I wonder...

With Halo 5’s large size, and taking an unacceptable amount of memory, I wonder if 343 Industries purposely left out many popular game modes in exchange for the incredibly large req system and forge mode. We all know each update is mostly “new” items for the req system, that take up memory along with the added maps and/or game modes. I believe that within the planning of these updates, 343 prioritized the req system over maps and game modes, knowing that added reqs will increase Halo 5’s storage size and leaving just enough room to add a few select game modes. I will also go as far as saying that during the development of Halo 5, 343 kept in mind that they wanted to add more items to the req system post launch knowing doing so will increase the amount of storage Halo 5 will take up. To compensate, they decided to not include “less popular” and “smaller” modes at launch.(This is not necessarily true). I think if 343 did decide to leave out some game modes in order to allow further expansion of the req system, they might of underestimated the amount of space each new req takes up, causing Halo 5’s current size with all the updates.
*The preceding is just speculation based off of observation of the current state of the game. None of these statements should be perceived as true.