I was not able to get the free trial!!

When I signed onto Xbox live Monday morning the only way to access the Crimson Map Pack was to pay 800Msp. Today I learned that people got a free trial. I would have LOVED to try the free trial before I bought the Map pack. I played before the 20th and I downloaded the Specialization Code.

My question is Why was I not allowed a free trial like every one else?

The “free trial” is only a map pack that was downloaded for free days ago, that Microsoft patched up and decided to call it a trial.

> When I signed onto Xbox live Monday morning the only way to access the Crimson Map Pack was to pay 800Msp. Today I learned that people got a free trial. I would have LOVED to try the free trial before I bought the Map pack. I played before the 20th and I downloaded the Specialization Code.
>
> My question is Why was I not allowed a free trial like every one else?

Because the free trial was originally a screw up on Microsoft’s side of the map pack release.

Well this smells like a bunch of COD.

> The “free trial” is only a map pack that was downloaded for free days ago, that Microsoft patched up and decided to call it a trial.

My friend downloaded last night.

You need to download the Specializations from the code sent out to your email and/or XBL message center.

EDIT: After that, you go to Halo 4’s main menu, then click “Xbox Live Marketplace” and Crimson Map Pack should appears as “0 MSP”.

Download it through the Halo 4 menu not the Xbox dashboard.

You bring up a great point OP. I wold have liked to have had the opportunity to trial the map pack as well. I payed 800 Microsoft Points for it, but if they would have announced a “trial” then I would have waited and tried it out. They never announced a trial was going to be released nor did they call it a trial the day of the mess up. They called it a glitch mess up and it was free on them.
Pretty ridiculous they expect anyone to be happy with this cover up.

> You need to download the Specializations from the code sent out to your email and/or XBL message center.
>
> EDIT: After that, you go to Halo 4’s main menu, then click “Xbox Live Marketplace” and Crimson Map Pack should appears as “0 MSP”.

I did that Monday morning and the only way for me to play the map pack was to pay 800msp or get the War Games pass. It was not until the “bugged free download” happened was when the “free-trial” started.