Idea for Jet packs in Halo 4

So in Halo 3 some of you may remember that if you killed a Brute with a jet pack sometimes it would malfunction and send them flying (sort of). So what if the same happens in Halo 4 multi player? For example a guy is flying around with his jet pack and someone shoots it (no shields of course) resulting in it malfunctioning and sending them flying across the map Bobba Fett style, until they collide with something and explode. Another scenario would be if they simply died while using the jet pack with no one to control it where would it go?

Tell me what you think :slight_smile:

Would be pretty funny in Forge/Custom.

Jetpack should be able to get blown.

That would be kinda cool

Should be able to set nearby people on fire as well. Not for any practical reason, just to make it more funny and rewarding when you do.

That could result in so much hilarity. Only if a player dies while jet packing (that would be stupid if you were still alive but were forced to be launched around the map and die).
I am picturing the grunts when their methane tanks explode. A flying spartan that weighs like a half ton would probably destroy whatever it hits too. Possibly flip warthogs…? That would be epic.

Lol i’d love this! You die, but you do it Grunt style!!

Hahaha I do like to use a jetpack and I don’t understand why others don’t, but I think this idea is great! It would be hilarious if I died mid-air and started to flip around Like a grunt. The only thing I have to say about it though, wouldn’t that just nerf it way to much? As soon as you jetpack, you become a target for everyone and everyone will try to shoot you. Maybe it would explode(sort of) when it hits the ground to at least make it some fair. Not a huge explosion, just an explosion sort of like the grunts.

I want this idea, NOW!

> Hahaha I do like to use a jetpack and I don’t understand why others don’t, but I think this idea is great! It would be hilarious if I died mid-air and started to flip around Like a grunt. The only thing I have to say about it though, wouldn’t that just nerf it way to much? As soon as you jetpack, you become a target for everyone and everyone will try to shoot you. Maybe it would explode(sort of) when it hits the ground to at least make it some fair. Not a huge explosion, just an explosion sort of like the grunts.

Thanks for bringing this up, I was thinking of that. I’m really not sure how to solve that. Any ideas?

This would be a HILARIOUS addition to multiplayer XD

Haha, suicide jetpacker (new loadout) ^^
It sure would be fun if you could cause the jetpack to malfunction and explode, catch fire or even fly in an unpredictable pattern before it crashes into the ground ^^

> Haha, suicide jetpacker (new loadout) ^^
> It sure would be fun if you could cause the jetpack to malfunction and explode, catch fire or even fly in an unpredictable pattern before it crashes into the ground ^^

And the player can be in first person to make it even more fun.

Yea, that’s what Halo needs - more randomness.

I have a better idea for Jet Packs - make them pick-ups only, along with every other AA.

Here is my idea on jetpacks. Leave them out

> Yea, that’s what Halo needs - more randomness.
>
> I have a better idea for Jet Packs - make them pick-ups only, along with every other AA.

I completely agree, AAs should be more like equipment from Halo 3.

> Here is my idea on jetpacks. Leave them out

May I ask why exactly?

> > Here is my idea on jetpacks. Leave them out
>
> May I ask why exactly?

Because they break the game.

I realized that they would never be left out, so I proposed that they be pick-ups only, with a maximum of 2 on each map.

With Jet-packs, players have instant advantages over others by being able to break any sort of setup. Look at The Cage: Every game I play on that is a constant battle for Elbow, but neither team is ever able to lock it down longer than 30 seconds because Jetpacks ultimately make it way too easy to pick people off.

> > Here is my idea on jetpacks. Leave them out
>
> May I ask why exactly?

Breaks map control, maps are well designed for any AAs.

You guys are probably right, I don’t really know enough about map control to understand that sort of stuff. But surely my suggestion which sort of nerfs the jet pack will make it more balanced?

> You guys are probably right, I don’t really know enough about map control to understand that sort of stuff. But surely my suggestion which sort of nerfs the jet pack will make it more balanced?

No, it would just make the game more random. Allowing something to explode and fly randomly will not help the game at all. Look how many accidental deaths happen in campaign and firefight because of grunts. That would be awful in Matchmaking.