I wanted to kill Diadect!

Not some cheesy animation where I press 4 buttons!

You ramp him up, make him seem like a total badass [He looks cool as hell too]

But then in a 20 second animation you kil him with buttons?

I was expexting a boss fight like Tartarus in Halo 2

So you expect Cheif to win a 1v1 against someone that can throw him around like a basketball?

Yeah I was disappointed too, It should been of him flying around the ball, You shoot it for abit then it opens up and and shoot him to lower his health then repeat, That or just a straight up bridge brawl idk

Anything would of been much better than Cortana doing some Naruto jutsu crap to kill him

> So you expect Cheif to win a 1v1 against someone that can throw him around like a basketball?

No, I was expecting cortana to infiltrate his systems stripping him of those abilities for a nice mono-E-mono fight

Dude, spoilers.

Yeah… sure was a spoiler of an ending lol.

But yeah, QuickTime Events Must DIE!.. At least it wasn’t as bad as it was in Far Cry 3.

I Hate QTE’s… There are just a quick way for a developer to avoid having to do anything really difficult. Also they are a quick way of peeing off the community too.

You want to feel like you have really beaten the opponent, not just pressed a couple of buttons. “Press (A) to Win” should be at the start of the game if that is how the ending is going to go. When I first finished the game I went… “HUH? Is that it?” thinking that possibly there must be another level if it was that easy.

It was the only thing that soured the campaign imho.

Oh yeah, and you meant “Didact” OP.

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/The_Didact

Halo 6.

To be honest I’d have rather seen the Chief defeat him in a cutscene instead of a quick time animation.

He isn’t dead btw.

> So you expect Cheif to win a 1v1 against someone that can throw him around like a basketball?

Quick time events is a poor way of executing anything either way.

It’s not playing, and it’s not a cutscene.

> Dude, spoilers.

Dude, Halo 4 forum, over a month after halo 4s release. Its bound to be spoilers

The really bad thing about the Didact is I kept expecting him to say…

> “Assuming direct control.”

Poor choice of voice actor imho.

> Not some cheesy animation where I press 4 buttons!
>
> You ramp him up, make him seem like a total badass [He looks cool as hell too]
>
> But then in a 20 second animation you kil him with buttons?
>
> I was expexting a boss fight like Tartarus in Halo 2

Yeah I seriously wish video game developers would stop with the whole QTE thing especially Resident Evil. I was really looking forward to having a good fight with the Didact instead we get something similar to fighting the prophets.

> The really bad thing about the Didact is I kept expecting him to say…
>
>
>
> > “Assuming direct control.”
>
> Poor choice of voice actor imho.

Eh, play enough games, and you’ll hear the same voices every where. Steve Blum? That guy is in eeeeeverything.

I did kind of like the Didact, though >.>

While logically this is true, it’s not hard to add a random plot point that would allow for the Chief to pull the Didact into a fight, while Cortana is restraining him.

Chief could throw a punch or something, Cortana’s hold could have drained the Didact’s power so they would be on even terms anddd boom! There you go.

Games don’t go for proper boss fights any more and it’s a shame. I heavily condone Halo 2 for it’s boss fight…even if the sword glitch cheesed it.

I admire Halo for being one of the last great iconic franchises during gamings heyday, and a proper good old fashion boss fight in a 2012 FPS would have continued to reinforce that.

I don’t know, I’m glad they left it at a confrontation instead of a full blown fight. The Didacts the most powerful Forerunner Warrior. I don’t want to see him die in fistycuffs with the Chief when he’s way stronger that.

> > The really bad thing about the Didact is I kept expecting him to say…
> >
> >
> >
> > > “Assuming direct control.”
> >
> > Poor choice of voice actor imho.
>
> Female Shepard in Mass Effect is Spartan Sarah Palmer :slight_smile:

[deleted]

> > > The really bad thing about the Didact is I kept expecting him to say…
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > > “Assuming direct control.”
> > >
> > > Poor choice of voice actor imho.
> >
> > Female Shepard in Mass Effect is Spartan Sarah Palmer :slight_smile:
>
> Which is another reason why it is annoying. Can’t they find more actors with distinctive voices than repeating the same ones over and over.
>
> It’s always the same ones doing the same voices in the same genre too. Might as well call it “Mass Halo Effect 24” and be done with it. Master Chief John Shepard (hell both Shepard and MC are called John). The reason he doesn’t take off his helmet in Halo is because the same digital actor is playing both characters and he doesn’t want to get caught by the taxman.
>
> Heh… just kidding.
>
> Why not use a foreign actor for the Didact and their accent could make the voice sound better. Instead he has an American accent which for someone who has been stuck in a big red ball for millennia is kind of weird.

Yeah, the “final boss” was lame. It also irked me that the first thing you do in the campaign is a quicktime event…

Strange how the game bookended itself with quicktimes