Idea for a Halo spinoff game

So, we’re probably (likely, likely, maybe) going to get some flood in Halo Infinite. However, I never thought that any Halo from the level 343 guilty spark to the end of Halo 3 really did the flood justice. My idea is a little bit… off the wall, but I think it fits really well into 343’s gameplay style, lore, and also a demand from the community.
The idea would be to set a game during the human-forerunner-flood war (okay, maybe those are two separate wars, but they occurred relatilvey close to each other). Seeing as we already have ancient human spartan armor in Halo 5 and forerunners/prometheans have full weapon sandboxes, a lot of code and design elements could come right from Halo 5 already. Story wise, we could play as Promethean soldiers, knights, the Dicact, the ur-Didact, maybe even Faber of will and might in campaign; Some missions could be against ancient humans (the early ones) and most would be horror-esque flood only missions, like the Library from CE or Cortana from Halo 3. Some have requested a flood-heavy horror game, and this might allow for an even deeper look into that conflict. Furthermore, this could, in an actual game, give more backstory to the Didact, who many felt was not very well explained within Halo 4’s story. This would fill that gap. This might tie in with infinite if Zeta Halo, part of both the old and new arrays, features heavily, and also, not being a mainline game, as the story isn’t based around chief, much experimentation could occur. In this game, I’d be 100% fine with them playing around with movement and weapon mechanics as much as they want; given that it’s an entirely different era, I’d expect to see new and interesting things to do in the game, even if some are really buggy or need serious tuning. If a feature works out well, perhaps that could be included in the main story.

Basically, I think a forerunner flood war prequel game would work for 343 in many ways, help the lore, not be overly resource intensive to develop, and be a huge hit with the community as well; I feel as though if we had a better understanding of prometheans and the lore in a game, it might be a little more fun to fight them in the mainline halo games. Perhaps this could be called Halo: Origins or something like that, due to the fact that the game would detail the origins of the rings and show us exactly how things became the way they were when we landed on installation 04 back in 2001.

Well done… Interesting perspective. The only thing is you can’t ace the Master Chief. There has to be a hero and MC is the reason Halo exists. You probably noticed from the Slip Space engine demo, the Master Chief puts an AI chip in the back of his helmet… That’s what’s got my wheels turning… Hmmmm. What AI is it?

> 2533274843446007;2:
> Well done… Interesting perspective. The only thing is you can’t ace the Master Chief. There has to be a hero and MC is the reason Halo exists. You probably noticed from the Slip Space engine demo, the Master Chief puts an AI chip in the back of his helmet… That’s what’s got my wheels turning… Hmmmm. What AI is it?

I’m like 90% sure it’s a new one called durundel or something, based on the ancient poem about defeating the sword of curtana; it’s got a whole mendicant bias/offensive bias thing going.

As to the chief point; spinoff games don’t need chief, and I think you can sell a spinoff game without him (see: Reach), but not mainline games (see Halo: 5)

Hmmm… Well, Are you just generally psychotic or just 10 yrs old?

> 2533274843446007;4:
> Hmmm… Well, Are you just generally psychotic or just 10 yrs old?

I’m 1000% psychotic, but also a little lost?

> 2535454318282171;5:
> > 2533274843446007;4:
> > Hmmm… Well, Are you just generally psychotic or just 10 yrs old?
>
> I’m 1000% psychotic, but also a little lost?

hahaha… Good answer…lol

That would be an amazing game! They could almost re-invent Halo and have a new way of playing with brand new gameplay mechanics. I can almost picture a Battlefront 2 (the old one) style mission with the ship battles in galactic assault, but with Forerunner ships!

The thing is Halo is unique… It’s falls in the category of the only one of it’s kind. Game devs have tried to copy and make a bunch of money. but no banana…
I’m going fishing so I’ll be back soon…

> 2533274843446007;8:
> The thing is Halo is unique… It’s falls in the category of the only one of it’s kind. Game devs have tried to copy and make a bunch of money. but no banana…
> I’ve got great grand kids to go have fun with, I’m going fishing so I’ll be back soon…

> 2533274843446007;9:
> > 2533274843446007;8:
> > The thing is Halo is unique… It’s falls in the category of the only one of it’s kind. Game devs have tried to copy and make a bunch of money. but no banana…
> > I’ve got great grand kids to go have fun with, I’m going fishing so I’ll be back soon…

Sorry double post…

As interesting as it would be to see something like this, it would take a massive amount of resources to accomplish, and right now with the TV show in progress and the new game is being developed, more like concepts, a totally new game from there would be impossible. After lol the current works are done, maybe. It’s an idea up for grabs, but definitely a very interesting one, don’t think I’m hating your idea, it’s really creative, but right now it’s probably not gonna get much attention

> 2535410570006717;11:
> As interesting as it would be to see something like this, it would take a massive amount of resources to accomplish, and right now with the TV show in progress and the new game is being developed, more like concepts, a totally new game from there would be impossible. After lol the current works are done, maybe. It’s an idea up for grabs, but definitely a very interesting one, don’t think I’m hating your idea, it’s really creative, but right now it’s probably not gonna get much attention

Yeah, that’s true, dev are busy. This might bee a good post-infinite release, however, and since it would use existing models (flood from 3/infinite, prometheans from 5/infinite, etc.) I don’t think it would take altogether as many resources as a mainline game. It would also be a good filler game between releases and give story people and devs/others not working on this idea more time to begin prep for the 7th Halo game.

What about a Halo game based on the Ancient Human and Forerunner war ?

Human-Forerunner war or Forerunner-Flood war

> 2533274816792746;14:
> Human-Forerunner war or Forerunner-Flood war

I thought they were very close in time to each other where the flood basically forced the humans into forerunner territory?

Great idea unfortunately as others have said it probably won’t happen due to all the other stuff 343 is working on. Maybe it could be the plot of the TV show? I think it would be -Yoinking- awesome to have a prequel show like that and get to see all the forerunner politics and wars in live action. Unfortunately again it’s not likely to happen due to the show probably having to appeal to a mainstream audience but one can always dream right?

> 2535411561717249;16:
> Great idea unfortunately as others have said it probably won’t happen due to all the other stuff 343 is working on. Maybe it could be the plot of the TV show? I think it would be -Yoinking- awesome to have a prequel show like that and get to see all the forerunner politics and wars in live action. Unfortunately again it’s not likely to happen due to the show probably having to appeal to a mainstream audience but one can always dream right?

If star wars can do c-span with monsters, so can Halo.

Halo new blood or halo kilo-five trilogy

I would love to see a game set in the middle of the Human-Covenant war where you play as a marine or odst. I think it would be great to see it with gameplay similar to Arma, and take heavy inspiration on trying to remake the advertisements for 3 and odst in game.