Id guy got in the BFG from doom into Halo4.

So I’m watching the new promethean weapon trailer and lo and behold we got a ghetto blaster to fight with. Did you see that thing? It takes up the entire right side of the screen. It reminds me of the BFG that shoots homing energy missiles instead of a single burst. It’s just one more subtle design where you can see the direct influence of Id working itself into Halo. Before you say what are you talking about just watch the video and when the portable side wall of death shows up you’ll know what I’m talking about when it comes to Doom and it’s signature mega weapon.

Is that bad thing? I really don’t think so, but it’s interesting to see the Doom feel coming to Halo.

Doom didn’t cross my mind at all when I saw that forerunner rocket launcher shotgun flamethrower

In the campaign live-stream, there were portals that reminded me of Turok 1 and 2.Maybe they are drawing inspiration from multiple games and adding their own unique twist onto it.

I don’t see a resemblance at all:

Here’s Full weapon model picks:

Incinerator Cannon (Halo 4)

BFG 9000 (Doom/Doom2 Top, Doom 3 Bottom)

BFG 9000 (Doom 64)

BFG 10K (Quake 2)

BFG 10K (Quake 3)

And here’s First Person views:

Incinerator Cannon (Halo 4)

BFG 9000 (Doom/Doom 2)

BFG 9000 (Doom 64)

BFG 9000 (Doom 3)

BFG 10k (Quake 2)

BFG 10k (Quake 3)

I used to be a BIG Doom/Quake player back in the day and i see no resemblance.

The weapon fires an Impact Cluster Bomb, which has been seen in several games, NONE OF THEM Doom or Quake.

I could say it has more in common with Jet Force Gemini, and that’s a Third Person Shooter.

The title of this thread is misleading.

I thought of these http://www.webclicshoppingmall.com/products_pictures/tac1257946.jpg as it blew up with them all jumping around lol.