I Want To Play A Classic Playlist Not MLG 2.0

This is in regards to Team Throwdown.

(To any 343i employees reading this, please note I’m not trying to outright request anything, just take what is written below into consideration).

Currently it’s supposed to be the current classic-esque playlist. Stripped down gameplay, static weapon spawns, no random stuff, gametypes as similar as they can get to the old school stuff.

But in reality it’s MLG 2.0. You hired a former MLG player (BravoMLG) and it seems contracted another former MLG player/Forger(GH057ayame) to make the maps/game types.

That’s cool and all but I never liked playing MLG playlists to begin with. And apparently a vast majority of us don’t since at peak times it can barely draw in over 800 people.

The thing is, I don’t want to play MLG 2.0 at all. I want to play something similar to Social/Team Slayer from Halo 3. Why? Because they had slayer and objectives meshed together. They were simple and predictable. You never had a random camo dude sniping you and his buddy flying up and hitting you with rockets.

From who you’ve been throwing your money at, the changes they have made reflect what they are and their history. But my problem is I feel like a little child stuck between two divorcing parents and no one is paying attention to what we really want while you all are projecting what you think we want onto us.

How about you hire some people who have played the game forever but never played competitively? I’m thinking they know more what the social people want over the MLG people you hired. But you know what? I would work for free if it meant restoring at least some part of this game to what Halo used to be. I already know how far it is to drive to the 343i studio and would gladly give my two cents.

But at the moment a proper TU and making a good beta playlist for a good social/competitive’ish playlist would be great as well. I just want old CTF, assault and oddball. Hell VIP would be nice too.

-Edit-

To clarify a few things I will spell it out here.

“Thus far we have had two playlists meant to fill the niche for classics. Correct me if I’m wrong but it was Slayer Pro and Team Throwdown.”

The disturbing thing about that is all the classic content we are getting is tailored to pro’s when they are the minority. I’m not saying they should be ignored; no, they should have their playlist. But they’ve had two playlists built for them so far and we haven’t even had our classic playlist yet.

While I dont think it will draw a huge population, it would be nice to see a classic playlist in every Halo released. Throwdown appears to be an attempt to find the middle ground between Infinity and MLG and seems to appeal to very few people.

I always thought it would be cool to make a Halo 2 DLC for Halo 4, similar to Halo CE for Reach.

> While I dont think it will draw a huge population, it would be nice to see a classic playlist in every Halo released. Throwdown appears to be an attempt to find the middle ground between Infinity and MLG and seems to appeal to very few people.
>
> I always thought it would be cool to make a Halo 2 DLC for Halo 4, similar to Halo CE for Reach.

I think a true classic playlist would do quite well actually. If it had a good slayer/objective distinction along with everything that we loved in Halo 2/3.

The reason I liked Throwdown was you’re not constantly dealing with OP DMR harassing you, CTF works better with no AA/Ordinance and has nicer settings.

My problem is pretty much most of the people who play it are die hard try-hards. If you don’t play in a team, most of the people drop out.

And the no radar is kind of annoying, but the skill gap, with so few people playing most of the time you run into MLG people and the playlist isn’t friendly to people who are only half-decent.

Needs to happen IMO. I was always expecting Halo 4 to be some sort of middle ground between Halo 3 and Reach. I accepted the fact that Halo Reach was going to have an affect on the series, but thought 343 would be true to their word and and make Halo 4 a sequel to Halo 3…

Then I heard about ordnance prelaunch and -Yoink- myself.

At this point I would be happy for a Reach playlist, with predictable if not completely even starts and no ordnance, default sprint, or instant respawn.

But we have to keep fighting for a classic playlist.

I recently posted a thread where I laid out a playlist configuration that features a classic playlist. It’s more of a wish list, because I doubt 343 would ever implement it. But if I had to pick only one thing to add it would be a classic social playlist.

> This is in regards to Team Throwdown.
>
> Currently it’s supposed to be the current classic-esque playlist. Stripped down gameplay, static weapon spawns, no random stuff, gametypes as similar as they can get to the old school stuff.
>
> But in reality it’s MLG 2.0. You hired a former MLG player (BravoMLG) and it seems contracted another former MLG player/Forger(GH057ayame) to make the maps/game types.
>
> That’s cool and all but I never liked playing MLG playlists. Ever. And apparently a vast majority of us don’t since at peak times it can barely draw in over 800 people.
>
> And the thing is, I don’t want to play MLG 2.0 at all. I want to play something similar to Social/Team Slayer from Halo 3. Why? Because they had slayer and objectives meshed together. They were simple and predictable. You never had a random camo dude sniping you and his buddy flying up and hitting you with rockets.
>
> From who you’ve been throwing your money at the changes they have made reflect what they are and their history. And my problem is I feel like a little child stuck between two divorcing parents and no one is paying attention to what we really want and are just projecting what you think we want.
>
> How about you hire some people who have played the game forever but never played competitively? I’m thinking they know more what the social people want over the MLG people you hired. But you know what? I would work for free if it meant restoring at least some part of this game to what Halo used to be. I already know how far it is to drive to the 343i studio >.>
>
> But at the moment a proper TU and making a good beta playlist for a good social/competitive’ish playlist would be great as well. I just want old CTF, assault and oddball. Hell VIP would be nice too.

Who ever said that team throwdown was going to be a classic playlist. Please tell me.

> This is in regards to Team Throwdown.
>
> Currently it’s supposed to be the current classic-esque playlist.

I stopped reading there.

You’re completely misinformed. it was supposed to be the premier competitive playlist, which you will see if you go back and look at the introduction thread about it or any of the announcements they first made about it. Furthermore, it is called team throwDOWN not team throwBACK and was originally said to be one of the premier playlists for csr when csr comes out.

Making it a classic playlist will not raise the population significantly to be honest. However, I completely agree that classic playlist should be implemented. Just don’t change this playlist. It was meant to be the new MLG/competitive playlist and it should stay that way.

Throwdown is meant to be a competitive playlist, not a classic playlist, Pros worked together to create it so that it seems like MLG, because that is what it is supposed to be like. The only reason it would be misconstrued as a classic playlist is because in order for the playlist to be balanced it needs to be similar to older Halos, but it is not a classic playlist.

> I stopped reading there.

I stopped reading there.

To all:

He’s not an idiot. He knows the intent of Throwdown was to be the MLG type, competitive style playlist.

What he is referring to is 343’s implication that we would have a classic option when it came to Halo 4 matchmaking. But it is obvious now that 343 regards classic as the same thing as competitive, which it is obviously not.

He’s saying “hey 343, you did this favor for the competitive community, so why not do the same for the classic community, and stop trying to pass Throwdown off as the answer to both our prayers when it is really just a competitive solution.”

He’s not wrong when he says “currently it’s supposed to be the current classic-esque playlist.” How many times have you heard people here ask for a classic playlist and the ignorant new fans say “go play throwback then! You have a classic playlist!” Until we get an actual classic playlist, throwdown is all we got and it certainly is classic-esque.

Can someone explain what differences would exist between Team Throwdown and a classic playlist?

> Can someone explain what differences would exist between Team Throwdown and a classic playlist?

Throwdown has: AAs, Ordnance Drops, Sprint, 5SK BR, 6SK Pistol, various Halo 4 weapons.

I don’t remember having the Boltshot in previous Halo games.

> > Can someone explain what differences would exist between Team Throwdown and a classic playlist?
>
> Throwdown has: AAs, Ordnance Drops, Sprint, 5SK BR, 6SK Pistol, various Halo 4 weapons.
>
> I don’t remember having the Boltshot in previous Halo games.

It also has no radar. I think to a degree, Halo 4 weapons in the playlist are fine, as long as you don’t spawn with them and they are placed on the map.

For now, a 5sk BR has to be used as it becomes a lottery cannon once made a 4 shot because of it’s spread.

> > Can someone explain what differences would exist between Team Throwdown and a classic playlist?
>
> Throwdown has: AAs, Ordnance Drops, Sprint, 5SK BR, 6SK Pistol, various Halo 4 weapons.
>
> I don’t remember having the Boltshot in previous Halo games.

If they at least removed sprint, loadouts, AA, instant respawn, and ordnance, I would be satisfied. Perhaps removing the promethean and newer UNSC weapons too. It doesn’t really matter to me personally if they don’t exactly match the weapon balancing to a previous game, because in every game the weapons were balanced slightly differently anyway.

I just want a playlist that plays like classic halo. It doesn’t have to be an exact clone of a previous game for it to satisfy me.

> > This is in regards to Team Throwdown.
> >
> > Currently it’s supposed to be the current classic-esque playlist. Stripped down gameplay, static weapon spawns, no random stuff, gametypes as similar as they can get to the old school stuff.
> >
> > But in reality it’s MLG 2.0. You hired a former MLG player (BravoMLG) and it seems contracted another former MLG player/Forger(GH057ayame) to make the maps/game types.
> >
> > That’s cool and all but I never liked playing MLG playlists. Ever. And apparently a vast majority of us don’t since at peak times it can barely draw in over 800 people.
> >
> > And the thing is, I don’t want to play MLG 2.0 at all. I want to play something similar to Social/Team Slayer from Halo 3. Why? Because they had slayer and objectives meshed together. They were simple and predictable. You never had a random camo dude sniping you and his buddy flying up and hitting you with rockets.
> >
> > From who you’ve been throwing your money at the changes they have made reflect what they are and their history. And my problem is I feel like a little child stuck between two divorcing parents and no one is paying attention to what we really want and are just projecting what you think we want.
> >
> > How about you hire some people who have played the game forever but never played competitively? I’m thinking they know more what the social people want over the MLG people you hired. But you know what? I would work for free if it meant restoring at least some part of this game to what Halo used to be. I already know how far it is to drive to the 343i studio >.>
> >
> > But at the moment a proper TU and making a good beta playlist for a good social/competitive’ish playlist would be great as well. I just want old CTF, assault and oddball. Hell VIP would be nice too.
>
> Who ever said that team throwdown was going to be a classic playlist. Please tell me.

No one, but they said we would get one. And currently throwdown is the closest thing to it.

> Can someone explain what differences would exist between Team Throwdown and a classic playlist?

The differences would basically be difference between the MLG playlist in Halo 3 to the Team Slayer/Social Slayer in Halo 3.

A little more social friendly such as having radar would go longer way for playability. Part of the problem I bet are people going into the Team Throwdown, see they have radar and die from a guy 10 feet away without realizing the radar is only a bandaid to fix the death marker problem.

Right now it’s really hard for me to get into when the population is so low that I get matched up against players that completely outclass me just because it would take too long to find an even match.

> I stopped reading there.
>
> To all:
>
> He’s not an idiot. He knows the intent of Throwdown was to be the MLG type, competitive style playlist.
>
> What he is referring to is 343’s implication that we would have a classic option when it came to Halo 4 matchmaking. But it is obvious now that 343 regards classic as the same thing as competitive, which it is obviously not.
>
> He’s saying “hey 343, you did this favor for the competitive community, so why not do the same for the classic community, and stop trying to pass Throwdown off as the answer to both our prayers when it is really just a competitive solution.”
>
> He’s not wrong when he says “currently it’s supposed to be the current classic-esque playlist.” How many times have you heard people here ask for a classic playlist and the ignorant new fans say “go play throwback then! You have a classic playlist!” Until we get an actual classic playlist, throwdown is all we got and it certainly is classic-esque.

It sure looked to me like he was complaining about how throwdown was supposed to be a classic playlist but ended up being a competitive one instead. If that’s not what he meant I’m sorry, but it really should have been worded a lot better.

Throwdown should stay. It is the most classic-esque playlist for sure but it wasn’t supposed to be. However as it happens, making Halo 4 more competive naturally makes it seem like classic. That wasn’t on purpose which is why instead of changing throwdown to be something it isn’t meant to, a new classic playlist should be made. I completely agree with you for the most part and if 343 promised it it should be in. But that shouldn’t affect throwdown at all. The OP was pretty confusing about what he meant but as for a classic playlist I’m all for it.

> > I stopped reading there.
> >
> > To all:
> >
> > He’s not an idiot. He knows the intent of Throwdown was to be the MLG type, competitive style playlist.
> >
> > What he is referring to is 343’s implication that we would have a classic option when it came to Halo 4 matchmaking. But it is obvious now that 343 regards classic as the same thing as competitive, which it is obviously not.
> >
> > He’s saying “hey 343, you did this favor for the competitive community, so why not do the same for the classic community, and stop trying to pass Throwdown off as the answer to both our prayers when it is really just a competitive solution.”
> >
> > He’s not wrong when he says “currently it’s supposed to be the current classic-esque playlist.” How many times have you heard people here ask for a classic playlist and the ignorant new fans say “go play throwback then! You have a classic playlist!” Until we get an actual classic playlist, throwdown is all we got and it certainly is classic-esque.
>
> It sure looked to me like he was complaining about how throwdown was supposed to be a classic playlist but ended up being a competitive one instead. If that’s not what he meant I’m sorry, but it really should have been worded a lot better.
>
> Throwdown should stay. It is the most classic-esque playlist for sure but it wasn’t supposed to be. However as it happens, making Halo 4 more competive naturally makes it seem like classic. That wasn’t on purpose which is why instead of changing throwdown to be something it isn’t meant to, a new classic playlist should be made. I completely agree with you for the most part and if 343 promised it it should be in. But that shouldn’t affect throwdown at all. The OP was pretty confusing about what he meant but as for a classic playlist I’m all for it.

It was worded fine. I told it how it currently is -

> <mark>Currently it’s supposed to be the current classic-esque playlist</mark>. Stripped down gameplay, static weapon spawns, no random stuff, gametypes as similar as they can get to the old school stuff.

Tell me, what other playlist right now most closely resembles game types and general feel to the previous Halo games other than Throwdown?

I’ve contacted members of the multiplayer development team via twitter and I was told to “check throwdown out”.

Thus far we have had two playlists meant to fill the niche for classics. Correct me if I’m wrong but it was Slayer Pro and Team Throwdown.

If you care to look at those two hyper links, they’re showing that people liked Slayer Pro over Throwdown. I find it hilarious that the playlist they took out due to kind of bad population and poor level layout for weapons and whatnot is still way ahead of the playlist they popped in to succeed it and to be better than it.

But the most disturbing thing about it is the two playlists meant to be our “classics” are 100% engineered for professional gameplay.

> It was worded fine. I told it how it currently is -
>
> > <mark>Currently it’s supposed to be the current classic-esque playlist</mark>. Stripped down gameplay, static weapon spawns, no random stuff, gametypes as similar as they can get to the old school stuff.
>
> Tell me, what other playlist right now most closely resembles game types and general feel to the previous Halo games other than Throwdown?

What you don’t understand is that throwdown wasn’t SUPPOSED to be the classic playlist. Its classic feel is just a result of making the game more competitive. So yes, it most resembles past halo games, but that wasn’t for the purpose of making it a classic playlist. It was a coincidence. The playlist was made specifically for competitive players.

> I’ve contacted members of the multiplayer development team via twitter and I was told to “check throwdown out”.

They’re just being ignorant. It should be obvious that a gametype made by bravo, ghost, and other mlg pros is not classic but competitive. If 343 wanted to make a classic playlist there’s no reason why they would enlist most of the help from some known competitive players. It sounds like those 343 members just don’t feel like making a classic playlist so they gave you excuses, or maybe they’re working on one right now.

> Thus far we have had two playlists meant to fill the niche for classics. Correct me if I’m wrong but it was Slayer Pro and Team Throwdown.
>
> If you care to look at those two hyper links, they’re showing that people liked Slayer Pro over Throwdown. I find it hilarious that the playlist they took out due to kind of bad population and poor level layout for weapons and whatnot is still way ahead of the playlist they popped in to succeed it and to be better than it.
>
> But the most disturbing thing about it is the two playlists meant to be our “classics” are 100% engineered for professional gameplay.

When slayer pro was in, Halo 4 had a lot more players and a lot less playlists. Its population has dropped quite a bit and more playlists have been added so obviously throwdown will have less.

> What you don’t understand is that throwdown wasn’t SUPPOSED to be the classic playlist. Its classic feel is just a result of making the game more competitive. So yes, it most resembles past halo games, but that wasn’t for the purpose of making it a classic playlist. It was a coincidence. The playlist was made specifically for competitive players.

I have already stated that I am fully aware it’s not meant to be a classic playlist. But I am aware we were supposed to get a playlist that fills the classic niche and currently the only one that comes close to that bill is Throwdown.

What you don’t seem to understand is that I’m talking about the lack of our classic playist in comparison to what we have now.

> They’re just being ignorant. It should be obvious that a gametype made by bravo, ghost, and other mlg pros is not classic but competitive. If 343 wanted to make a classic playlist there’s no reason why they would enlist most of the help from some known competitive players. It sounds like those 343 members just don’t feel like making a classic playlist so they gave you excuses, or maybe they’re working on one right now.

I’ve talked to Ghost a few times on twitter and it seems they are working on making Throwdown better, they might be working on a real classic playlist or not. I just hope they use their whole -Yoink- in this endeavor as opposed to half of an -Yoink- which seems to show on most of the playlists so far.

> When slayer pro was in, Halo 4 had a lot more players and a lot less playlists. Its population has dropped quite a bit and more playlists have been added so obviously throwdown will have less.

You are right on that part, but when 343i starts to scrap playlists when they have poor populations… Throwdown is a failure in that regard.

Team Regicide was doing better than both slayer pro and throwdown until it got shoved into Team Objective… Which funny enough, is crashing and burning like most of their other changes.

> > Can someone explain what differences would exist between Team Throwdown and a classic playlist?
>
> Throwdown has: AAs, Ordnance Drops, Sprint, 5SK BR, 6SK Pistol, various Halo 4 weapons.
>
> I don’t remember having the Boltshot in previous Halo games.

It was called the Mauler.

> words

I agree, if they said there was gonna be a classic playlist then throwdown isn’t a suitable replacement. I’d like throwdown to stay mostly as is because as a competitive playlist it is pretty fun. But a classic playlist would be great to have for a social/ranked split. Throwdown being the csr/competitive version and team classic being the unranked playlist with AR starts and stuff.