I will sell my soul to 343 if they put Dedicated Servers in Halo 4

Seriously, please get some dedicated servers. It’s the year 2012, why are we still using a system that was developed in 2002?

I’ll get that Satanic book made of human skin, then. You must bathe in sheep blood before the rite, however…

Sell my soul for a video game? I want dedicated servers, but I’m not “selling my soul” for them.

Do you really think they will pay for dedicated servers? This business is about making money. What that means is if they would put dedicated servers in the game they would lose a lot of money with such a hugh fanbase. What they already know is that people will still buy the game even though it’s not dedicated servers in it. People will complain as always but it’s really not hurting them because they are not the only one doing it, 99% of all Xbox games r using p2p.

It would be nice but the chances of it really happening are tiny.

You must be a very dedicated fan.

Gonna sound like a newb here but oh well…
What are dedicated servers?

> You must be a very <mark>dedicated</mark> fan.

Nah I don’t think that’s the right word for this. Idk desperate, but anything but dedicated xD.

> Gonna sound like a newb here but oh well…
> What are dedicated servers?

Dedicated Servers
P2P, What most games are using

[deleted]

> > Gonna sound like a newb here but oh well…
> > What are dedicated servers?
>
> Dedicated Servers
> P2P, What most games are using

Ok, so what do dedicated servers do? Give you better connection in games?

> How much do dedicated servers cost to put up? I wonder if the Waypoint community would collectively be willing to pitch in to have them built if 343 doesn’t make them.

Many people playing the game means A LOT more servers would have to be made, with A LOT more money to run them, with A LOT more problems that can result in the process.

I don’t know the exact number but it wouls cost a lot and based on how may player that will play Halo 4 I’d say it’s not possible.

What dedicated serves does is that it won’t give host advantages, everyone will have a good connection and you won’t see any: Oh snap I shot him first but he still killed me even though he should have been dead.

> > > Gonna sound like a newb here but oh well…
> > > What are dedicated servers?
> >
> > Dedicated Servers
> > P2P, What most games are using
>
> Ok, so what do dedicated servers do? Give you better connection in games?

Dedicated servers are regional specific servers located in different warehouses and countries for a more direct and responding connection with faster speeds due to the fact that they are almost always running high data speeds and are run on fibre optic cables.

> > > Gonna sound like a newb here but oh well…
> > > What are dedicated servers?
> >
> > Dedicated Servers
> > P2P, What most games are using
>
> Ok, so what do dedicated servers do? Give you better connection in games?

They are servers that are dedicated to only hosting matches. Dedicated servers provide a much smoother connection then Peer-to-Peer or single player-host connection.

Here’s the wiki-page:Dedicated game server.

Also, Gears of War 3 has dedicated servers (Or so they say). Dedicated servers may cost alot of money, but it is well worth it. Perhaps they could make it for only the most populated playlists, or make it some pay service like bungie pro was. Pay like $15 a year for dedicated servers? I wouldn’t mind shelling out that money.

PS: The soul thing was a joke. I’m an agnostic so I really don’t believe in some floaty, orb looking, ghost soul thing. But hell, if I am wrong, then I am going to hell so you all can get dedicated servers, in which case it was worth it :smiley: