Idea for a Skull

From what I’ve seen (and played) of Halo 2 Legendary, it’s meant to be approached less as playing the game, more moving through it at speed whilst taking as little damage as humanly possible.

Now, that’s obviously a fun challenge for some people (read: masochists), but I think Legendary should stick to the big but not insurmountable challenge of Halo: CE. 3 was too easy. Reach was good, but CE is better.

So my idea is this: add a skull to Campaign that bumps it up (it being damage rate, rate of enemy fire, artificial intelligence, etc.) to Halo 2 Legendary tier, including that suicidally impossible difficulty for the suicidally insane players who enjoy that.

Call it …Seppuku or Kamikaze. Or Zeal. Zeal is good.

> From what I’ve seen (and played) of Halo 2 Legendary, it’s meant to be approached less as playing the game, more moving through it at speed whilst taking as little damage as humanly possible.
>
> Now, that’s obviously a fun challenge for some people (read: masochists), but I think Legendary should stick to the big but not insurmountable challenge of Halo: CE. 3 was too easy. Reach was good, but CE is better.
>
>
> So my idea is this: add a skull to Campaign that bumps it up (it being damage rate, rate of enemy fire, artificial intelligence, etc.) to Halo 2 Legendary tier, <mark>including that suicidally impossible difficulty for the suicidally insane players who enjoy that.</mark>
>
> Call it …Seppuku or Kamikaze. Or Zeal. Zeal is good.

I’m not suicidal, maybe insane…

Isnt that the Mythic skull? Triples enemy effectiveness or something.

Not sure halo 2 would be the best legendary campaign to emulate, it wasnt fantastically balanced. The rest of the game was a piece of piss compared to the very first level, and then the jackal snipers in mombasa.

If there was a skull like that, LASO would be impossible. Furthermore, hardly anyone would turn it on.

What Halo 4 needs is something that acts as a counterpart to skulls. Like spines. They could use other anatomy features from the Prometheans if the Knights lack spines.

Skulls: improves gameplay
Spines: makes the game harder

Consequently, it would be the ultimate difficulty experience when they were “re”-united. But separately, they could appeal to everyone, not just the masochists.