I would like

I’ve always been invited in recent years to all flights to test the game and the new halo no? :frowning: why

Because you simply weren’t chosen. I don’t think it’s got anything to do with your invite history, I doubt that’s how they handled invitations. Maybe you’ll get in next time.

Not everyone can be selected. Unfortunately you, like myself, were one of the many who didn’t get invites this time.

Same, it’s completely random with priority towards the oldest Insider members.

> 2533274999848258;4:
> Same, it’s completely random with priority towards the oldest Insider members.

so not completely random then? do you happen to know how heavy is the affect of seniority on the drawing process?

> 2533274999848258;4:
> Same, it’s completely random with priority towards the oldest Insider members.

> 2533274841519598;5:
> > 2533274999848258;4:
> > Same, it’s completely random with priority towards the oldest Insider members.
>
> so not completely random then? do you happen to know how heavy is the affect of seniority on the drawing process?

It’s not random

> Please note that registering as a Halo Insider doesn’t guarantee access to technical previews or pre-release hands-on gameplay tests (“flights”). The number of Insiders being invited, and the criteria by which these Insiders are selected, will vary given the specific scope and goals for a flight. For the tech preview, we have concurrency targets tied to our overall goals that will inform how many total Insiders should be invited. Within that pool of players, our first priority will be ensuring we have a broad distribution of platforms (Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and different PC configurations) and then we will look at overall tenure in the program, prioritizing our longest standing Insiders, until we’ve allocated every invitation.

> 2533274813317074;6:
> > 2533274999848258;4:
> > Same, it’s completely random with priority towards the oldest Insider members.
>
>
>
> > 2533274841519598;5:
> > > 2533274999848258;4:
> > > Same, it’s completely random with priority towards the oldest Insider members.
> >
> > so not completely random then? do you happen to know how heavy is the affect of seniority on the drawing process?
>
> It’s not random
>
>
> > Please note that registering as a Halo Insider doesn’t guarantee access to technical previews or pre-release hands-on gameplay tests (“flights”). The number of Insiders being invited, and the criteria by which these Insiders are selected, will vary given the specific scope and goals for a flight. For the tech preview, we have concurrency targets tied to our overall goals that will inform how many total Insiders should be invited. Within that pool of players, our first priority will be ensuring we have a broad distribution of platforms (Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and different PC configurations) and then we will look at overall tenure in the program, prioritizing our longest standing Insiders, until we’ve allocated every invitation.

Right on, thanks for sharing!

Yea this makes a lot of sense, I used to work for a local university helping out with social research and one thing we had to learn was trying to find ways to mix in “randomness” to avoid human bias while also still ensuring representational demographics otherwise a purely random lot could have a small chance of just giving us all of one walk of life (not very good for research). Tt would make sense that for a technical flight meant to make sure the game can work in a variety of settings a similar approach would be applied.

Surprised seniority is considered all it that case, but I guess as a tie breaker that seems more appropriate.