I want to get Halo 2.

I want to get Halo 2 so I can complete my Halo game collection and I’m wondering what is different for the game playing it now compared to 2004. I know there is no Multiplayer now and it was meant for the Xbox. What are the consequences of playing Halo 2 on the 360 if any? I’d please like to know as much as possible about what I can unpleasantly expect to experience if I get Halo 2 and play it on the 360. I’m all for the story mode only and I’m hearing that the game might have spots on the screen if it’s on the 360.

I played Halo 2 just recently on the 360 and had no problems occur at all. You shouldn’t have no problems playing it.

I played Halo 2 on the 360 only a few times and it felt the same to me.

Halo 2 on 360, main differences compared to running natively on oXbox:

-Offers fairly good image quality
-Can experience a framerate drop spike here or there, but for the most part it’s not terrible
-Suffers from the “ghost images” glitch. It seems as though some stuff gets stuck in the render pipeline, and transparent planes get projected at some distance from the camera. Watch some of this video to see it; it’s very noticeable for a few minutes right after the 2-minute point. It happens fairly frequently, more on some levels than others. Sometimes it resolves itself, or you can resolve it by quitting out (I can’t remember if saving and quitting by itself does it, or if you have to reload the game).

I prefer playing on oXbox because it’s a bit more stable, but the 360 software emulator isn’t bad, at least when it’s working properly.

You can purchase the Xbox Edition from Here-http://www.amazon.com/Halo-2-Xbox/dp/B00008J7NZ

You can also purchase the PC version here-http://www.amazon.com/HALO-2-Pc/dp/B000F6W8AE/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1343029328&sr=8-4&keywords=halo+2

You can’t dashboard, otherwise the people in this thread have covered everything major.

> I want to get Halo 2 so I can complete my Halo game collection and I’m wondering what is different for the game playing it now compared to 2004. I know there is no Multiplayer now and it was meant for the Xbox. What are the consequences of playing Halo 2 on the 360 if any? I’d please like to know as much as possible about what I can unpleasantly expect to experience if I get Halo 2 and play it on the 360. I’m all for the story mode only and I’m hearing that the game might have spots on the screen if it’s on the 360.

I actually just bought it to complete the my collection. I bought it for the Xbox and have been playing it on my 360. I think it’s works great, although you can’t access the Xbox Dashboard when playing it, so far that’s the only downside I’ve had.

> > I want to get Halo 2 so I can complete my Halo game collection and I’m wondering what is different for the game playing it now compared to 2004. I know there is no Multiplayer now and it was meant for the Xbox. What are the consequences of playing Halo 2 on the 360 if any? I’d please like to know as much as possible about what I can unpleasantly expect to experience if I get Halo 2 and play it on the 360. I’m all for the story mode only and I’m hearing that the game might have spots on the screen if it’s on the 360.
>
> I actually just bought it to complete the my collection. I bought it for the Xbox and have been playing it on my 360. I think it’s works great, although you can’t access the Xbox Dashboard when playing it, so far that’s the only downside I’ve had.

Just to say, you can’t access the Dashboard on any Xbox original game, not just Halo 2.

When I play Halo 2 on my 360 it runs just fine, no spots on the screen or anything. Also if you go into multiplayer mode to play custom games with friends/family at your house or something it also runs just fine. At least I didn’t experience any problems, might be different with other people though.

> > > I want to get Halo 2 so I can complete my Halo game collection and I’m wondering what is different for the game playing it now compared to 2004. I know there is no Multiplayer now and it was meant for the Xbox. What are the consequences of playing Halo 2 on the 360 if any? I’d please like to know as much as possible about what I can unpleasantly expect to experience if I get Halo 2 and play it on the 360. I’m all for the story mode only and I’m hearing that the game might have spots on the screen if it’s on the 360.
> >
> > I actually just bought it to complete the my collection. I bought it for the Xbox and have been playing it on my 360. I think it’s works great, although you can’t access the Xbox Dashboard when playing it, so far that’s the only downside I’ve had.
>
> Just to say, you can’t access the Dashboard on any Xbox original game, not just Halo 2.

What exactly does that mean that I can’t access my Xbox Dashboard? I can’t press the silver Xbox button to bring up the menu?

Personally halo 2 vista would be a better use of your money (or free?) because the multiplayer still works, it has hd graphics, and is the exact same game.

> Personally halo 2 vista would be a better use of your money (or free?) because the multiplayer still works, it has hd graphics, and is the exact same game.

Yeah but I don’t have a Vista anymore I used too but it died because of viruses on cheap computer games I played so I can only get the Xbox Halo 2.

> > > > I want to get Halo 2 so I can complete my Halo game collection and I’m wondering what is different for the game playing it now compared to 2004. I know there is no Multiplayer now and it was meant for the Xbox. What are the consequences of playing Halo 2 on the 360 if any? I’d please like to know as much as possible about what I can unpleasantly expect to experience if I get Halo 2 and play it on the 360. I’m all for the story mode only and I’m hearing that the game might have spots on the screen if it’s on the 360.
> > >
> > > I actually just bought it to complete the my collection. I bought it for the Xbox and have been playing it on my 360. I think it’s works great, although you can’t access the Xbox Dashboard when playing it, so far that’s the only downside I’ve had.
> >
> > Just to say, you can’t access the Dashboard on any Xbox original game, not just Halo 2.
>
> What exactly does that mean that I can’t access my Xbox Dashboard? I can’t press the silver Xbox button to bring up the menu?

No you won’t be able to access the Xbox menu. You’ll be able to press the silver button, but it will only pull up an option to turn off the console. However, underneath the “menu” there will be options to do certain things like: Pressing the “Y” button will take you to the Xbox Dashboard. Doing that will exit you from the regular Xbox game (Halo 2). That what we mean.
Hope that helps!!

The only problem I have is I got a new 360 after MS stopped support for the xbox games. My map packs couldn’t be transfered.

All right now that I’m hearing of a supposed Halo 2 Anniversary I can’t decide to go ahead and buy original Halo 2 (Worrying that they might make a Halo 2 Anniversary) or wait until they do make Halo 2 Anniversary ( Worrying that they might not make a Halo 2 Anniversary) I’d like to hear some advice if I should buy Halo 2 now or wait for Halo 2 A or just go buy some Halo novels because I’m getting tired of collecting these original Halo games and then hearing their remaking them.

You can get cheap off amazon :slight_smile: since who knows when or if halo 2 anniversary will come out

> All right now that I’m hearing of a supposed Halo 2 Anniversary I can’t decide to go ahead and buy original Halo 2 (Worrying that they might make a Halo 2 Anniversary) or wait until they do make Halo 2 Anniversary ( Worrying that they might not make a Halo 2 Anniversary) I’d like to hear some advice if I should buy Halo 2 now or wait for Halo 2 A or just go buy some Halo novels because I’m getting tired of collecting these original Halo games and then hearing their remaking them.

I would get the original, since you can get it cheap almost anywhere. Besides, 343i has no plans to make a Halo 2 Anniversary.

I would go ahead and buy it off Amazon. You can get Halo 2 and the map pack together for under 30 dollars. Even though XBL doesn’t support the original xbox games anymore you can still play on Xbox Connect and Xlink Kai. Regarding Halo 2 Anniversary, 343 said they aren’t currently working on that game because of Halo 4. And if they do make it in the future, you most likely won’t see it till 2014 that being Halo 2’s 10 year anniversary.

Works fine. Found halo 2 more fun coop.

> -Suffers from the “ghost images” glitch. It seems as though some stuff gets stuck in the render pipeline, and transparent planes get projected at some distance from the camera. Watch some of this video to see it; it’s very noticeable for a few minutes right after the 2-minute point. It happens fairly frequently, more on some levels than others. Sometimes it resolves itself, or you can resolve it by quitting out (I can’t remember if saving and quitting by itself does it, or if you have to reload the game).

This is the only thing you need to worry about. You’ll have to reload the game to fix it in my experience.

Go out and get it! It’s a great game.