I wonder...

Incoming plot spoilers.

I wonder how likely it is that somehow Halsey and Cortana are working together to mislead everyone. Halsey is a great liar, and obviously Cortana is based off of her. Maybe this version of Cortana isn’t the original one we grew up with, and is somehow a copy Halsey made.

She did say she wanted revenge at the end of Spartan Ops, and it would kind of explain why she was even really involved with Halo5, or how she even knew (or figured out) it was Cortana causing mischief with the Guardians.

I could be wrong though…

Interesting idea. Only thing is Cortana seemed to have utter hatred for Halsey with the post-Genesis cutscene. But who knows you might be right.

maybe

> 2533274852660538;2:
> Interesting idea. Only thing is Cortana seemed to have utter hatred for Halsey with the post-Genesis cutscene. But who knows you might be right.

I thought that too but if Halsey is capable of lying to the extent she has, maybe Cortana also can? It was mentioned that she changed. To what extent I wonder?

Interesting Idea.

Highly unlikely.

Chief is Coraline. Cortana is Other-Mother.

I keep saying that Halsey is the most dangerous entity in the universe , no one seems to get that . I mean look what’s jumped for from her Intellect Alone Cortana, Portland program , what other black site projects as she had in the work over the years. You could compare her to the scientists who devised a nuclear bomb , she’s the one that let the cat out of the bag.

It is possible.

They aren’t working together. Halsey gains nothing by having Cortana kill millions with her Guardians, Halsey gains nothing by having Blue Team locked in a Cryptum for 10,000 years and this not able to see Chief. Really, your ideas essentially hinge on the fact 343 did a poor job explaining things in the game.

> 2533274812652989;10:
> They aren’t working together. Halsey gains nothing by having Cortana kill millions with her Guardians, Halsey gains nothing by having Blue Team locked in a Cryptum for 10,000 years and this not able to see Chief. Really, your ideas essentially hinge on the fact 343 did a poor job explaining things in the game.

Well there is that. I think the basis of my theory (if you wanna call it that), rests more on the idea that Halsey might not care either. I mean the motivation behind the Spartan program was, what, sacrifice a few for the sake of Billions? So Cortana kills a couple million people with the Guardians. The rest fall in line and suddenly Halsey (and Cortana) has gained in an interesting position of power. She’s made choices like that before. It does rests on how Halsey found out about Cortana’s shenanigans with the guardians in the first place though.

Like I said, maybe I’m wrong.

> 2533274827073747;1:
> Incoming plot spoilers.
>
>
>
>
>
> I wonder how likely it is that somehow Halsey and Cortana are working together to mislead everyone. Halsey is a great liar, and obviously Cortana is based off of her. Maybe this version of Cortana isn’t the original one we grew up with, and is somehow a copy Halsey made.
>
> She did say she wanted revenge at the end of Spartan Ops, and it would kind of explain why she was even really involved with Halo5, or how she even knew (or figured out) it was Cortana causing mischief with the Guardians.
>
> I could be wrong though…
>

I am very convinced there is a lot to the story that did not get told in H5. Like for example the cut scene with Halsey at the beginning of the game. That is never explained. But I have a little different theory. I think Halsey knows Cortana is being manipulated. So she is trying to get her back so to speak. I think the Didact or Gravemind is responsible and is controlling Cortana.

> 2533274827073747;11:
> > 2533274812652989;10:
> > They aren’t working together. Halsey gains nothing by having Cortana kill millions with her Guardians, Halsey gains nothing by having Blue Team locked in a Cryptum for 10,000 years and this not able to see Chief. Really, your ideas essentially hinge on the fact 343 did a poor job explaining things in the game.
>
>
> Well there is that. I think the basis of my theory (if you wanna call it that), rests more on the idea that Halsey might not care either. I mean the motivation behind the Spartan program was, what, sacrifice a few for the sake of Billions? So Cortana kills a couple million people with the Guardians. The rest fall in line and suddenly Halsey (and Cortana) has gained in an interesting position of power. She’s made choices like that before. It does rests on how Halsey found out about Cortana’s shenanigans with the guardians in the first place though.
>
> Like I said, maybe I’m wrong.

Except Halsey abandoned that “few for the many” mindset well before Cortana was created, even with the Spartans. She may be able to acknowledge that the Spartans saved lives, as they did, and that their development will help humanity for the future, as it is with the Spartan-IVs, but that doesn’t mean she still justifies it as sacrificing the few to save the many. Cortana killing millions of people who have done her no harm and were just living their lives in no way fosters peace nor does it mean people are going to just fall in line.

> 2533274812652989;13:
> > 2533274827073747;11:
> > > 2533274812652989;10:
> > > They aren’t working together. Halsey gains nothing by having Cortana kill millions with her Guardians, Halsey gains nothing by having Blue Team locked in a Cryptum for 10,000 years and this not able to see Chief. Really, your ideas essentially hinge on the fact 343 did a poor job explaining things in the game.
> >
> >
> > Well there is that. I think the basis of my theory (if you wanna call it that), rests more on the idea that Halsey might not care either. I mean the motivation behind the Spartan program was, what, sacrifice a few for the sake of Billions? So Cortana kills a couple million people with the Guardians. The rest fall in line and suddenly Halsey (and Cortana) has gained in an interesting position of power. She’s made choices like that before. It does rests on how Halsey found out about Cortana’s shenanigans with the guardians in the first place though.
> >
> > Like I said, maybe I’m wrong.
>
>
> Except Halsey abandoned that “few for the many” mindset well before Cortana was created, even with the Spartans. She may be able to acknowledge that the Spartans saved lives, as they did, and that their development will help humanity for the future, as it is with the Spartan-IVs, but that doesn’t mean she still justifies it as sacrificing the few to save the many. Cortana killing millions of people who have done her no harm and were just living their lives in no way fosters peace nor does it mean people are going to just fall in line.

Haha, well I didn’t say her plan was going to work :stuck_out_tongue:

> 2533274825101441;12:
> > 2533274827073747;1:
> > Incoming plot spoilers.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > I wonder how likely it is that somehow Halsey and Cortana are working together to mislead everyone. Halsey is a great liar, and obviously Cortana is based off of her. Maybe this version of Cortana isn’t the original one we grew up with, and is somehow a copy Halsey made.
> >
> > She did say she wanted revenge at the end of Spartan Ops, and it would kind of explain why she was even really involved with Halo5, or how she even knew (or figured out) it was Cortana causing mischief with the Guardians.
> >
> > I could be wrong though…
> >

>
>
> I am very convinced there is a lot to the story that did not get told in H5. Like for example the cut scene with Halsey at the beginning of the game. That is never explained. But I have a little different theory. I think Halsey knows Cortana is being manipulated. So she is trying to get her back so to speak. I think the Didact or Gravemind is responsible and is controlling Cortana.

Also possible. I also feel like a lot of H5 didn’t get told.