I would like to propose an idea for space combat in Halo 4.

Okay, here’s how I envision how Halo 4 is going to work in zero-g areas. As we see in Reach all of the maps that have fighting in space are all low gravity, but not zero gravity since when you jump, you eventually come back down to the floor, in true zero-g a single step would send you flying off in the opposite direction. In Halo 4 you would have a thruster pack that you see Chief using in the trailer, this thruster pack has seemingly unlimited fuel in space flight, but would not work at all in normal gravity. This is because on a planet with oh say, the equivelant of Earth gravity Master Chief would weigh about a ton, in space however he would be virtually weightless and therefore would be much easier to push with a thruster.

In normal gravity movement in Halo will be as has always been, but when you go into space you will automatically start to float off, but when you have your unlimited fuel thruster pack you can easily move up, down, side-to-side, and turn, the controls would be similar to how a fighter jet would be except moving slower. So that way we could have full space combat using seraphs, longswords, space banshees, and space falcons/hornets and still be able to eject and have infantry out in space. Does anyone else think that this could work?

Note: Since there is no air in space, there is no sound, so when you actually use your thruster pack, you won’t hear it and it won’t vibrate your controller.

That would be fun in mutiplayer :3

> That would be fun in mutiplayer :3

That was the plan.

You know, it also occured to me that this would also be good for firefight, imagine fighting elites in space, and slowly drifting to a seraph to jack it (or board it and shove a grenade in its tailpipe, whichever way 343 decides to go with it.).

> You know, it also occured to me that this would also be good for firefight, imagine fighting elites in space, and slowly drifting to a seraph to jack it (or board it and shove a grenade in its tailpipe, whichever way 343 decides to go with it.).

Wouldn’t we be allies with them in Halo 4?

> > You know, it also occured to me that this would also be good for firefight, imagine fighting elites in space, and slowly drifting to a seraph to jack it (or board it and shove a grenade in its tailpipe, whichever way 343 decides to go with it.).
>
> Wouldn’t we be allies with them in Halo 4?

Oh yeah, brutes then, and whatever junker of a spaceship they can throw together.

What i was thinking for Zero-G controls would be forward, backwards, and side to side would still work normally, but adjusting altitude you would aim up or down and press forward in that direction. Also you could do flips if you just held down or up.

> What i was thinking for Zero-G controls would be forward, backwards, and side to side would still work normally, but adjusting altitude you would aim up or down and press forward in that direction. Also you could do flips if you just held down or up.

That’s what I meant, but I hadn’t considered the flip part, but since I guess if there’s no gravity there’s also no upside-down or right-side up either.

Imagine the new gametypes! Awesome idea.

It would probably be a little difficult to learn at first, but it would bring a whole new strategy and element to Halo that hasn’t been seen in a video game before (that I know of). Zero G fighting in matchmaking? That could be really cool.

However, in space, you move a lot slower (unless the thruster is really powerful) so it would be easy to kill someone when they’re moving at a slow speed. Also, you’d have to have slightly seperate controls from Zero G battle than in normal battle, given you know have to control your thruster. Maybe the thruster controls can operate like a vehicles? When I think Zero G, I think Mass Effect. That would how it would work essentially.

no.

> Imagine the new gametypes! Awesome idea.
>
> It would probably be a little difficult to learn at first, but it would bring a whole new strategy and element to Halo that hasn’t been seen in a video game before (that I know of). Zero G fighting in matchmaking? That could be really cool.
>
> However, in space, you move a lot slower (unless the thruster is really powerful) so it would be easy to kill someone when they’re moving at a slow speed. Also, you’d have to have slightly seperate controls from Zero G battle than in normal battle, given you know have to control your thruster. Maybe the thruster controls can operate like a vehicles? When I think Zero G, I think Mass Effect. That would how it would work essentially.

It couldn’t be any harder than flying a falcon.

> no.

I may not agree with your opinion, but I’ll fight till the game ends for your right to express it.

I’m sure they could combine the typical button controls with Forge monitor movement somehow… Except you don’t auto-stop when you stop thrusting.

> I’m sure they could combine the typical button controls with Forge monitor movement somehow… Except you don’t auto-stop when you stop thrusting.

Yeah, with that you would kind of have to press back until you slow down to a near stop.