Icons from the new Waypoint site!

I was on the Halo 4 Interactive Guide page found here: www.halowaypoint.com/en-US/halo4guide

I was inspecting the element on Chrome to get the links to the images of the new vehicles and I found this:

New Icons

As you can see, there is the usual Halo 4 & Halo: Reach logos, but there are four new ones.

The first one is an envelope.
The second one is a film clip play button that is from Theater mode in-game on Halo 3 & Reach.
The third is a Spartan helmet.
The last one is the Friends icon used on Xbox LIVE.

There are multiple idea from me on what these icons could do:

The envelope could allow you to read Xbox LIVE Messages or Halo Waypoint Forum Messages.
The second icon could actually see the return of video rendering, or some sort of File Share option.
The third could possibly allow us to customise our Spartans on Halo Waypoint itself.
The last one could allow us to see who is currently online on Xbox LIVE through Waypoint similar to what the Halo Waypoint app currently does.

Of course this is pure speculation, but what are your thoughts?

This sounds pretty sweet. I can’t wait to see the new Waypoint update. Wish they’d bloody get away from using Silverlight for their videos, no one likes it. I suppose, since Microsoft created it, it has to be used by 343.

- Jason Garwood

Server Error in ‘/’ Application.

The resource cannot be found.
Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL: /en-US/halo4guide.

Ideally it would be free unlimited video rendering.

did anyone read the story part of the interactive guide?

I think theres a little spoiler in their.

The helmet might be cea

I think they are pretty cool :slight_smile:

Fixed the Interactive Guide link!

Any idea on when this new Waypoint is released?

> Any idea on when this new Waypoint is released?

Before November 6th is all we know, David Ellis hinted that something big is coming early tomorrow (October 30th), so maybe then :slight_smile:

Nice! Thanks for sharing Moa!

PeacE
ShadEO9

Seems like they are embracing some things from bungie.net. Like how we had the icon to tell us who’s online, I can’t remember if it tracked xbox messages. These little things are much helpful.

Came across these whilst gathering some resources for a thing I’m working on, didn’t really speculate upon them, but the friend feature has been in the for ages, but not fully implemented.

From the trailer, you’ll definitely be able to track your friend’s status via the new Waypoint();

> Came across these whilst gathering some resources for a thing I’m working on, didn’t really speculate upon them, but the friend feature has been in the for ages, but not fully implemented.
>
> From the trailer, you’ll definitely be able to track your friend’s status via the new Waypoint();

You can see the Friends Feature in use from a still image from Halo Fest

I’ve always wondered why it was never fully added.

Its pretty sad that i’m getting excited over icons ;_;

> Seems like they are embracing some things from bungie.net. Like how we had the icon to tell us who’s online, I can’t remember if it tracked xbox messages. These little things are much helpful.

It definitely beats keeping Xbox.com open all the time…