icon appears over your head, allies would see it just like they see your waypoint, and enemy’s would see it when they are looking at you, like how it shows your name,
thoughts?

…to what end? what purpose exactly would this serve?

not gonna lie, if i see someone on the other team with a waypoint saying, “BATTERIES DEAD” i’m still gonna kill them.

I agree with the post above. This will not solve anything, and it seems pretty much useless.

Those who have controllers disconnect are unfortunately screwed until they reconnect it.

The only possible fix is to add a manual respawn button where you press a button to respawn on command after the default respawn timer. This saves the afkers from getting killed repeatedly and there can be a kick option to kick those who do not respawn within 30-60 seconds.

Not sure how many people will like that fix though. I don’t like it myself. In reality, the only fix is to reconnect as fast as possible.

this is a completely stupid idea.

1. it singles out people who need to change there batteries
  2. there is already a waypoint over your head for teammates to see
  3. it would just be a waste of resources

it would be a nice touch, that way they don’t think your an idiot, just standing there after you ran up to them, that has happened to me

> now, this is something that I’m sure most of us have had happen, you’re in a matchmaking game, and your controller disconnects,
> now, what this would be is when your controller disconnects in halo 4 matchmaking, a little icon appears over your head, allies would see it just like they see your waypoint, and enemy’s would see it when they are looking at you, like how it shows your name,
> thoughts?

You’re obviously overestimating the integrity of the average gamer. Personally, I’d leave you alone. But you’d be a free kill to virtually the rest of the community. You know how most Halo gamers are, if it buffs their K/D they’ll go to any length.

> it would be a nice touch, that way they don’t think your an idiot, just standing there after you ran up to them, that has happened to me

no, you’re just AFC’ing when you should be playing therefor i will kill you.

all it says is there controller is disconnected, for all i know they could be one of those people who chooses to AFC instead of playing.

> > now, this is something that I’m sure most of us have had happen, you’re in a matchmaking game, and your controller disconnects,
> > now, what this would be is when your controller disconnects in halo 4 matchmaking, a little icon appears over your head, allies would see it just like they see your waypoint, and enemy’s would see it when they are looking at you, like how it shows your name,
> > thoughts?
>
> You’re obviously overestimating the integrity of the average gamer. Personally, I’d leave you alone. But you’d be a free kill to virtually the rest of the community. You know how most Halo gamers are, if it buffs their K/D they’ll go to any length.

this is really meant as a, “my controller disconnected, i didn’t just run up to you and stop, or just be going along and stopped dead in my tracks for no apparent reason!” and for those of you who think this would be a waste of resources, go say that to the people who keep asking for tiny changes to reach matchmaking that really don’t need to happen, and would divert 343i from halo 4

> > it would be a nice touch, that way they don’t think your an idiot, just standing there after you ran up to them, that has happened to me
>
> no, you’re just AFC’ing when you should be playing therefor i will kill you.
>
> all it says is there controller is disconnected, for all i know they could be one of those people who chooses to AFC instead of playing.

then perhaps, there could be an option for the team to boot them if they have been like that for over 2 minutes or something like that

> > > now, this is something that I’m sure most of us have had happen, you’re in a matchmaking game, and your controller disconnects,
> > > now, what this would be is when your controller disconnects in halo 4 matchmaking, a little icon appears over your head, allies would see it just like they see your waypoint, and enemy’s would see it when they are looking at you, like how it shows your name,
> > > thoughts?
> >
> > You’re obviously overestimating the integrity of the average gamer. Personally, I’d leave you alone. But you’d be a free kill to virtually the rest of the community. You know how most Halo gamers are, if it buffs their K/D they’ll go to any length.
>
> this is really meant as a, “my controller disconnected, i didn’t just run up to you and stop, or just be going along and stopped dead in my tracks for no apparent reason!” and for those of you who think this would be a waste of resources, go say that to the people who keep asking for tiny changes to reach matchmaking that really don’t need to happen, and would divert 343i from halo 4

when i said resources i meant the xboxs physical RAM

if you stopped infront of my i’m still going to kill you because it is a point towards my team winning the game.

> > > it would be a nice touch, that way they don’t think your an idiot, just standing there after you ran up to them, that has happened to me
> >
> > no, you’re just AFC’ing when you should be playing therefor i will kill you.
> >
> > all it says is there controller is disconnected, for all i know they could be one of those people who chooses to AFC instead of playing.
>
> then perhaps, there could be an option for the team to boot them if they have been like that for over 2 minutes or something like that

they should automatically be booted to the matchmaking lobby and not the search screen, there is no real point in giving the option to players on whether to boot or not.

> > > > now, this is something that I’m sure most of us have had happen, you’re in a matchmaking game, and your controller disconnects,
> > > > now, what this would be is when your controller disconnects in halo 4 matchmaking, a little icon appears over your head, allies would see it just like they see your waypoint, and enemy’s would see it when they are looking at you, like how it shows your name,
> > > > thoughts?
> > >
> > > You’re obviously overestimating the integrity of the average gamer. Personally, I’d leave you alone. But you’d be a free kill to virtually the rest of the community. You know how most Halo gamers are, if it buffs their K/D they’ll go to any length.
> >
> > this is really meant as a, “my controller disconnected, i didn’t just run up to you and stop, or just be going along and stopped dead in my tracks for no apparent reason!” and for those of you who think this would be a waste of resources, go say that to the people who keep asking for tiny changes to reach matchmaking that really don’t need to happen, and would divert 343i from halo 4
>
> when i said resources i meant the xboxs physical RAM
>
> if you stopped infront of my i’m still going to kill you because it is a point towards my team winning the game.

i really doubt that a little waypoint over a players head will give you lag, and this isn’t meant as a means of stopping kills, it’s meant to show them that your controller turned off, not that you like running around, then stopping to get killed

> > > now, this is something that I’m sure most of us have had happen, you’re in a matchmaking game, and your controller disconnects,
> > > now, what this would be is when your controller disconnects in halo 4 matchmaking, a little icon appears over your head, allies would see it just like they see your waypoint, and enemy’s would see it when they are looking at you, like how it shows your name,
> > > thoughts?
> >
> > You’re obviously overestimating the integrity of the average gamer. Personally, I’d leave you alone. But you’d be a free kill to virtually the rest of the community. You know how most Halo gamers are, if it buffs their K/D they’ll go to any length.
>
> this is really meant as a, “my controller disconnected, i didn’t just run up to you and stop, or just be going along and stopped dead in my tracks for no apparent reason!” and for those of you who think this would be a waste of resources, go say that to the people who keep asking for tiny changes to reach matchmaking that really don’t need to happen, and would divert 343i from halo 4

Yes, but you fail to understand. Even if your controller has disconnected, the other team doesn’t care. They’re gonna kill you. If you’re on my team and AFC, fine and dandy. I won’t bother you, usually my AFC team mates don’t die that often due to them not running out like dil wigs.

It is sort of a waste of resources, it all really falls upon the integrity of your fellow players. If you signify that you are unable to defend yourself, that’s like being the weakest link of a herd of antelope. You’re an easy meal, therefore you’re dead.

> > > > it would be a nice touch, that way they don’t think your an idiot, just standing there after you ran up to them, that has happened to me
> > >
> > > no, you’re just AFC’ing when you should be playing therefor i will kill you.
> > >
> > > all it says is there controller is disconnected, for all i know they could be one of those people who chooses to AFC instead of playing.
> >
> > then perhaps, there could be an option for the team to boot them if they have been like that for over 2 minutes or something like that
>
> they should automatically be booted to the matchmaking lobby and not the search screen, there is no real point in giving the option to players on whether to boot or not.

alright, then have it be an auto boot after 2 minutes or so, and i never said to boot them to the search screen
edit, and with this in place, it could help with AFC’ers

> > > > > now, this is something that I’m sure most of us have had happen, you’re in a matchmaking game, and your controller disconnects,
> > > > > now, what this would be is when your controller disconnects in halo 4 matchmaking, a little icon appears over your head, allies would see it just like they see your waypoint, and enemy’s would see it when they are looking at you, like how it shows your name,
> > > > > thoughts?
> > > >
> > > > You’re obviously overestimating the integrity of the average gamer. Personally, I’d leave you alone. But you’d be a free kill to virtually the rest of the community. You know how most Halo gamers are, if it buffs their K/D they’ll go to any length.
> > >
> > > this is really meant as a, “my controller disconnected, i didn’t just run up to you and stop, or just be going along and stopped dead in my tracks for no apparent reason!” and for those of you who think this would be a waste of resources, go say that to the people who keep asking for tiny changes to reach matchmaking that really don’t need to happen, and would divert 343i from halo 4
> >
> > when i said resources i meant the xboxs physical RAM
> >
> > if you stopped infront of my i’m still going to kill you because it is a point towards my team winning the game.
>
> i really doubt that a little waypoint over a players head will give you lag, and this isn’t meant as a means of stopping kills, it’s meant to show them that your controller turned off, not that you like running around, then stopping to get killed

it would be using RAM which is unnecessary and lagg could cause it to glitch and put markers over everyones head.

what purpose does it serve?
it shows that a persons controller is disconnected but what purpose does this achieve?

> > > > > > now, this is something that I’m sure most of us have had happen, you’re in a matchmaking game, and your controller disconnects,
> > > > > > now, what this would be is when your controller disconnects in halo 4 matchmaking, a little icon appears over your head, allies would see it just like they see your waypoint, and enemy’s would see it when they are looking at you, like how it shows your name,
> > > > > > thoughts?
> > > > >
> > > > > You’re obviously overestimating the integrity of the average gamer. Personally, I’d leave you alone. But you’d be a free kill to virtually the rest of the community. You know how most Halo gamers are, if it buffs their K/D they’ll go to any length.
> > > >
> > > > this is really meant as a, “my controller disconnected, i didn’t just run up to you and stop, or just be going along and stopped dead in my tracks for no apparent reason!” and for those of you who think this would be a waste of resources, go say that to the people who keep asking for tiny changes to reach matchmaking that really don’t need to happen, and would divert 343i from halo 4
> > >
> > > when i said resources i meant the xboxs physical RAM
> > >
> > > if you stopped infront of my i’m still going to kill you because it is a point towards my team winning the game.
> >
> > i really doubt that a little waypoint over a players head will give you lag, and this isn’t meant as a means of stopping kills, it’s meant to show them that your controller turned off, not that you like running around, then stopping to get killed
>
> it shows that a persons controller is disconnected but what purpose does this achieve?

It achieves the purpose of erecting a “Kill Me!” sign above your head.

> > > > > it would be a nice touch, that way they don’t think your an idiot, just standing there after you ran up to them, that has happened to me
> > > >
> > > > no, you’re just AFC’ing when you should be playing therefor i will kill you.
> > > >
> > > > all it says is there controller is disconnected, for all i know they could be one of those people who chooses to AFC instead of playing.
> > >
> > > then perhaps, there could be an option for the team to boot them if they have been like that for over 2 minutes or something like that
> >
> > they should automatically be booted to the matchmaking lobby and not the search screen, there is no real point in giving the option to players on whether to boot or not.
>
> alright, then have it be an auto boot after 2 minutes or so, and i never said to boot them to the search screen
> edit, and with this in place, it could help with AFC’ers

i mentioned the search screen because i’ve had games where i’ve lagged, booted and quit and for some odd reason ended up searching for a new game instead of being in the lobby.

> > > > now, this is something that I’m sure most of us have had happen, you’re in a matchmaking game, and your controller disconnects,
> > > > now, what this would be is when your controller disconnects in halo 4 matchmaking, a little icon appears over your head, allies would see it just like they see your waypoint, and enemy’s would see it when they are looking at you, like how it shows your name,
> > > > thoughts?
> > >
> > > You’re obviously overestimating the integrity of the average gamer. Personally, I’d leave you alone. But you’d be a free kill to virtually the rest of the community. You know how most Halo gamers are, if it buffs their K/D they’ll go to any length.
> >
> > this is really meant as a, “my controller disconnected, i didn’t just run up to you and stop, or just be going along and stopped dead in my tracks for no apparent reason!” and for those of you who think this would be a waste of resources, go say that to the people who keep asking for tiny changes to reach matchmaking that really don’t need to happen, and would divert 343i from halo 4
>
> Yes, but you fail to understand. Even if your controller has disconnected, the other team doesn’t care. They’re gonna kill you. If you’re on my team and AFC, fine and dandy. I won’t bother you, usually my AFC team mates don’t die that often due to them not running out like dil wigs.
>
> It is sort of a waste of resources, it all really falls upon the integrity of your fellow players. If you signify that you are unable to defend yourself, that’s like being the weakest link of a herd of antelope. You’re an easy meal, therefore you’re dead.

you don’t seem to understand that this isn’t meant to stop kills, it’s meant to give a reason as to why they run along then stop, it’s as simple as that, and what resources are you referring too? 343i? or the xbox? either way, it’s not that big a waste of resources

> > > > > > > now, this is something that I’m sure most of us have had happen, you’re in a matchmaking game, and your controller disconnects,
> > > > > > > now, what this would be is when your controller disconnects in halo 4 matchmaking, a little icon appears over your head, allies would see it just like they see your waypoint, and enemy’s would see it when they are looking at you, like how it shows your name,
> > > > > > > thoughts?
> > > > > >
> > > > > > You’re obviously overestimating the integrity of the average gamer. Personally, I’d leave you alone. But you’d be a free kill to virtually the rest of the community. You know how most Halo gamers are, if it buffs their K/D they’ll go to any length.
> > > > >
> > > > > this is really meant as a, “my controller disconnected, i didn’t just run up to you and stop, or just be going along and stopped dead in my tracks for no apparent reason!” and for those of you who think this would be a waste of resources, go say that to the people who keep asking for tiny changes to reach matchmaking that really don’t need to happen, and would divert 343i from halo 4
> > > >
> > > > when i said resources i meant the xboxs physical RAM
> > > >
> > > > if you stopped infront of my i’m still going to kill you because it is a point towards my team winning the game.
> > >
> > > i really doubt that a little waypoint over a players head will give you lag, and this isn’t meant as a means of stopping kills, it’s meant to show them that your controller turned off, not that you like running around, then stopping to get killed
> >
> > it shows that a persons controller is disconnected but what purpose does this achieve?
>
> It achieves the purpose of erecting a “Kill Me!” sign above your head.

may aswell put a marker on everyones head, it would help eliminate camping even though its a legitimate strategy…

> now, this is something that I’m sure most of us have had happen, you’re in a matchmaking game, and your controller disconnects,
> now, what this would be is when your controller disconnects in halo 4 matchmaking, a little icon appears over your head, allies would see it just like they see your waypoint, and enemy’s would see it when they are looking at you, like how it shows your name,
> thoughts?

I think the reason hes tryna make is so people know your not just totally useless, hence the icon which would appear above your Spartans head.
I can see where your comin from on that note =)

PeacE
shadEO9