I wish we could have a pelican in multiplayer!

I mean how cool would that be to use in BTB CTF?? I remember seeing a leaked photo of the pelican being used in halo multiplayer years ago.I could just picture how fun it would be to have a dropship drop off a small squad at the enemy base to steal flag. Then the pelican flys away to avoid being blown up because weapons are taken off pelican for balancing reasons. Then when the flag is captured the pelican attempts to come back and pick up the 3-4 players capturing the flag and bring them back to the base to score the flag. It would call for an intense scenario since almost all fire would be focused on the pelican since its so big. Or it could be used to just transport players to different areas of the map where they could be dropped in. Getting dropped on a vehicle to hijack would also be kinda cool and achievement or medal worthy!

Something like that would be too much of a clutch for a team, as it would be an easy ticket to the enemy base for objective games. A flyable Pelican wouldn’t be the best idea either. While it may have some serious armor and more than enough punch to go with it, it’s a huge aerial target that is easy prey for the many potent anti-vehicle weapons out there.

If there was it would have to be on a huge map like Altar but even then it doesn’t sound like a good idea.

what if it was on certain maps and both teams had one that once destroyed was gone forever. Kinda like the elephants in halo 3 were specific to one map but in this case the pelicans would be destructible and would re-spawn.

It would be fun sadly halos maps are too small for a pelican. If they had giant btb maps maybe. Custom games could work

I would prefer a falcon!
It’s never too late, one more update coming we might get it.

It would only work if the flag/bomb runner was completely exposed to gunfire. Otherwise, it would be too easy to fly back and forth across the map.

> 2727626560040591;7:
> It would only work if the flag/bomb runner was completely exposed to gunfire. Otherwise, it would be too easy to fly back and forth across the map.

Yea the back would be open and like a rocket or a couple of tank blasts would bring it down

I think it’d be best if it was just a falcon with a passenger seat so that flag carriers could get on it with room for people on the sides with the turrets.

The Pelican really has no place in multiplayer except maybe in Forge and just fooling around in custom games… it could be fun to fly in a campaign mission- which 343i did do in Halo 4- but that mission really fell short of flying missions in other Halo games, most notably New Alexandria in Halo: Reach.

> 2535429593088083;2:
> Something like that would be too much of a clutch for a team, as it would be an easy ticket to the enemy base for objective games. A flyable Pelican wouldn’t be the best idea either. While it may have some serious armor and more than enough punch to go with it, it’s a huge aerial target that is easy prey for the many potent anti-vehicle weapons out there.

WE’RE LOOKING AT YOU S’PLAZER!

It would have to be a huge battle honestly, like bigger than warzone kinda huge. I can just see a pilot flying in on the beginning of the match shouting into his mic “drop zone inbound!” That would be SO cool.

In star wars battlefront (Original) there were a few maps that allowed you to pilot gunships and transport foot solders. That’s kind of where my idea comes from anyways.

> 2533274847563380;11:
> > 2535429593088083;2:
> > Something like that would be too much of a clutch for a team, as it would be an easy ticket to the enemy base for objective games. A flyable Pelican wouldn’t be the best idea either. While it may have some serious armor and more than enough punch to go with it, it’s a huge aerial target that is easy prey for the many potent anti-vehicle weapons out there.
>
> In star wars battlefront (Original) there were a few maps that allowed you to pilot gunships and transport foot solders. That’s kind of where my idea comes from anyways.

Exactly what I mean!