I will admit, I am starting to hate DMR users

It is getting very tiresome fighting people who just camp in windows, using nothing but a DMR.

I’m pretty sure we all know about its stupid high magnatism and its spammablility.

Yes, I know, I used the DMR, but that was just to see how it is (it is part of my grenadier loadout) and not because I like it.

Anbody else getting sick of them?

Welcome to Halo 4.

Nah, I destroyed them with my Carbine when I still played.

“Still played” being the operative words.

Welcome to the club, buddy.

I still destroy them alot with my BR and the Boltshot if they get too close (I’m helping my team in Slayer with it, so leave me alone!) and I sometimes destroy them at long range with a BR but they’re probably terrible. I only use the DMR in SWAT btw, I need the accuracy.

Yes, me.

I usually don’t camp when using the dmr.

> It is getting very tiresome fighting people who just camp in windows, using nothing but a DMR.
>
> I’m pretty sure we all know about its stupid high magnatism and its spammablility.
>
> Yes, I know, I used the DMR, but that was just to see how it is (it is part of my grenadier loadout) and not because I like it.
>
> Anbody else getting sick of them?

I can’t hate the player. The player is just taking advantage of the tool made available to them by the developer. The developer is the one to blame.

However, the DMR, itself, is undeniably more overpowered than ALL of the precision weapons.

I think it’s even more over-powered than the LR at long-range because of the magnetism. The LR zoomed-in has no magnetism, whatsoever.

I honestly think the DMR shouldn’t be in Halo 5, though it’s too late to remove it from 4. Any single-shot weapon that deals that much damage per shot, regardless of fire rate, kills map movement and doesn’t work well with Halo. Try going back to Reach and playing on any remake map with 0% bloom DMR’s, no armor abilities, and Halo 2-esque movement settings, and it will not play well at all. It makes that big a difference.

Come Halo 5 (in my opinion), the DMR should be removed, and the Carbine (which should be kept an 8-shot kill in this case) given a 3X scope and a recoil reduction to make it fit the DMR’s role.

Just my 2 cents.

DMR damage is fine (5 shot kill compared to 4 shot Light Rife zoomed in), but with lag it gets to 7-8 shots quite a bit. Just turn down/off the magnetism. It drives me crazy when I’m scoped into someone and pop their shields, then another player runs out and my cursor locks on to the new player. That’s cost me so many kills.

Finally, there is greater notice in this issue.

Here is a thread I started a while back which shows the real advantages and disadvantages. Within it there is also a link to another forum which talks about kill times, but are a bit off with the times, but spot on with the differences as they were made 5 months pre-release.

https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postsm1798816_The-Truth-in-DMR-vs-BR.aspx#post1798816

Also, here is a link to magnetism which is complete BS in this game. It is like that one comic of troll science.

Long story short, DMR base kill time is faster than the BR by 0.2-0.3 seconds. It has no recoil, no bloom, faster rof, greater mag size, farther range, and is made more op because of no descope.

> Also, here is a link to magnetism which is complete BS in this game. It is like that one comic of troll science.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWaDwsGb1c0
>
>
> Long story short, DMR base kill time is faster than the BR by 0.2-0.3 seconds. It has no recoil, no bloom, faster rof, greater mag size, farther range, and is made more op because of no descope.

Them feels when people link your videos.

So nice, so nice.

Just now starting. Ha! Welcome to the crowd! I’m tired the hell out of it as well. 343 better be patching the hell out of that thing in the Jan. '13 TU or I’m gonna flip ****!

“The player is just taking advantage of the tool made available to them by the developer. The developer is the one to blame”.

They make the choice to use it.

> “The player is just taking advantage of the tool made available to them by the developer. The developer is the one to blame”.
>
> They make the choice to use it.

But it’s still the developer’s fault for making it like that in the first place. What can be abused, usually is.

> Welcome to Halo 4.

Best reply ever. True on so many levels I almost cryed.

> Welcome to Halo 4.

Otherwise known as “DMR and Boltshot country.”

But no seriously this gun rustled my jimmies into a new plane of existence. I hate the DMR. I absolutely hate that gun.

It’s called a DESIGNATED MARKSMAN RIFLE. Please. I’m a DMR user and although I don’t camp, I feel that it’s legit for anyone using it to camp. That’s what a marksman is supposed to do, isn’t it? Sure, it’s easily the most overpowered precision weapon of all, because it’s a DMR. It’s meant to be like that. However if people are complaining about the super magnetism that affects all weapons, yeah I agree with that. Otherwise, I think the DMR works just fine.

> It is getting very tiresome fighting people who just camp in windows, using nothing but a DMR.
>
> I’m pretty sure we all know about its stupid high magnatism and its spammablility.
>
> Yes, I know, I used the DMR, but that was just to see how it is (it is part of my grenadier loadout) and not because I like it.
>
> Anbody else getting sick of them?

I’m with ya. I think they also need to up the br rof a hair and that’s exactly what I mean just a small amount it seems the dmr shoots faster when imo the br should shoot faster because its meant for shorter range than the dmr. I like this game but sometimes the dmr sniping gets excessive when you can’t do anything because the whole team is dmr sniping it gets annoying

Yeah they could tone down the magnatism a little. Its pretty tiresome playing big maps and not being able to move without getting shot down by the dmr.

Why don’t everyone just start using it and stop complaining? Imo it has a perfect killtime and range and should be left untweaked. All the BR fanboys from Halo 3 could either relinquish their crappy glorified three-shot junk or start pushing 343 to boost it but leave the DMR as it is.