Idea: Betting on yourself

What if you can bet ingame currency against other players or the game outcome?
Would that spice up the game for you?

Excample

1. you bet 1 coin on win. get on if you do, lose one if you dont
  2. you bet on a specific individual outcome: make most kills/killstreak/etc
    The game could give us some categories with odds.
    Just like sportsbetting just for our own gameplay.
    I would LOVE it. Gives the outcome so much more meaning compared to random outcomes due to random teammates.
    A win would mean something now.

Of course real money betting isnt allowed so the currency could only be use for special armour or cosmetics.
But think about a golden version from every available armor. even if it can only used in custom games or the profile.

there would have to be a complete disconnect from the betting currency and real money, otherwise it’s no different from gambling real money. It might be a fun idea though, I haven’t heard this idea before!

I’d love to be able to throw wagers on games somehow. It gets tricky from a legal sense if credits or whatever they’re called in Infinite are tied to real money, but if Infinite uses season points for unlocks like MCC those could be fun to gamble with.

> 2670661386182421;3:
> It gets tricky from a legal sense if credits or whatever they’re called in Infinite are tied to real money

these currency could easily tied to

• exp - milestones - ranks - achievements - medalsAnd even buying it with real money.
    As long as you cant cash out, how is that gambling?
    You can buy exp in every F2P game, so why is this different?

> 2533274793250636;1:
> What if you can bet ingame currency against other players or the game outcome?
> Would that spice up the game for you?
>
> Excample
>
>
>
> 1. you bet 1 coin on win. get on if you do, lose one if you dont
> 2. you bet on a specific individual outcome: make most kills/killstreak/etc
> The game could give us some categories with odds.
> Just like sportsbetting just for our own gameplay.
> I would LOVE it. Gives the outcome so much more meaning compared to random outcomes due to random teammates.
> A win would mean something now.
>

>
> Of course real money betting isnt allowed so the currency could only be use for special armour or cosmetics.
> But think about a golden version from every available armor. even if it can only used in custom games or the profile.

In certain markets this will just end up being a total no go due to gambling laws and for that reason it’s not getting off the ground.

> 2535449976520576;2:
> there would have to be a complete disconnect from the betting currency and real money, otherwise it’s no different from gambling real money. It might be a fun idea though, I haven’t heard this idea before!

Black Ops 1 had wager matches similar to this idea

I like your idea. Lots of racing games have had this in the past and this type of betting in Halo could work well to provide an incentive for players to play well. Plus, it can be fun to gain virtual currency.

As for buying tokens with real money, this would literally be gambling. It doesn’t matter if you can cash out or not, you would still be putting forth money that you stand to lose in order to potentially gain something. Additionally, this would only give a developer more incentive to tie the betting system directly to progression. Whenever a system involving real money gets involved, a company is going to do whatever possible to get people to buy into it. The REQ system is a great example of this. Governments and consumers are becoming more and more aware of these practices, which is why you will notice recent games have thankfully been free of such filth.

> 2533274793250636;4:
> > 2670661386182421;3:
> > It gets tricky from a legal sense if credits or whatever they’re called in Infinite are tied to real money
>
> these currency could easily tied to
> - exp - milestones - ranks - achievements - medalsAnd even buying it with real money.
> As long as you cant cash out, how is that gambling?
> You can buy exp in every F2P game, so why is this different?

If you use money to buy the credits and then use those credits to bet, that’s 100% gambling. Especially if you can cash out. The government would definitely have to place regulations on It, if they allowed it at all.

I don’t think it’s a good idea because people would throw the game if they’re invested in one side winning.

It would be worse than rage quitting

I’d much rather have boosts from Halo 5.

> 2533274816803169;9:
> people would throw the game if they’re invested in one side winning.

easy fix: penaltys for frequent quitting.
double the amount you bet is gone

quitting penaltys should be a thing in general.

> 2533274793250636;11:
> > 2533274816803169;9:
> > people would throw the game if they’re invested in one side winning.
>
> easy fix: penaltys for frequent quitting.
> double the amount you bet is gone
>
> quitting penaltys should be a thing in general.

They would throw the game more. It’s also F2P MP, so your solution would ironically incentivize bot accounts. This is an all around pretty bad idea.

You essentially are already betting CSR each game and this forces you to not be able to bet against yourself (which solves the throwing problem pointed out above). If they offered cosmetics for reaching certain ranks (like some rewards in MCC) then the system is pretty much there.

i dont get why someone would think that people who care to win, would care less, if there is an extra incentive…
all around the world its the opposite: the betting increases the involvement.
people bet on sports they dont watch normally and suddenly they care after they bet on it.
there are pokersites where people pay real money to get play money, just to compete.

thats why we have ranks, medals, armors and all of a sudden statistics.
people like to compare themselves to others and try to get catch up.
if the risk reward goes up, the involvement goes up. its human nature.

> 2533274793250636;14:
> i dont get why someone would think that people who care to win, would care less, if there is an extra incentive…
> all around the world its the opposite: the betting increases the involvement.
> people bet on sports they dont watch normally and suddenly they care after they bet on it.
> there are pokersites where people pay real money to get play money, just to compete.
>
> thats why we have ranks, medals, armors and all of a sudden statistics.
> people like to compare themselves to others and try to get catch up.
> if the risk reward goes up, the involvement goes up. its human nature.

1. In IRL, we bet on boxers because we’re not the coach, nor are we the boxer. It’s different if a boxer is betting on himself to win or lose because ultimately it’s his career. In poker the name of the game is gambling for yourself against others and therefore there are set parameters around how you and others can play poker with each other.

2. This is a team MP; I personally don’t even want to think about my teammates quitting a Team based videogame because they could earn more E-Buck trash. I’m here to win, and win with my team.

Betting would maybe be acceptable in 1v1 rounds, but in a team match? No danka.

> 2670661386182421;8:
> > 2533274793250636;4:
> > > 2670661386182421;3:
> > > It gets tricky from a legal sense if credits or whatever they’re called in Infinite are tied to real money
> >
> > these currency could easily tied to
> > - exp - milestones - ranks - achievements - medalsAnd even buying it with real money.
> > As long as you cant cash out, how is that gambling?
> > You can buy exp in every F2P game, so why is this different?
>
> If you use money to buy the credits and then use those credits to bet, that’s 100% gambling. Especially if you can cash out. The government would definitely have to place regulations on It, if they allowed it at all.

Yea tying money to the system at all would be very dangerous ethically and legally. Honestly even if the system was separate microtransactions being tied to it would already be a shady look if gambling is involved. I don’t feel that the features are all that necessary but admit the idea is fairly novel.

I’d just bet on the enemy team, then tank the match.

That’s my XP grind sorted :wink:

At this moment in time I think it’s a bad idea. It’s gambling and the gaming industry is already under a microscope with loot crates, this idea just adds another problem for 343i to navigate. Add to that the problem with players throwing matches and you have issues. If someone wins all the time they could gain a lot from the occasional loss.

Then there’s the rating. I remember playing Texas Hold 'em, it’s a harmless poker game with no real world money and it’s rated 18. Halo Infinite would probably be rated the same. I’m not against the idea, I quite like it and I’ve always wanted an 18+ Halo, but not for gambling, I want a mature gaming experience that reflects the books I’ve read.

Interesting idea, but an idea that’s more complicated than it first seems imo.

I sure hope they do not.

Betting and gambling does not fit in the Halo universe or gameplay at all.

I’d rather they spend the effort in the main game modes, or by adding something new that fits the game. And I hope this is for more coop game modes

possibly could earn you season pass points, like in MCC or xp like in halo 5, where you get xp or rp based on if you win or not