Id like to fight Bungie AND 343 Elites in campaign

Probably a bit of a weird topic, I know. But hear me out. In the classic Halo games (aka CE/2/2A/3/Wars/Reach) the Elites are slim and fast, having been inspired by Xenomorphs. In the cutscenes, like this one, they’re fast and agile, and in gameplay, they’re also quite fast, noticeably strafing a lot and using more than one weapon against you as well as a number of melee attacks. Then in Halo 4 and 5, the Elites are HUGE. They’re so muscular and slow, probably as some attempt to appease those who missed the Brutes. They’re slow and kind of sloppy in combat in cutscenes, like this one, and they’re obviously very strong and bulky. They jump to the side occasionally, but they feel more lethargic.

Now, in terms of actual gameplay, Classic Halo elites, with their fast strafing and diverse arsenal were more interesting to fight against than the slow or completely static 4/5 Elites. BUT, if the traditional Elites -slender and quick- were put back into the game, as well as some slower, bulkier and physically stronger Elites… well, it’d just result in a more diverse group of enemies to fight. It’d make Elite encounters more interesting, to see these two castes use their strengths with each other. Of course they wouldn’t be as… brutish as Brutes, but they could be the sort of halfway point between traditional Elites and Brutes, combining the combat traits of both.

Just a thought, pls no witch hunt

Interesting idea but you have to remember that 343i can only put so many models into a game.

> 2535442485897712;2:
> Interesting idea but you have to remember that 343i can only put so many models into a game.

I’m sure that they’re more than capable of having more Elite models with altered AI if they can manage several thousand REQ’s with different models and effects.

5 extra models with different ai sets requires more data than a few reskins with slightly altered funtions.

> 2535442485897712;4:
> 5 extra models with different ai sets requires more data than a few reskins with slightly altered funtions.

True, but I doubt the engine would struggle with that. Of course they’d have to be wary of engine limitations, but I don’t think a new enemy would be all that demanding, seeing as Halo has always had a rather robust engine.

A bit off topic, but since recently watching the cinematic teaser where Agent Locke meets the Arbiter, I notice the elite models from H2A, as well the differences in Arbiter’s armor from his appearance in Halo 5. Most notably I realized he did not have the face guard as in Halo 5, and though I wished they kept it like this, I reasoned they must have added it because the current model of elites would have disgrace the Arbiter’s appearance, if we saw he had the same face as other elites.

In regards to these two distinctly different groups of Sangheili.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

> 2533274883669557;7:
> In regards to these two distinctly different groups of Sangheili.
>
> :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I consider myself somewhat of an equal opportunist :stuck_out_tongue:

> 2535442485897712;2:
> Interesting idea but you have to remember that 343i can only put so many models into a game.

Honestly, it’s not as big of an issue as you seem to say. The game can literally handle as many models as you want it to, more models would just mean a bigger game size. The only thing that it would take is more manpower, but again, I don’t see why it’s that big of an issue. They have the Halo 2 Anniversary Elite models, textures and whatnot laying around, why not use them?

If they can create a hundred different Spartan armours with skins, and different undersuits for each Fireteam Osiris member, they can port Halo 2 Anniversary Elites into their future games.

> 2533274849069111;8:
> > 2533274883669557;7:
> > In regards to these two distinctly different groups of Sangheili.
> >
> > :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
>
> I consider myself somewhat of an equal opportunist :stuck_out_tongue:

lol. Me too. I just spent … well, let’s just say way too long making that meme for one dumb joke.