I'd say Halo 4 has a chance at a good population count.

Hey, all.
Short, but sweet.
As a lot of us know, Halo: Reach is seen as a sub-par Halo game. (Not my personal opinion, but many others’.)
I had read a thread a while back about Halo 4 being a top-5 contender, when it comes to population count on Xbox-live.
so, I decided to look up on Major Nelson’s blog.
Here’s what I found.
So, Halo: Reach has been recently placed on the Top 5th most popular Xbox 360 title played over Xbox Live. If Halo: Reach didn’t do as well as some of it’s predecessor’s population wise, but still claims 5th place, I have faith that Halo 4 could potentially be a contender for the Top 3.
Thoughts?

Correct me if I’m wrong but - Halo 3 was number one… For two three years.

Halo 3, those were the days…

Good to know Reach finally beat out MODERN WARFARE 2…X/

Anywho, I think Halo 4 has a chance at #3. There will always be more CoD players, but I think it can beat out Battlefield and FIFA.

> Correct me if I’m wrong but - Halo 3 was number one… For two three years.

The market for games has grown since those days.
Especially with the over-saturation of shooter titles.

I think it will just because master chief is back and its been a game we have been waiting for awhie since the ending of halo 3… Well for me at least…

> I think it will just because master chief is back and its been a game we have been waiting for awhie since the ending of halo 3… Well for me at least…

I suppose for a fraction of Halo fans, but, for me, and along with many other people, a good game is simply a good game.

Im just excited because its a halo game lol…

Modern Warfare 3 Number 1 ?!?!?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5mLjKI968g

Anyway, Halo 4 has a great chance to be at least number 3 because it’s the sequel of the third game.

As long as they don’t mess up they’ll be fine especially since people are hoping for something better than reach. They’re in a good position to get a large population because i think people lost faith in bungie and they might seem like hope since they are bungie just mostly with more halo dedicated members. it also follows the line of all the halo games that turned out good( its not a spinoff or prequel) but either way as long as it turns out good enough ill be fine with it

Well, obviously. Halo’s an FPS. FPS’s sell, and sell big.

Halo’s huge. It’s been played by millions of people and has a sizeable loyal fanbase (just look at H4’s pre-order numbers).

It’s Halo 4, not Halo Spin-off Story 4. The Master Chief is back, and it’s the start of a new trilogy.

Some people aren’t going to come back, based on Reach’s experience or they just got tired of Halo’s formula or whatever. However, I feel that most people who’ve played a previous Halo will come back, and because it’s a new trilogy more new players will come in.

Yep I think it will be huge…